Author Topic: Suceptibility to re-indoctrination and triggered behavior  (Read 1740 times)

Offline try another castle

• Registered Users
    • View Profile
Suceptibility to re-indoctrination and triggered behavior
« on: November 05, 2007, 07:53:57 PM »
You know, I used to think that, because of what I went through, I was somehow more impervious to mind control. "Yeah, man. Now I can spot that shit a mile away."

I've done a 180 on this.

I think it makes us more vulnerable.

We may cognitively understand the inherent flaws and blatant abuse that are what make up this industry, but brainwashing doesn't rely on that. It relies on causing your fight/flight/survival instinct to overtake your rationale.

Now that we have the scars, that means we have buttons. Triggers. When we are triggered, we immediately feel fear, vulnerability, a desire to retreat, to get away from what is scaring us. We lose functionality. We question our defenses, our perception. In short, we pretty much become useless, because our ability to think clearly and rationally is compromised.

I think that this is the same for any victim of PTSD, of course. But we went through organized, systematic abuse. Abuse which can maybe cause predictable results in a subject who is triggered.

This country is currently producing a generation of people who are like this.

Chew on that.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2007, 08:03:34 PM »
are you trying to depress and scare me right now?

i know i was more succeptible to being brainwashed by the christian church because of cedu.

i hope that somehow though through all of this i will be stronger, not weaker, from what they did.  but maybe you are right, maybe they won, maybe i should just give up on myself and die.

o wait, did i say that outloud?  sorry...  but seriously, i need to have a little more hope than that to maintain.

• Registered Users
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2007, 08:17:11 PM »
now, now. Vulnerable doesn't mean inevitable. It just means you have to "stay frosty" and come up with a plan for when you are triggered. I normally concentrate on my breathing, and remove myself from the situation. I'm still shaken, but not overcome, and I'm still functional and rational. Kind of like just missing getting hit by a car, to godzilla is attacking the city.

It's all about coping skills.

Offline dishdutyfugitive

• View Profile
    • http://www.foxmovies.com/fightclub/
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2007, 08:22:33 PM »
Not me.

I went to Bikram Yoga. Really enjoyed "it", the practice. Had some great and some average teachers.

But every now and then .....wow I ran into som Modern day 'power staff' teachers that would lead the class. ......The bullshit that came out their mouth reminded me of Carmen. 1 tried to pull some intimidation bullshit on me and I called him on it. His jaw dropped to the floor. He was only used to complete obedience.

That specific class led by that numnutz is yet another example of a great concept/practice ruined because some idiot gets a hold of it and ruins it with his power tripping uber-egos.

Again, I've had other teachers that are excellent - of whom I only have the best things to say about them.

Offline Hated Cedu

• View Profile
The monster we knew as Carmen........
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2007, 11:10:44 PM »
Straight up..........who the hell was that bitch that we knew as Carmen Earl?

Seriously, where the hell did she come from?  How did she end up at CEDU?

What education did she receive to work with teenagers?

Who the fuck was she?
IP Danielle Allgood, Carmen Earl, John Padgett......enjoy your rot in hell!  :flame:

• Registered Users
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2007, 01:24:44 AM »
Dunno. All I know is, I used to do a pretty dead-on impersonation of her. Used to crack the girls in the dorm up.

I also used to do a good Bob Sulfies. Now there was a creep.

Offline Hated Cedu

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2007, 01:30:26 AM »
Bob Solphie was a fucking mummy.  Never could figure out what he actually did there.

Would love to hear your Carmen impression!! LOL!!  I can only imagine! :rofl:

What ever happened to Pat Brown?  The strange guy that worked on the farm.
IP Danielle Allgood, Carmen Earl, John Padgett......enjoy your rot in hell!  :flame:

• Registered Users
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2007, 01:48:45 AM »
I can't do her anymore, alas, since I no longer have a woman's voice.  :P

Have no idea who Pat was. Although I remember Lou. I thought he was cool. He and Wendy went through the program together as some of the first staff at RMA.

Offline dniceo7

• View Profile
Re: Suceptibility to re-indoctrination and triggered behavio
« Reply #8 on: November 06, 2007, 01:56:53 AM »
Quote from: ""try another castle""
You know, I used to think that, because of what I went through, I was somehow more impervious to mind control. "Yeah, man. Now I can spot that shit a mile away."

I've done a 180 on this.

I think it makes us more vulnerable.

We may cognitively understand the inherent flaws and blatant abuse that are what make up this industry, but brainwashing doesn't rely on that. It relies on causing your fight/flight/survival instinct to overtake your rationale.

Now that we have the scars, that means we have buttons. Triggers. When we are triggered, we immediately feel fear, vulnerability, a desire to retreat, to get away from what is scaring us. We lose functionality. We question our defenses, our perception. In short, we pretty much become useless, because our ability to think clearly and rationally is compromised.

I think that this is the same for any victim of PTSD, of course. But we went through organized, systematic abuse. Abuse which can maybe cause predictable results in a subject who is triggered.

This country is currently producing a generation of people who are like this.

Chew on that.

holy shit you are fuckin' right. I won't pretend to understand this country or society or anything well enough to agree with the last part, but the rest of it is just frighteningly true...
I don\'t look at myself in the mirror because I\'m a narcissist, I simply like to watch myself exist...

• Registered Users
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 06, 2007, 07:39:38 AM »
Quote from: ""dishdutyfugitive""
Not me.

I went to Bikram Yoga. Really enjoyed "it", the practice. Had some great and some average teachers.

But every now and then .....wow I ran into som Modern day 'power staff' teachers that would lead the class. ......The bullshit that came out their mouth reminded me of Carmen. 1 tried to pull some intimidation bullshit on me and I called him on it. His jaw dropped to the floor. He was only used to complete obedience.

That specific class led by that numnutz is yet another example of a great concept/practice ruined because some idiot gets a hold of it and ruins it with his power tripping uber-egos.

Again, I've had other teachers that are excellent - of whom I only have the best things to say about them.

Well, it sounds like those were situations where these people were not able to push your buttons. cool.