Author Topic: Oprah's Africa School: Abuse Charges filed  (Read 1305 times)

Offline hanzomon4

• View Profile
Oprah's Africa School: Abuse Charges filed
« on: October 25, 2007, 07:51:48 AM »
Faculty member at Oprah's school charged with sexual assault

LONDON (NBC) - There are allegations of abuse at the African school built by Oprah Winfrey. A member of the faculty is being charged with physical assault of one student and sexual assault of another student.

Oprah Winfrey has spent tens of millions of dollars to open up a leadership academy for girls outside of Johannesburg in January. But since then, she's taken some hits for it, taken some criticism for it - criticism from parents who say the school may be too strict, alleging that they didn't get access to their children as they wanted to.

But this allegation is the most serious by far.

According to reports in South Africa, it involves a girl who had run away from the school recently. She made claims against one of the dorm mothers, saying things like this woman had been abusing the girls physically and verbally - that she was using profanity and most seriously, that she had sexually abused at least one of the children there.

Oprah Winfrey flew down over the weekend to meet with people associated with the school and she did release a statement saying "nothing is more devastating to me than an allegation of misconduct by an adult against any girl at the academy."

The school also said that this woman had been removed from the environment and that they are offering counseling to the other children there at the school.

Posted by Chantelle Janelle

Oprah has promoted the LGAT Challenge Day Program, Straight inc in the 80s, has sent at least on person on her show to a program, and of course spawned Dr.High Horse
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
i]Do something real, however, small. And don\'t-- don\'t diss the political things, but understand their limitations - Grace Lee Boggs[/i]
I do see the present and the future of our children as very dark. But I trust the people\'s capacity for reflection, rage, and rebellion - Oscar Olivera

Howto]

Offline Deborah

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2007, 08:03:43 AM »
It's just a matter of time when you sever contact between parent and child.
More on the program... err 'school'
http://wwf.fornits.com/viewtopic.php?p=250807#250807
gt;>>>>>>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<<<<<
Hidden Lake Academy, after operating 12 years unlicensed will now be monitored by the state. Access information on the Federal Class Action lawsuit against HLA here: http://www.fornits.com/wwf/viewtopic.php?t=17700

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2007, 06:29:51 PM »
would you expect anything different from oprah? just because she sounds like an understanding housewife doesnt mean she's not a media/drugwar cronie. The woman is pure evil, and she's the human manifestation of republican propaganda aimed at the liberal female demographic. she's just like the 10'clock news, exept for housewives who care more about their household than world news. all she does is scare, scare, scare, and cause problems in households by CREATING the fucking problems. It's the same principle of parents sending their kids to programs for just smokin a little pot. the media (with the help of oprah and other rightwing numbnuts...or numbtits) just scares parents into thinking a, b, c, and d are huge problems, which must be eliminated, when in reality none of these things are truly issues. Essentially, she makes little things into big deals and then fucks up peoples lives when they listen to her.

and about that school, it was just a publicity stunt to reach out to an international audience. period. she doesnt give a flying fuck about some little girl's allegations as long as her viewership keeps going up. thats the reality of the TV bussiness - i know it intimately.