Poll

Is this a good idea

yes
3 (75%)
no
1 (25%)

Total Members Voted: 4

Voting closes: August 25, 2045, 05:38:00 AM

Author Topic: Action Alerts forum  (Read 2976 times)

Offline hanzomon4

• View Profile
Action Alerts forum
« on: October 29, 2007, 01:19:00 AM »
Hey would it be good to have a forum dedicated to posting information about upcoming protest, letter writing campaigns, participation in investigations, or any up coming event that needs participation from survivors, concerned strangers , or whomever?

I know that we've had folks post in various sections on fornits that participation is need for things like this, the Mel Ridder protest, PBMoms appeal to write letters to officials deciding the licensing issues of various programs, the GAO investigation, etc.. I just think it would be neat to have it all posted in one place so those looking to get involved would be able to find something that suits their time, abilities, location, whatever.

Just an idea...
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
i]Do something real, however, small. And don\'t-- don\'t diss the political things, but understand their limitations - Grace Lee Boggs[/i]
I do see the present and the future of our children as very dark. But I trust the people\'s capacity for reflection, rage, and rebellion - Oscar Olivera

Howto]

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Action Alerts forum
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2007, 02:03:07 AM »
We aren't some god damn faggot advocacy forum. This here is the Whore house of cyberia.

Let's stop trying to jew it up with all these parent friendly faggotty arsed bullshit ideas of being nice and having nice little action alerts.

Fuck.. this is fornits..

if the person has enough cred all they have to do is post their alert IN the TTI and it will get noticed.

If they don't have jack shit in the way of cred then fuck em. They need to learn to hustle better.

SO Please.. lets stop this bullshit trend to changing fornits into some happy faggoty place where everyone faps to action alerts.

Though if they put up a forum for posting pictures of staff, retarded parents, and pedaphiles I'd support that.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Action Alerts forum
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2007, 02:32:10 AM »
Though if they put up a forum for posting pictures of staff, retarded parents, and pedaphiles I'd support that.

:rofl:  :rofl:

Offline Ursus

• View Profile
Action Alerts forum
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2007, 07:14:12 AM »
Quote from: ""Guest""
:rofl:  :rofl:

Perhaps some descriptives should also be included for the uninitiated.
-------------- • -------------- • --------------

Offline Deborah

• View Profile
Action Alerts forum
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2007, 09:03:09 AM »
I don't think there's enough "action" to warrant a seperate forum, per se. But maybe a sticky on TTI and/or the specific program forum the current action is directed at. New actions could be posted in the sticky until the date the action expires.

I'm all for the multi-pronged approach. Some people can't attend protests, but can write letters, etc.

Fuck.. this is fornits..

And, what does that mean? No action alerts?
No one's required to participate.
No one person speaks for Fornits.
Far's I can tell, it's pretty much a "free for all" in all forums.
Is your concern that Fornits doesn't represent your personal values?
gt;>>>>>>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<<<<<
Hidden Lake Academy, after operating 12 years unlicensed will now be monitored by the state. Access information on the Federal Class Action lawsuit against HLA here: http://www.fornits.com/wwf/viewtopic.php?t=17700

Offline Deborah

• View Profile
Action Alerts forum
« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2007, 11:10:08 AM »
BTW, just noticed a Current Events page on Fornits Wiki
http://www.fornits.com/wiki/index.php/Current_events
gt;>>>>>>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<<<<<
Hidden Lake Academy, after operating 12 years unlicensed will now be monitored by the state. Access information on the Federal Class Action lawsuit against HLA here: http://www.fornits.com/wwf/viewtopic.php?t=17700

Offline hanzomon4

• View Profile
Action Alerts forum
« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2007, 07:27:53 PM »
Oh, cool thanks deb
i]Do something real, however, small. And don\'t-- don\'t diss the political things, but understand their limitations - Grace Lee Boggs[/i]
I do see the present and the future of our children as very dark. But I trust the people\'s capacity for reflection, rage, and rebellion - Oscar Olivera

Howto]

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
Action Alerts forum
« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2007, 02:00:48 PM »
Just start the thread, keep it current w/ any info you come by from any source. If it gets enough interest to split it off then we'll do that. Probably the best type of alerts to kick such a thing off is media alerts. Take a look over at http://mapinc.org/ and see how they do it. I've tried before to replicate that model under the name Cassandra Project but there hadn't been enough interest at the time. It's looking pretty good now, though! Have at it!
"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Action Alerts forum
« Reply #8 on: November 02, 2007, 02:24:22 PM »
thank you so much antigen!!!