Author Topic: The issue from a parents perspective  (Read 13855 times)

Offline Pitbull Mom

• View Profile
The issue from a parents perspective
« Reply #60 on: October 30, 2007, 03:23:18 PM »
Who, why don't you just apologize to Joyce, you obviously didn't single her out, but I can certainly see how your comment would be insulting to her.  Miller obviously had a strategy, which seems to have worked, since he got the interest from Congress he was looking for. Doesn't really matter what his strategy was or why.

Then we can move on and stay on topic.  I'm actually interested in hearing what other parents have to say, since we now apparently have our own thread. I'm moving on in my quest for ACCOUNTABILITY, and the more information I have, the more ammunition I have. I'm working with a protection and advocacy organization, and they are VERY interested in how these kids have been exploited, and why so many of them have ended up dead or abused.

to all of you who have had kids abused in a program, or have been abused yourself, especially if it's very recent, PLEASE start filing complaints with every organization in your state that will listen to you. Every state has some kind of protection and advocacy group staffed by attorneys who are committed to the welfare of kids. If you can't find one, contact the National Youth Law Center and ask them for help. http://http://www.youthlaw.org/child_welfare/ While this organization does not represent people in individual cases, they have a wealth of information and can get you pointed in the right direction. People who work in this arena are aware of the hearing, many have seen it, and they are very open right now to hearing your stories. It's helpful to have a concise account of your story, with a timeline, and as much documentation, emails, phone call records, invoices, behavior reports, etc as you can provide.

Pitbull Mom aka Hippie Chick Soccer Mom
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
Pitbull Mom

Offline Oz girl

• View Profile
« Reply #61 on: October 30, 2007, 04:04:32 PM »
Quote from: ""Deborah""
Quote from: ""Oz girl""
i ronically the who recommended I read this book a yr ago because he thought it would make me see that ALA is one f the good ones. When I first finished it i assumed that he was veing ironic

Did you mean ASR?

sorry. Yeas imeant asr
n case you\'re worried about what\'s going to become of the younger generation, it\'s going to grow up and start worrying about the younger generation.-Roger Allen

Offline TheWho

• View Profile
« Reply #62 on: October 30, 2007, 04:10:05 PM »
Pitbull Mom wrote:
Who, why don't you just apologize to Joyce, you obviously didn't single her out, but I can certainly see how your comment would be insulting to her. Miller obviously had a strategy, which seems to have worked, since he got the interest from Congress he was looking for. Doesn't really matter what his strategy was or why.................

PM, If I knew what to apologize for I would.  I read over my posts and I dont see how they were insulting.

My point is that Miller knows these committees and he knows who would best represent his cause.  He shouldn’t get beat up for it.  Tobacco Company’s don’t send chain smokers to represent them, the alcohol pushers don’t send an out of control alcoholic to represent their industry and so on.  It’s no slight against anyone that he choose the parents of kids who died vs kids who attended.

They put what they feel is their best representation and go with it, this should not be insulting to people.  My daughter attended a program and I don’t feel it is insulting to her.... I think she would make a great spokesperson, although I don’t think George Miller would agree with me I don’t take it as a personal insult to myself or my daughter.
If I am missing something please point it out, but I don’t see it.

Offline Nihilanthic

• View Profile
« Reply #63 on: October 30, 2007, 04:11:53 PM »
My point is that Miller knows these committees and he knows who would best represent his cause. He shouldn’t get beat up for it. Tobacco Company’s don’t send chain smokers to represent them, the alcohol pushers don’t send an out of control alcoholic to represent their industry and so on. It’s no slight against anyone that he choose the parents of kids who died vs kids who attended.

Yet again you insinuate programs actually treat anything and kids there actually need treatment!

Considering the blatant lack of diagnosis or any amount of "proof" or "facts" to get in the way of your ranting and raving I find this quite amusing.

But then again considering you admit to being a paid agent provocateur, what should I expect?

You unethical bastard.
DannyB on the internet:I CALLED A LAWYER TODAY TO SEE IF I COULD SUE YOUR ASSES FOR DOING THIS BUT THAT WAS NOT POSSIBLE.

CCMGirl on program restraints: "DON\'T TAZ ME BRO!!!!!"

TheWho on program survivors: "From where I sit I see all the anit-program[sic] people doing all the complaining and crying."

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #64 on: October 30, 2007, 06:49:23 PM »
assWHO said -
PM, If I knew what to apologize for I would. I read over my posts and I dont see how they were insulting.

That's program speak for "fuck you", basically. It's just the nice, proper way to say it.

Offline hanzomon4

• View Profile
« Reply #65 on: October 30, 2007, 06:54:02 PM »
Stop putting words in Millers mouth. Seriously all of this crap you are spouting about credibility and Miller's intentions are bull shit who. The first GAO report focused on deaths, which you would know if you cared to read it. Logic dictates that those kids can't speak for themselves so their parents were the next best spokesmen to highlight the focus of the FIRST GAO report. The 2nd report will focus on abuse and I expect survivors to testify, until then it's all needless speculation, K? Good, let's get back on topic...
i]Do something real, however, small. And don\'t-- don\'t diss the political things, but understand their limitations - Grace Lee Boggs[/i]
I do see the present and the future of our children as very dark. But I trust the people\'s capacity for reflection, rage, and rebellion - Oscar Olivera

Howto]

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #66 on: October 30, 2007, 07:00:32 PM »
Quote from: ""hanzomon4""
Stop putting words in Millers mouth. Seriously all of this crap you are spouting about credibility and Miller's intentions are bull shit who. The first GAO report focused on deaths, which you would know if you cared to read it. Logic dictates that those kids can't speak for themselves so their parents were the next best spokesmen to highlight the focus of the FIRST GAO report. The 2nd report will focus on abuse and I expect survivors to testify, until then it's all needless speculation, K? Good, let's get back on topic...

And you know this because?  Seriously, you seem to infer that you know more than the average joe.  Why is that?  Second, what's up with the commands to stay on topic?   This is Rampant Talking Out of Group.  Remember???  Stop fucking with the formula.  :rofl:

Offline hanzomon4

• View Profile
« Reply #67 on: October 30, 2007, 07:08:17 PM »
Watch the hearing where that was all discussed. Oh and "commands", really? If that's how you see it oh well can't help you there.
i]Do something real, however, small. And don\'t-- don\'t diss the political things, but understand their limitations - Grace Lee Boggs[/i]
I do see the present and the future of our children as very dark. But I trust the people\'s capacity for reflection, rage, and rebellion - Oscar Olivera

Howto]

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #68 on: October 30, 2007, 07:26:07 PM »
Back on Topic, K?  Classic passive-aggressive moderation.  At least I'm direct - stop fucking with the RTOOG formula.

Offline TheWho

• View Profile
« Reply #69 on: October 30, 2007, 08:00:34 PM »

I think you may be full of crap, you didn’t know what his intentions were until the hearings like everyone else.  I read the lead up report and watched the testimony live. Why was everyone so upset because survivors were not invited to the first hearing if he made it clear that they were focusing on Deaths in the first hearing and abuse for the second hearing?

If this was so clear why didn’t anyone hear about it except you?

My comments were developed and based on his possible reasoning for not including survivors testimony, which to date, he has not asked for.

Offline hanzomon4

• View Profile
« Reply #70 on: October 30, 2007, 08:21:19 PM »
Quote from: ""TheWho""

I think you may be full of crap, you didn’t know what his intentions were until the hearings like everyone else[Never said I did, so where the hell did you get that idea from?] .  I read the lead up report[No idiot, I said read the GAO report] and watched the testimony live. Why was everyone so upset because survivors were not invited to the first hearing if he made it clear that they were focusing on Deaths in the first hearing and abuse for the second hearing?

If this was so clear why didn’t anyone hear about it except you?[Twisting my words again, the information about the 2nd report was reveled during the hearings, and the first report was released during the hearings. I never claimed I knew before hand what the focus of the report would be]  

My comments were developed and based on his possible reasoning for not including survivors testimony, which to date, he has not asked for.[Oh I guess that whole GAO investigation he asked for came out of thin air, not testimony from survivors.]

Because no one knew until the report was released what was going to be in it or what the focus would be. And he hasn't asked for survivor testimony? Who do you think the GAO was talking with? You are full of shit because you keep trying to say that Miller doesn't view survivors as credible. That is your bit of propaganda that comes right out of your shit hole, ya know that thing you talk with.

Howto]

Offline TheWho

• View Profile
« Reply #71 on: October 30, 2007, 08:51:59 PM »
Because no one knew until the report was released what was going to be in it or what the focus would be.

Bingo!!  finally.. and we wont know if and how many survivors he will ask for the second hearing until we see it or Mr. Miller decides to release that information.

Offline hanzomon4

• View Profile
« Reply #72 on: October 30, 2007, 08:56:21 PM »
Because no one knew until the report was released what was going to be in it or what the focus would be.

Bingo!!  finally.. and we wont know if and how many survivors he will ask for the second hearing until we see it or Mr. Miller decides to release that information.

OMG!!! Who what a revelation!

The 2nd report will focus on abuse and I expect survivors to testify, until then it's all needless speculation, K? Good, let's get back on topic...

:rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:

Howto]

Offline TheWho

• View Profile
« Reply #73 on: October 30, 2007, 09:15:22 PM »
Exactly, so lets not all get bent out of shape because people speculated on what Mr. Millers intentions are… whether or not he invites survivors to the next meeting is his call and he will do what he feels is right and in the best interest of the cause (as he sees it).

In the mean time people will have opinions and lets not poke them with a sharp stick because you don’t agree with them or like them.

Offline hanzomon4

• View Profile
« Reply #74 on: October 30, 2007, 09:25:17 PM »
Exactly, so lets not all get bent out of shape because people speculated on what Mr. Millers intentions are… whether or not he invites survivors to the next meeting is his call and he will do what he feels is right and in the best interest of the cause (as he sees it).

In the mean time people will have opinions and lets not poke them with a sharp stick because you don’t agree with them or like them.

No you are trying to paint the first hearings in a certain light NOW. The report explains quiet clearly what I stated,  the focus was on deaths in the first report. So yes your "speculation" in this thread is flat out misinformation and lies.

the Committee asked GAO to (1) verify
whether allegations of abuse and
death at residential treatment
programs are widespread and
(2) examine the facts and
circumstances surrounding
selected closed cases where a
teenager died while enrolled in a
private program.

To select our case studies, we identified numerous closed civil and criminal cases in which a court was asked to decide whether a private residential treatment program was responsible for the death of an enrolled teenager.

Howto]