Author Topic: Ways to get layed off from your job  (Read 2020 times)

Offline TheWho

• View Profile
Ways to get layed off from your job
« on: October 30, 2007, 09:35:21 PM »
I have had reports, from some of my managers,  of employees in some of my companies,  that do some really strange things to put them on the short list.   They didnt want to screw up so bad that they would get fired, but wanted to get lin line to be the first to be laid off so they could collect unemployment benefits.

Does anyone know someone who tried to get laid off so they could collect and how they did it or what they tried?
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline TheWho

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2007, 09:51:56 PM »
Okay, I will start.  I had a general manager of a metal stamping firm in Idaho call me with a problem that one of his best employees kept responding to all his requests (in the weekly production meeting) with:

"Do you want fries with that."
and asked me if he could fire him and I said "No, not for say that"...

then he called a week later and said the same guy put his trash can on his desk and labeled it "In Basket".. so we let him go, but he was able to collect because he didnt break any rules.

Anybody ever see people like this at work?

Offline Che Gookin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2007, 11:19:16 PM »
Well in Korea we can easily get laid off for not shaving for a month and telling the kids in our classes that Japan is a far superior country.. Which between you and me if the Japanese paid more I'd be teaching there  as Japan is far superior of a country.

I like Korea but damn... they got a lot of things to work on. Having their kids not piss in a cup in the meat section of the supermarket would  be a good start.

Offline TheWho

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2007, 11:28:27 PM »
I had one guy who put mosquito netting around his cubicle and played a tape of jungle sounds all day..... I couldnt legally fire him, but we laid him off after 6 months.

Offline Che Gookin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2007, 11:35:04 PM »
I think that is about the time you pay someone to flatten his tires everyday for a week to fire him for being late to work.

Offline TheWho

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2007, 11:50:10 PM »
Quote from: ""Che Gookin""
I think that is about the time you pay someone to flatten his tires everyday for a week to fire him for being late to work.

We had a guy in a Cincinnati office who would ask people what sex they are and then laugh hysterically after they answer.  He couldn’t be fired for sexual harassment and he was doing a good job but he had to go after 6 months.

Offline Che Gookin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2007, 01:10:24 AM »
Hmmm maybe they couldn't figure out the joke eh?

I'd have replied, "A little of both".

Offline TheWho

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 31, 2007, 10:53:39 AM »
One of the mangers in our western office had an employee who was always leaving the building and not telling anyone where he was going.  He would go out for hours and if asked he would get annoyed and say he had stuff to do.  So his boss asked him to just let him know when he would be leaving the building from now on.

Well after that the guy would send emails to the entire company (even corporate) like “If anyone needs me I will be in the mens room in Stall # 2.â€

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 31, 2007, 11:33:12 AM »
They should let you go, all you do is surf Fornits while your at work and troll the NAMBLA site. Shame you on douchebag.

Offline Troll Control

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 31, 2007, 01:17:12 PM »
Quote from: "TheWho"
One of the mangers in our western office had an employee who was always leaving the building and not telling anyone where he was going.  He would go out for hours and if asked he would get annoyed and say he had stuff to do.  So his boss asked him to just let him know when he would be leaving the building from now on.

Well after that the guy would send emails to the entire company (even corporate) like “If anyone needs me I will be in the mens room in Stall # 2.â€
The Linchpin Link

Whooter - The Most Prolific Troll Fornits Has Ever Seen - The Definitive Links
**********************************************************************************************************
"Looks like a nasty aspentrolius sticci whooterensis infestation you got there, Ms. Fornits.  I\'ll get right to work."

- Troll Control

Offline TheWho

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 31, 2007, 01:22:36 PM »
Here is one:

At lunchtime, sit in your parked car with sunglasses on and point a hair dryer at passing cars. See if they slow down.

Offline Che Gookin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 31, 2007, 11:08:48 PM »
maybe they should have just set up a phone in stall 2? That would have eliminated bathroom breaks and all.

Offline Nihilanthic

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 31, 2007, 11:21:18 PM »
Quote from: ""Guest""
Here is one:

At lunchtime, sit in your parked car with sunglasses on and point a hair dryer at passing cars. See if they slow down.

Cops here have fucking super-scope-6 (from SNES days!) looking laser bazookas.

At night you only see a red light and beefy arms curled around a long arm. Its fucking scary, even if you're going the limit.
DannyB on the internet:I CALLED A LAWYER TODAY TO SEE IF I COULD SUE YOUR ASSES FOR DOING THIS BUT THAT WAS NOT POSSIBLE.

CCMGirl on program restraints: "DON\'T TAZ ME BRO!!!!!"

TheWho on program survivors: "From where I sit I see all the anit-program[sic] people doing all the complaining and crying."

Offline Che Gookin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 31, 2007, 11:34:50 PM »
Where I used to live they dressed up a manequin as a po po and had him sit in an old wreck of a police car that they painted up to look nicely down by the main drag.

Actually worked to keep speed limits down because what they would do is every now and then actually remove the fake cop and put a real one in the seat with a radar gun and a working radio.. lols.. durrr.. heheheh one of the few times Ive ever actually congratualed the police.