Author Topic: Another fine example of Daytop Staff in charge of kids  (Read 15847 times)

Offline odie

• View Profile
Another fine example of Daytop Staff in charge of kids
« on: October 31, 2007, 01:18:39 PM »
http://www.nj.com/news/index.ssf/2007/0 ... proba.html

I wonder if they instituted a policy of thorough backround checks yet? :wave:
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
die

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
The Truth
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2007, 03:16:23 PM »
[Mieliwocki’s case shows how someone with a checkered history could move from job to job without detection. The administration at Daytop knew nothing about the allegations against him when they hired him.

Archdiocese spokesman Jim Goodness has said the church would have divulged its findings had employers inquired. However, Daytop officials have said Mieliwocki never revealed he was a priest]

Can't You read?

If you research this case further you will also find out that they did a backround check and the previous employer who knew he was a priest and his checkered past failed to inform Daytop. Once again Odie you are way off . :rofl:

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
The Truth
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2007, 03:17:08 PM »
[Mieliwocki’s case shows how someone with a checkered history could move from job to job without detection. The administration at Daytop knew nothing about the allegations against him when they hired him.

Archdiocese spokesman Jim Goodness has said the church would have divulged its findings had employers inquired. However, Daytop officials have said Mieliwocki never revealed he was a priest]

Can't You read?

If you research this case further you will also find out that they did a backround check and the previous employer who knew he was a priest and his checkered past failed to inform Daytop. Once again Odie you are way off . :rofl:

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
The Truth
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2007, 03:17:32 PM »

Can't You read?

Offline odie

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2007, 09:52:11 AM »
Yes I can read, but can you Honesty? Or did you miss something when you read " Mieliwocki avoided having his license suspended in 1999 for inappropriate behavior with a male patient only by agreeing to weekly monitoring for three years, a consent order showed. Now it would appear to me that this is part of public record that Daytop could have easily accessed if they knew how. But then again when the philosophy is keep the beds filled and asses in seats who would think to actually do backround checks on staff. I wonder what would be revealed if someone outside of their agency did backround checks on ALL of their staff. Hmmm...gee I wonder how many of them revealed their  felony records to licensing boards.
 :rofl:
die

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
The Truth
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2007, 06:48:58 PM »
Now Odie, How many times have I had to tell you your facts are wrong. If you google the issue you will see a number of articles that explain that Daytop did a backround check as well as a license check and for that matter even contacted prior employers. Not One and let me repeat Not one indicated any issue with this person. Now lets take it a step futher. Daytop checked with the licensing board and because his license was not suspended only put on probation no issues showed up. Now, again Odie you have your facts wrong. I also want to point out that Daytop, Nj has littlie if any worry about keeping the beds full. In fact Odie it the complete oppisite. They don't have enough. Most of the time the waiting list is months. SO Odie, I guess it's time you move on from your slander campaign and just accept the fact that you are misinformed.  :rofl:

Offline odie

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2007, 02:25:00 PM »
I don't need to slander Daytop, they do a good job at doing it to themselves. This was just another prime example of what happens when you let the patients run the asylum.
die

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
The Truth
« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2007, 08:13:02 AM »
Now Odie, You can do better then that. It's sad that you can't accept the truth. Well just remeber to "Act as If" and in time it will become real!  :P

Offline Troll Control

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 08, 2007, 09:39:02 AM »
Spoken like a true moron, Honesty.  I'm glad you graduated Daytop, as high school would  be out of the question.
The Linchpin Link

Whooter - The Most Prolific Troll Fornits Has Ever Seen - The Definitive Links
**********************************************************************************************************
"Looks like a nasty aspentrolius sticci whooterensis infestation you got there, Ms. Fornits.  I\'ll get right to work."

- Troll Control

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
The Truth
« Reply #9 on: November 08, 2007, 03:50:38 PM »
Mr. St. John, I can tell that the truth has cut you deep :oops: . When you or your buddy Odie are called on your lies You result to insults.  It's amazing that the both of you spend so much time looking for issues that don't exist. If you think you can just spew your bullshit without anyone calling you on it your wrong. Now for being a graduate, I never claimed to be one. But what if I am? Maybe your just mad :flame:  because you couldn’t complete the program and you continue to fail at Life.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Re: The Truth
« Reply #10 on: November 09, 2007, 08:53:33 PM »
Quote from: ""Honesty""
Mr. St. John, I can tell that the truth has cut you deep :oops: . When you or your buddy Odie are called on your lies You result to insults.  It's amazing that the both of you spend so much time looking for issues that don't exist. If you think you can just spew your bullshit without anyone calling you on it your wrong. Now for being a graduate, I never claimed to be one. But what if I am? Maybe your just mad :flame:  because you couldn’t complete the program and you continue to fail at Life.

Hey bro.. Do me a favor..  Next time you direct a response toward me make sure that I wrote the post you are responding too.  I didn t write that post and had I, I  would ve let you known.  In all honesty( no pun intended), I don't think that you would ve had any problem graduating high school at all, and the time of humor that was used in the post directed toward you, was in my opinion, immature, schoolboy humor, with no base and no purpose.

As far the things that you have written to and about me in your post above, I haven t the time to respond to it right now, which in many ways is not so big of a deal, as it is a horribly written , pointless post, that  throws out baseless assertions, with no explanations, and therefore, is not even really even worth a response.

Good day Honesty.

Paul St. John

Offline Inculcated

• View Profile
Re: Another fine example of Daytop Staff in charge of kids
« Reply #11 on: May 17, 2010, 01:31:55 AM »
Mieliwocki affair
Rev. Richard Mieliwocki   was removed from duty in February 1994 after the archdiocese found credence in two men's claims that Mieliwocki abused them beginning in 1988 at Our Lady of Sorrows Church in South Orange.

Mieliwocki social worker Mieliwocki left the Catholic church and became a social worker, continuing to deal with young men. He avoided having his license suspended in 1999 for inappropriate behavior by agreeing to weekly monitoring for three years. At Daytop Village drug-treatment center in Mendham, Mieliwocki victimized four of the center's male teenagers residents during one-on-one counseling sessions 8 March-6 December 2004 and he was charged with sexual misconduct, 9 August 2005. He was sentenced to five years probation and 300 hours of community service, 21 September 2007.
Note The case literally fell apart, giving the appearance that Mieliwocki was only getting a slap on the wrist, but it disintegrated after one of the boys died of a drug overdose and the other partially recanted.
Edited to add the following Link w/ quote:
Former Newark priest is accused of molesting teens in rehab center
… a resident reported that Mieliwocki had another teenager remove his shirt during a private counseling session -- a violation of the facility's policies. Hennon immediately contacted the prosecutor's office, and in the course of that investigation learned of the more prurient allegations.

According to the arrest affidavit, Mieliwocki fondled two 17-year-old boys and an 18-year-old resident and stripped-searched another 17-year-old boy.

The youths whom Mieliwocki is accused of molesting were all on probation, and Mieliwocki had disciplinary power over them, according to the criminal complaint.

He had two of the boys remove their underwear, and spanked one of them, according to the sworn statement of detective Dan Haber of the prosecutor's office. Mieliwocki asked all four victims about the size of their private parts, and how often they masturbated, the arrest affidavit said.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2010, 01:09:44 AM by Inculcated »
“A person needs a little madness, or else they never dare cut the rope and be free”  Nikos Kazantzakis

Offline Inculcated

• View Profile
Student Burned at Daytop
« Reply #12 on: May 17, 2010, 01:59:04 AM »
Significant Settlement For Face Burned While Using Gas Stove
John represented a 17-year-old Brooklyn resident of Daytop Village (a drug treatment facility) in Milbrook, New York (Dutchess County), who was burned in the face when using a gas stove in the middle of the night. The injured victim was told to use the stove, yet no one explained how to use it. Without filing a lawsuit, John successfully secured a settlement based on negligent supervision. The amount recovered in this case is confidential.
“A person needs a little madness, or else they never dare cut the rope and be free”  Nikos Kazantzakis

Offline Inculcated

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 17, 2011, 12:47:00 AM »
Three Clinical Counselors at Daytop Village in Queens Are Charged With Insurance Fraud North Country Gazette, 26 of July , 2011 at 4:09 pm
DA: Daytop Counselors Filed False Reports

QUEENS—Three clinical counselors at Daytop Village in Far Rockaway, which provides substance abuse treatment to adults and teens, have been charged with insurance fraud, conspiracy and other crimes for allegedly filing false progress reports with the courts on behalf of a patient in exchange for his obtaining for them what they believed to be stolen merchandise.

Kasheen Bolden, 40, of Brooklyn, Claudette Fickling, 60, of Long Island, and Miguel Aviles, 46, of New Jersey, are variously charged with third degree insurance fraud, first-degree offering a false instrument for filing, first- and second-degree falsifying business records, third-degree criminal possession of stolen property, fifth-degree conspiracy, fourth-degree criminal facilitation, fifth-degree attempted criminal possession of stolen property and attempted petit larceny.

If convicted, the defendants each face up to seven years in prison.

Prosecutors said that the three defendants were employed as clinical counselors at Daytop Village’s Adult Intake and Assessment Unit, located at 316 Beach 65th St. in Far Rockaway, Queens. An individual who is sent to Daytop by any Criminal, County, Supreme or District Court in the State of New York initially goes to the Far Rockaway location for assessment and treatment by clinical counselors. Progress reports are then filed with the New York State Unified Court System.

According to the charges, between May 2010 and this month, Bolden, Fickling and Aviles provided unauthorized benefits to a patient – such as not having to stay at the facility, attend therapy sessions or take mandatory urine tests – and filed false progress reports with the court on his behalf in exchange for his obtaining for them what they believed to be stolen merchandise – such as laundry detergent, tools and computers.

Officials said the investigation was continuing.

Offline Inculcated

• View Profile
Re: Another fine example of Daytop Staff in charge of kids
« Reply #14 on: September 17, 2011, 01:09:31 AM »
http://www.queensda.org/newpressrelease ... 11_cmp.pdf

DISTRICT ATTORNEY
QUEENS COUNTY
125-01 QUEENS BOULEVARD
KEW GARDENS, NEW YORK 11415-1568
718-286-6000
Release # 138-2011
http://www.queensda.org
RICHARD A. BROWN
DISTRICT ATTORNEY
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE CONTACT: KEVIN RYAN
TUESDAY, JULY 19, 2011 HELEN PETERSON
MERIS CAMPBELL
(718) 286-6315

DAYTOP VILLAGE DRUG TREATMENT COUNSELORS CHARGED WITH FILING FALSE PROGRESS REPORTS
Allegedly Filed Reports With Court Falsely Stating That Patient Had Complied With Drug Treatment Plan

Queens District Attorney Richard A.Brown today announced that three clinical counselors at Daytop Village in Far Rockaway, which provides substance abuse treatment to adults and teens, have been charged with insurance fraud, conspiracy and other crimes for allegedly filing false progress reports with the courts on behalf of a patient in exchange for his obtaining for them what they believed to be stolen merchandise.

District Attorney Brown said, “The defendants are accused of using their positions of trust as drug counselors for personal gain. Their alleged actions undermine the entire purpose of Daytop Village’s mission to help individuals end their dependence on drugs and, for many, a revolving door of incarceration. In this case, not only did the defendants allegedly commit criminal acts, they failed the patient by permitting him to avoid treatment for their own personal gain.”

The District Attorney identified the defendants as Kasheen Bolden, 40, of Brooklyn, Claudette Fickling, 60, of Long Island, and Miguel Aviles, 46, of New Jersey. The defendants, who are presently awaiting arraignment in Queens Criminal Court, are variously charged with third degree insurance fraud, first-degree offering a false instrument for filing, first- and second-degree falsifying business records, third-degree criminal possession of stolen property, fifth-degree conspiracy, fourth-degree criminal facilitation, fifth-degree attempted criminal possession of stolen property and attempted petit larceny. If convicted, the defendants each face up to seven years in prison.

The District Attorney said that the three defendants were employed as clinical counselors at Daytop Village’s Adult Intake and Assessment Unit, located at 316 Beach 65th Street in Far Rockaway, Queens. An individual who is sent to Daytop by any Criminal, County, Supreme or District Court in the State of New York initially goes to the Far Rockaway location for assessment and treatment by clinical counselors. Progress reports are then filed with the New York State Unified Court System. According to the charges, between May 2010 and July 2011, Bolden, Fickling and Aviles provided unauthorized benefits to a patient – such as not having to stay at the facility, attend therapy sessions or take mandatory urine tests – and filed false progress reports with the court on his behalf

[- 2 -]

in exchange for his obtaining for them what they believed to be stolen merchandise – such as laundry detergent, tools and computers.
The District Attorney noted that the investigation was continuing.The investigation is being conducted by Detectives James Monaco and Dominick DiGennaro,of the District Attorney’s NYPD Squad, under the supervision of Sergeant Francis Teran, Lieutenant Keith P. Gallagher and Captain John F. Zanfardino and the overall supervision of Chief Louis M. Croce, Jr. and Chief of Detectives Phil T. Pulaski. Douglas L. Knight, Director of the District Attorney’s Alternative Sentencing program, is assisting in the investigation.
Assistant District Attorney Marnie B. Lobel, of the District Attorney’s Special Proceedings Bureau, is prosecuting the case under the supervision of Assistant District Attorneys Anthony M.Communiello, Bureau Chief and Oscar W. Ruiz, Deputy Bureau Chief, and the overall supervision of Executive Assistant District Attorney of the Investigations Division Peter A. Crusco and Deputy Executive Assistant District Attorney for Investigations Linda M. Cantoni.
It should be noted that a criminal complaint is merely an accusation and that a defendant is presumed innocent until proven guilty.

#
Note to Editors: Press release e-version posted at http://www.queensda.org