Author Topic: Cat Stevens is Playing on XM Radio right now  (Read 3584 times)

Offline stina

• View Profile
Cat Stevens is Playing on XM Radio right now
« Reply #15 on: November 05, 2007, 10:50:26 PM »
Quote from: ""try another castle""
Although it's kind of a trick question, since I'm addicted to the hitachi magic wand.

I just knew we were kindred.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
I used to be Snow White but I drifted.

Offline stina

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 05, 2007, 10:58:09 PM »
Quote from: ""Guest""
Now the question becomes, how do sheep avoid crapping all over themselves in winter?

Dammit!

Offline try another castle

• Registered Users
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 06, 2007, 01:47:24 AM »
Quote from: ""stina""
Although it's kind of a trick question, since I'm addicted to the hitachi magic wand.

I just knew we were kindred.

OMG girlfriend, is that NOT the best  vibrator in the world?? I remember Good Vibes billed it as "the cadillac of vibrators". So every time I see a cadillac I say "Look, the hitachi magic wand of cars!!"  

Because seriously, which do YOU think I ride more, huh?

Re: Lingo. If you want it all to come flooding back in one 85 item list of pure sewage, check out

The fornits Wiki list of CEDU lingo

I wrote most of that fucker. After compiling the shit for months, as I could remember it. The list is in no way done.

Offline stina

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 06, 2007, 01:59:02 AM »
OMG girlfriend, is that NOT the best  vibrator in the world?? I remember Good Vibes billed it as "the cadillac of vibrators". So every time I see a cadillac I say "Look, the hitachi magic wand of cars!!"  

Best thing ever. And I've looked around. For once, that's not false advertising. When they say "magic" they mean "magic."

On a completely different topic, because my mind just keeps hopping around tonight...do you remember your dreams? And if so, good, bad?

• Registered Users
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 06, 2007, 02:18:52 AM »

Best thing ever. And I've looked around. For once, that's not false advertising. When they say "magic" they mean "magic."

On a completely different topic, because my mind just keeps hopping around tonight...do you remember your dreams? And if so, good, bad?

Which dreams? The ones I have at night, or the propheet?

If it's the latter, honey, I forgot that fucker about five minutes after I got out of it.

If it's the former, um.. well. It's kind of involved.

I had night terrors as a child, and from then on, I developed a healthy respect for the power of the subconscious.

I used to have these fanstastic, epic dreams that could last as much as 20 hours. I mean, they were fuckin' scripts. I had them for most of the 90s, and up until about three or four yeas ago. Then, all of the sudden, they disappeared, and I had just light dreams. I figured out that it corresponded with me being prescribed anticonvulscents. So in answer to your question, sometimes I remember bits, but they are never as vivid as they once were, and it makes me sad.

Occasionally, I will have RMA stress dreams. The worst of which is simply being stuck back there, as a girl, with my stupid-assed big frizzy girl hair, and I go running around trying to find some clippers and a razor so I can at least shave my head. They dreams, if and when I have them, are not nearly as bad as they used to be.

I also went through a period with awful awful nightmares, but not necessarily having anything to do with RMA in the dream. I think I read some sort of medical report somewhere which says that PTSD triggered dreams don't always have to be about the thing that caused the trauma, which kind of surprised me.

I had some other sleep disorders, too. For instance, I punched my first girlfriend in my sleep, and a second time, I made a move to strangle her.

The other really nasty one, and I honestly have no idea what caused it, is that starting my junior year of college, I had a string of terrifying hypnopompic hallucinations. That means as you wake up, you have visual and/or auditory hallucinations. They look real, you are awake. It's the scariest fucking shit ever. They were around for a while, and then, just as weirdly as they had shown up, they disappeared.

Anyway, the short of it is, despite all of the weirdness, my dreams are crucial to me. So I don't know what it's like for you, but when I stop remembering mine for a while, I feel like part of my reality has died.

You and I should have a race. First one to cum loses.

Offline stina

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 06, 2007, 02:45:43 AM »
Which dreams? The ones I have at night, or the propheet?

If it's the latter, honey, I forgot that fucker about five minutes after I got out of it.

Reading that now I can see how you'd think I may have been talking about the propheet. I was not.

I had night terrors as a child, and from then on, I developed a healthy respect for the power of the subconscious.

I used to have these fanstastic, epic dreams that could last as much as 20 hours. I mean, they were fuckin' scripts.

This may not be the place for this discussion, but I'd be really interested in hearing about those dreams. I used to have those dreams too. I actually still do sometimes, and I've tried to write them down, but they only last about a second after I wake up and when I try to write about them it doesn't come out the way they were. When I was in the summit there was this one song that really put me in mind of those dreams (a lot of them were flying dreams)...I'll tell you the chorus because I never forgot it, though I've never been able to find it since:

One bright night, I'm gonna fly right, out my window
Gonna fly so high that the sun (?) won't see me go...so high

And then something about a mountainside, I can't remember all of it right now. But that song. It really connected with me.

I've been really lucky that I don't normally have nightmares. Very rarely I'll have some crazy fucked up dream that involves a sociopath and lots of blood and my (or worse, someone I love's) demise, in some way or another, but it's rare.

The other really nasty one, and I honestly have no idea what caused it, is that starting my junior year of college, I had a string of terrifying hypnopompic hallucinations. That means as you wake up, you have visual and/or auditory hallucinations. They look real, you are awake. It's the scariest fucking shit ever. They were around for a while, and then, just as weirdly as they had shown up, they disappeared.

Is this like sleepwalking or something else completely?

when I stop remembering mine for a while, I feel like part of my reality has died.

Absolutely.

• Registered Users
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 06, 2007, 02:53:00 AM »
Stina, are you adopted, by any chance?

pm me if you don't want to say it here.

Is this like sleepwalking or something else completely?

No. You don't move. I would think that if were close to anything it would be something more like sleep paralysis or hypnogogic jerks.

Offline stina

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 06, 2007, 03:10:50 AM »

Are you asking this because you think we might be long lost related or because you think I may have some deep seeded issues due to said possible adoption?

• Registered Users
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 06, 2007, 05:13:11 AM »

Are you asking this because you think we might be long lost related or because you think I may have some deep seeded issues due to said possible adoption?

nono. I was wondering if there was possibly a higher percentage of sleep disorders in people who were adopted.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
counts sheep.
« Reply #24 on: November 06, 2007, 08:57:07 AM »
I had a sleep disorder that made me completely dysfunctional for years. Couldn't sleep until 5-7 AM, slept for 9 after that, never felt rested.... had nightmares 5-6 days a week.... My body completely broke down.  

Eventually, a doctor put me on Ambien (it took 2.5 X the avg dose to work) to get me to sleep, under a strict schedule, and then weaned me off gradually.  Now I'm more night owlish, but completely functional.

My nightmares became less frequent when I wrote about certain events that were traumatic, faced the shame I felt --though none of these events had to do with anything I did--and expunged them.

Oh--but I'm not adopted.