Author Topic: BOSOX  (Read 4107 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Re: attitude!!!
« Reply #15 on: October 31, 2007, 08:49:35 AM »
Quote from: ""3xsaSeedling""
Whoa!!  I forgot the years of LOSING has made y'all very agressive!
I'm not the normal Yankee fan:
first) I don't boo.  Not even booston.  Booing, razzing (all that crap) is bad sportsmanship to me.  I want your team to play great:  and mine to play greater  8-)  
second)  I acknowledge accomplishments - no matter who accomplishes them.  Why is he Afraud?  'Cause he went for the option?  I'd take my "marbles" and leave town too.  Maybe if the fans had been a bit less brutal...  But you know what?  For those kinds of  bucks?...  Suck it up and play ball.  But I don't play ball.
third)  Dark days? 26 times World Champions:  When you love your team (for real, no matter how they do, or how well they do it)?  No such thing.  Life has a way of going on with or without your permission.  As untouchable as they've been is a measure of how 'dark' it will get.  And I will love my Yankees with or without  the Joe's or either Lou or Mantle or Scooter or POSADA or ARod or O'Neill or Bernie or Mariano.  
And it is time for a new manager.   Don't blame the players for George's business moves.  They're his.  He bought them.  They know that going in.

He is A-Fraud because he slapped the ball out of Arroyo's hand.  He is A-Fraud because of the elbow he threw at Pedroia while sliding into 2nd.  He is A-Fraud because he yelled while running from 2nd to 3rd to distract the Blue Jays infielders and cause them to drop a ball.  He is A-Fraud because he will never, ever sacrifice for the good of the team and only wants to make the most money he can.  He is A-Fraud because he is a bush-league player who, thankfully, will never win a World Series.  He is A-Fraud because he is the antithesis of a good baseball player, and you can throw as many stats at me as you want, you will never convince me that he is a good baseball player.  To be a good baseball player, you have to be a good TEAM PLAYER.  Anybody else notice that NOT ONE of his teammates came to his defense in any of those situations?  Ever wonder why?
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline 3xsaSeedling

• View Profile
BOSOX
« Reply #16 on: October 31, 2007, 11:39:00 PM »
That's just ARod being ARod   :rofl:  ::roflmao::  ::roflmao::  ::roflmao::
Of all the things I\'ve ever lost, I miss my mind the most.
Wait...I found \'IT\'!!    
oh joy

"Fresh baked daily!"

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
BOSOX
« Reply #17 on: November 01, 2007, 05:01:58 PM »

Yeah, you've lost your mind alright.

Offline dniceo7

• View Profile
BOSOX
« Reply #18 on: November 01, 2007, 05:28:26 PM »
Quote from: ""Guest""

last year i was PRAYING that the sox didn't fuck up and sign barry "I'm 29 and I'm already in my twilight years" zito...now I'm praying they don't let lowell walk and sign alex "mr. ICE COLD IN october" rodriguez. seriously, we could either sign a-fraud for about $23 mil a year now, or we can save our cash for dustin pedroia, kevin youkilis, jacoby ellsbury, jon lester, clay buchholz, and papelbon in a few years....is it even a debate???

let mr. ice cold october go play in the AAAA. oh sorry I mean the national league. does anyone else think the paw sox would've swept the rockies as well? I do...
I don\'t look at myself in the mirror because I\'m a narcissist, I simply like to watch myself exist...

Offline dniceo7

• View Profile
BOSOX
« Reply #19 on: November 01, 2007, 05:29:40 PM »
sorry, make that $33 mil + a year for a-fraud, not $23 mil.
I don\'t look at myself in the mirror because I\'m a narcissist, I simply like to watch myself exist...

Offline 3xsaSeedling

• View Profile
BOSOX
« Reply #20 on: November 01, 2007, 08:03:06 PM »
Quote from: ""Guest""

Absolutely!!!  

...but that's not the issue now, is it? ::seg::
And I forgot to add Andy and Roger to that Dodger bench in the spring  ::seg::
Wait...I found \'IT\'!!    
oh joy

"Fresh baked daily!"

Offline 3xsaSeedling

• View Profile
350,000,000 ROFFLMFAO
« Reply #21 on: November 03, 2007, 06:54:08 PM »
Y'all think I've lost my mind?!!  
Boras:  gimme a break:  $350,000,000,???,!!!  
 ::roflmao::  ::roflmao::  ::roflmao::  ::roflmao::  ::roflmao::  ::roflmao::  ::roflmao::  ::roflmao::  ::roflmao::  ::roflmao::

What did Antigen say somewhere...?

::roflmao::  ::roflmao::  ::roflmao::  ::roflmao::  ::roflmao::  ::roflmao::  ::roflmao::  ::roflmao::  ::roflmao::  ::roflmao::

Okay.  I do get it.  It's all about the math and Boras is a genius, kinda.  I just think w/all those smarts between the two of them, here's a NEW thought:  just because you can, doesn't mean you should.
So we know somebody's gonna pay them, right?  Here's another one:  when is enough?  
I try not to think about this kind of stuff.  (My life will not change one bit over it) I still have to clean the bathroom, do laundry, cook dinner for 'the guys' (speaking of which), and I get a little 'bent out of shape' about crap like this. :flame:
On the lighter side...$350,000,000?? :exclaim::exclaim::exclaim::exclaim:
Wait...I found \'IT\'!!    
oh joy

"Fresh baked daily!"

Offline dniceo7

• View Profile
BOSOX
« Reply #22 on: November 04, 2007, 10:59:23 PM »
just goes to show why I love football so much. it's not so much about football itself (though the pats make it hard not to be from boston and love football), but more because baseball's offseason just makes me sick and boras is at the heart of it. it's refreshing to see guys going out and putting it all on the line for non-guaranteed contracts every weekend.

that being said, I haven't been paying attention to the a-fraud signing fiasco at all,but.... $350,000,000?!?!?!? this guy is single-handedly going to bring a salary cap to baseball...

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
BOSOX
« Reply #23 on: November 04, 2007, 11:15:35 PM »
did you set your clock back?

I can't talk football either (Giants fan in a Cowboy house,   :o  sshhhhh).
Plus, 'you guys' cheated!  Crap like that makes me loose interest and get angry/frustrated, so I just don't bother.
If I want more of those experiences I'll repaint my house, again   ::seg::

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
BOSOX
« Reply #24 on: November 04, 2007, 11:18:48 PM »
Quote from: ""3xs""
Nevermind:  it's Fornits, not us...

Plus, 'you guys' cheated!  Crap like that makes me loose interest and get angry/frustrated, so I just don't bother.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
BOSOX
« Reply #25 on: November 05, 2007, 12:51:42 PM »

We cheated just like the Colts cheated last night, and just like every other team in the NFL, MLB, etc. that cheats.

Offline 3xsaSeedling

• View Profile
GOOD choices:
« Reply #26 on: November 05, 2007, 02:13:07 PM »
pphhhttt!

Hello:  just because one can, doesn't mean one should!!!
« Last Edit: November 05, 2007, 02:20:52 PM by Guest »
Wait...I found \'IT\'!!    
oh joy

"Fresh baked daily!"

Offline dniceo7

• View Profile
BOSOX
« Reply #27 on: November 05, 2007, 02:15:39 PM »

wow, that's awfully blatant. first off, I didn't do shit. I hate when people walk up to me and tell me I cheated, as if somehow I've been taking snaps for the patriots on sundays and then repressing the memory by tuesday morning. second, there was nothing illegitimate about that win yesterday. taping signals or not, the 2007-08 patriots are without question the best football team to take the the field in a long time. and you are INSANE if you think the pats were the only team taping signals. that'd be like saying barry bonds is the only guy in baseball who took roids (and taking roids isn't even on the same level as taping signals). no, most of, if not almost all of the other teams were doing it too. it's not like the pats invented the video camera. it's just that eric mangini and the jets have been looking to stick it to belichik for years and they finally caught something and ran with the chance. once that news broke, all the other teams probably stopped taping signals for fear of being outed too.

pats' 2007-08 record when taping signals: 1-0
pats' 2007-08 record when not taping signals: 8-0

I'm sure you'll find a way to say the sox cheated too. francona clearly had to videotape torrealba's signs at the plate in order to win that series, right? that's the only way boston teams win, right?

Offline dniceo7

• View Profile
BOSOX
« Reply #28 on: November 05, 2007, 02:22:03 PM »
that got me thinking. no one ever makes a big deal when baseball teams get caught left and right with video apparatus in their home stadiums used exclusively for videotaping and stealing opposing catchers' signs. football teams steal defensive signals all the time from the booth, but no one says shit. it's only when a team like the pats or the colts gets caught doing it that people say things...

Offline 3xsaSeedling

• View Profile
BOSOX
« Reply #29 on: November 05, 2007, 02:33:29 PM »
I know what u mean (you Yankees really suck!!)  Like I opted to pay ARod all that money to begin with, right?! :rofl:  

Do you think I'm referring to 'you' personally?  Not at all.
Do you think all ARods actions this season were okay w/me?  Not at all.  
Do you think I'm picking on Tony?  Not at all.

All I meant was cheating is cheating-no matter who's doing it!  
And just 'cause everybody's doing it, doesn't excuse it in any way.
And what I think makes no difference ('cept to me).  It's just that that kind of crap makes me lose interest.

And the national sports figures can cheat and 'roid and whatever else they want:  I still have to vacuum and wash the windows, ya know?
It offends me because they're ruining my entertainment  with all this crap !!! :flame:
Wait...I found \'IT\'!!    
oh joy

"Fresh baked daily!"