Author Topic: Youth Care Behavior Modification  (Read 3904 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Youth Care Behavior Modification
« Reply #30 on: November 05, 2007, 02:24:48 AM »
ugh, its so obviously abusive...i dont know how anyone would want to do this to a kid...its also obviously not "treatment", but about making jr. more compliant....puke
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
hate tough love
« Reply #31 on: November 15, 2007, 02:03:44 AM »
They limit access to the parents so they can brainwash you and brainwash the parents. They tell the parents that your nothing but a manipulator and not to believe anything you tell them.   Then they tell you that your parents will not believe anything you say, and if you say anything bad about the program in front of them than you lose your priviledge of seeing them.  Youth are taught that they will not be believed, and that their feelings aren't real.  So if the program ends up doing something abusive than it's a lot easier to cover up or gloss over because the teen is just 'lying' so they can get out of the program. These programs are really fucked up.  I was in one that had a 'straight like' format.  What they do is 'tear you down so they can build you back up again.'  They make you paranoid.  They make you lie.  You lie and act fake, and have to have all the 'right' and 'normal' feelings at the right time so you can move up in  steps.  You can't always be happy because than you're accused of being fake.  But if your sad all the time than your not dealing with your issues.  So you have to learn how to alternate the happy and sad times and come across as a well adjusted normal teen(amid being in a fucked up program and living in psychological terror)  I learned the hard way.  I had my steps taken because I didn't talk enough to the other kids (I'm more of a quiet person anyway)  So they accused me of being isolative and not dealing with anything, so there went my hard earned steps just because I didn't 'talk' enough.  I finally got out, but I learned how to play their game.  It's fucked up.  These programs are devoid of love.  It's all about confrontation and 'positive peer pressure' and brainwashing.  You can't express feelings of sadness, loneliness, fear, or anger; because all that is viewed as either a manipulation or not going deep enough.  I had to sit in a corner once for 3 days and was put on a peanut butter diet (water, bread, and peanut butter) because I was 'non-compliant'.  The girls at the host home took different shifts at night to make sure I stayed in the corner sitting up.  If I laid down the lights went on and the confrontation and yelling started.  I saw a lot worse than that happen to other kids, but they told us we could call lawyers or the police but no one would believe us.  We had to clean the walls and floors with toothbrushes.  We had to constantly be doing something 'productive' or get yelled at by the 'higher steppers'. If you were a higher stepper and weren't hard enough on the 'lower steppers', than you got your steps taken.

These programs are horrifying and need to be shut down.  They really cause a lot of psychological damage.  When I went in when I was 14.  I had experimented with a few drugs like pot and alcohol, you know.  I was a rebellious teen but I wasn't an addict.  Well they told me over and over again that I was an addict, that I needed to 'get honest'.  If I didn't admit to my being an addict then they wouldn't let me move up in steps.  Well, when I finally made it out of the hellhole (a year and a half later) that's when my drug addiction really started.  I drowned myself in drugs- heavy drugs and didn't understand why until later.  It was a desperate attempt to drowned my pain, and to live up to and prove my status as a 'drug addict' I suppose.  I don't use drugs anymore now, but I did after I got out.  These programs do not help kids, they make the problem worse.

What these kids need is love.  Teenagers are confused about a lot of things, but they still have feelings.  Their almost like 2 year olds all over again- defiant and rebellious, but yet still so tender inside and easily hurt all the while putting forth a tough exterior.  Why the hell would you put your kid in a program like these tough 'love' programs and believe that they are helping them?  I just don't understand.  I have four kids and not matter how bad or defiant they are, I would NEVER NEVER put them in this type of program or any type and pawn them off for someone else to deal with.  Kids need love- bottom line.  Sorry for the long post, but gosh it feels so good to get this off my chest, I haven't talked about it in 15 years.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 17, 2007, 03:36:38 AM »
I enjoyed reading your post.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 17, 2007, 09:35:33 AM »
Quote from: ""Guest""
I enjoyed reading your post.

That's nice.  Wish I could say the same for all 14 plus of your one-liner posts, asshole.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 17, 2007, 12:13:16 PM »
"I enjoyed reading your post" implies that you're a sadistic fuck who gets off on this shit.

If you want to compliment someone on Fornits, use phrases like "Your well-written post disturbed the fuck out of me", "I was uniquely horrified by your detailed telling of events", and "That was very astute; have you sent it to the GAO?"

All three of those apply here, especially the last one.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Re: hate tough love
« Reply #35 on: November 17, 2007, 03:21:51 PM »
Quote from: ""tough love no more""
They limit access to the parents so they can brainwash you and brainwash the parents. They tell the parents that your nothing but a manipulator and not to believe anything you tell them.   Then they tell you that your parents will not believe anything you say, and if you say anything bad about the program in front of them than you lose your priviledge of seeing them.  Youth are taught that they will not be believed, and that their feelings aren't real.  So if the program ends up doing something abusive than it's a lot easier to cover up or gloss over because the teen is just 'lying' so they can get out of the program. These programs are really fucked up.  I was in one that had a 'straight like' format.  What they do is 'tear you down so they can build you back up again.'  They make you paranoid.  They make you lie.  You lie and act fake, and have to have all the 'right' and 'normal' feelings at the right time so you can move up in  steps.  You can't always be happy because than you're accused of being fake.  But if your sad all the time than your not dealing with your issues.  So you have to learn how to alternate the happy and sad times and come across as a well adjusted normal teen(amid being in a fucked up program and living in psychological terror)  I learned the hard way.  I had my steps taken because I didn't talk enough to the other kids (I'm more of a quiet person anyway)  So they accused me of being isolative and not dealing with anything, so there went my hard earned steps just because I didn't 'talk' enough.  I finally got out, but I learned how to play their game.  It's fucked up.  These programs are devoid of love.  It's all about confrontation and 'positive peer pressure' and brainwashing.  You can't express feelings of sadness, loneliness, fear, or anger; because all that is viewed as either a manipulation or not going deep enough.  I had to sit in a corner once for 3 days and was put on a peanut butter diet (water, bread, and peanut butter) because I was 'non-compliant'.  The girls at the host home took different shifts at night to make sure I stayed in the corner sitting up.  If I laid down the lights went on and the confrontation and yelling started.  I saw a lot worse than that happen to other kids, but they told us we could call lawyers or the police but no one would believe us.  We had to clean the walls and floors with toothbrushes.  We had to constantly be doing something 'productive' or get yelled at by the 'higher steppers'. If you were a higher stepper and weren't hard enough on the 'lower steppers', than you got your steps taken.

These programs are horrifying and need to be shut down.  They really cause a lot of psychological damage.  When I went in when I was 14.  I had experimented with a few drugs like pot and alcohol, you know.  I was a rebellious teen but I wasn't an addict.  Well they told me over and over again that I was an addict, that I needed to 'get honest'.  If I didn't admit to my being an addict then they wouldn't let me move up in steps.  Well, when I finally made it out of the hellhole (a year and a half later) that's when my drug addiction really started.  I drowned myself in drugs- heavy drugs and didn't understand why until later.  It was a desperate attempt to drowned my pain, and to live up to and prove my status as a 'drug addict' I suppose.  I don't use drugs anymore now, but I did after I got out.  These programs do not help kids, they make the problem worse.

What these kids need is love.  Teenagers are confused about a lot of things, but they still have feelings.  Their almost like 2 year olds all over again- defiant and rebellious, but yet still so tender inside and easily hurt all the while putting forth a tough exterior.  Why the hell would you put your kid in a program like these tough 'love' programs and believe that they are helping them?  I just don't understand.  I have four kids and not matter how bad or defiant they are, I would NEVER NEVER put them in this type of program or any type and pawn them off for someone else to deal with.  Kids need love- bottom line.  Sorry for the long post, but gosh it feels so good to get this off my chest, I haven't talked about it in 15 years.

Are you talking about Youth Care's program here, or some other one?

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 17, 2007, 04:54:05 PM »
I not only enjoyed the post, I am masturbating to it right now. Fap, fap, fap.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 21, 2007, 10:44:35 AM »
It was a program based on the Newton Miller model, I think KIDS or kids helping kids... anyway it was in Utah and shut down about 10 or so years ago due to abuse allegations.  For awhile I didn't know what the fuck it was I just got out and tried to forget about it but recently my curiousity was aroused when googling the programs name Straight Inc. came up, so I read survivors posts about this program and it sounded so similar to my own experience.  The program was essentially the same with a few program 'Jargon' changes.  Anyway the program was called proctor advocate and they had a division in Las Vegas too, the founder was Layne Meacom.  I'm sure alot of these boot camp programs are still around and they need to be shut down.  I wish I knew how I could help.  Any ideas?

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 21, 2007, 07:13:50 PM »
The reason they don't let kids see their parents until they are further along in the program, is that by that point they are fairly certain that the child is mentally damaged enough that they are unable to advocate for themselves, and it is safe for them to have unmonitered accesss to the parent.

Similarly, a woman "carol smith" (not real name) was abducted by a couple, edmund kemper and his wife, brainwashed through isolation, painful consequences, isolation, and constant labor. After they "trusted" her she was allowed to go out to the streets to beg, she even got a job, but would always return. She beleived that she was a "slave" and that this couple was her master and that if she tried to escape she would die.

Same thing

child torturer, who what is your connection to bain capital

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 21, 2007, 07:47:41 PM »
Although what you've said is almost exactly correct, you have your criminals confused. "Carol Smith" had nothing to do with the serial killer Edmund Kemper. Google.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 21, 2007, 07:54:50 PM »
Quote from: ""Guest""
Although what you've said is almost exactly correct, you have your criminals confused. "Carol Smith" had nothing to do with the serial killer Edmund Kemper. Google.

yes, youre right. his name is actually Cameron Hooker

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 21, 2007, 11:47:07 PM »
I'm right behind ya.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Re: Youth Care Behavior Modification
« Reply #42 on: April 24, 2009, 06:57:09 PM »
bump

Offline TheWho

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 24, 2009, 07:29:51 PM »
Quote from: "Guest"
The reason they don't let kids see their parents until they are further along in the program, is that by that point they are fairly certain that the child is mentally damaged enough that they are unable to advocate for themselves, and it is safe for them to have unmonitered accesss to the parent.

From a kids perspective I understand that it may seem that way.  But these kids are insulated against any outside influences for a period of time necessary to get them stable.  In many cases the family dynamics may be what is unhealthy for the child and until that is addressed then it doesn’t make sense to reintroduce the child back into a toxic environment without at least preparing him/her with some basic tools to cope with the situation.  It could do more harm than good.

Offline forgotmypassword

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 24, 2009, 07:45:40 PM »

From a kids perspective I understand that it may seem that way.  But these kids are insulated against any outside influences for a period of time necessary to get them stable.  In many cases the family dynamics may be what is unhealthy for the child and until that is addressed then it doesn’t make sense to reintroduce the child back into a toxic environment without at least preparing him/her with some basic tools to cope with the situation.  It could do more harm than good.

From a cultic sadist's perspective I understand that you throw that bullshit as a way of hiding what is obvious. No one's catching