Author Topic: Fantasy Fest  (Read 10313 times)

Offline Anne Bonney

• View Profile
Fantasy Fest
« on: October 23, 2007, 02:20:13 PM »
I'm getting ready.  Wheelsup 6:00 am Wed.  Anyone else going?
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
traight, St. Pete, early 80s
AA is a cult http://www.orange-papers.org/orange-cult.html

The more boring a child is, the more the parents, when showing off the child, receive adulation for being good parents-- because they have a tame child-creature in their house.  ~~  Frank Zappa

Offline hanzomon4

• View Profile
Fantasy Fest
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2007, 02:26:48 PM »
I was just thinking about this yesterday. Do take pictures for those of us that won't be going.
i]Do something real, however, small. And don\'t-- don\'t diss the political things, but understand their limitations - Grace Lee Boggs[/i]
I do see the present and the future of our children as very dark. But I trust the people\'s capacity for reflection, rage, and rebellion - Oscar Olivera

Howto]

Offline Anne Bonney

• View Profile
Fantasy Fest
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2007, 02:37:04 PM »
Quote from: ""hanzomon4""
I was just thinking about this yesterday. Do take pictures for those of us that won't be going.

Yep.  I'll post some while I'm there.  I'll be sure to get lots of the 'painted ladies' for you guys.

::seg::

The more boring a child is, the more the parents, when showing off the child, receive adulation for being good parents-- because they have a tame child-creature in their house.  ~~  Frank Zappa

Offline try another castle

• Registered Users
    • View Profile
Fantasy Fest
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2007, 10:17:11 PM »
Hey, how did your costume work out?

Offline Anne Bonney

• View Profile
Fantasy Fest
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2007, 01:22:45 PM »
Quote from: ""try another castle""
Hey, how did your costume work out?

Great!  I've got two.  For one, my friend and I are going as "eat me, drink me" twins.  Thanks for the suggestion!  The other is a Mad Hatter's costume.  

On my way to the airport to pick up a friend.  Then we're going to the Somewhere Under The Rainbow Ball tonight.

::seg::

Offline Anne Bonney

• View Profile
Fantasy Fest
« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2007, 07:59:28 PM »
Its friggin POURING!!!   Some of the streets are closed and the Under the Rainbow Ball just got cancelled.  All but 2 boats are in  ( this is a the first fo an annual race from St. Pete to Key West benefitting the Leukemia Society) and were' expecting one tonight and one about midday tomorrow.  Those guys are true sailors.  I can't even imagine being out in that, let alone on a sailboat.   One guy is in a 63' Irwin.....by himself!!!!.  He's the one that's due in shortly.  

Holy Crap!
 :o

Offline Anne Bonney

• View Profile
Fantasy Fest
« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2007, 03:24:20 PM »
Had a great time.  Fantasy Fest was even better than Mardi Gras and the year I went to that they were having Superbowl there the same week.  I've never seen so many nekkid wimmens in my life.  My husband is nursing a sore neck from whipping his head around, not wanting to miss any boobs.  I swear there's no place like it.  What a blast.

Offline hanzomon4

• View Profile
Fantasy Fest
« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2007, 07:52:16 PM »
Please more pics Anne!!! Boy, I hope I learn how to do body paint in art school... LOL

Glad you had fun!!
i]Do something real, however, small. And don\'t-- don\'t diss the political things, but understand their limitations - Grace Lee Boggs[/i]
I do see the present and the future of our children as very dark. But I trust the people\'s capacity for reflection, rage, and rebellion - Oscar Olivera

Howto]

Offline Anne Bonney

• View Profile
Fantasy Fest
« Reply #8 on: October 31, 2007, 11:34:09 AM »

Offline Anne Bonney

• View Profile
Fantasy Fest
« Reply #9 on: October 31, 2007, 11:41:49 AM »

Offline try another castle

• Registered Users
    • View Profile
Fantasy Fest
« Reply #10 on: October 31, 2007, 09:57:27 PM »
Wait a minnit. Where's your costume? I wanna see how it turned out.

Offline Anne Bonney

• View Profile
Fantasy Fest
« Reply #11 on: November 01, 2007, 10:10:13 AM »
They haven't all come in to me yet.  Most of the pics were taken by someone else that went with us so I'm waiting for him to send them.  I did get painted so I'll have to decide after I see them if I'll post them.  I'll send them to you though.   The Eat Me Drink Me twins went over great at the parties.  Then Friday and Saturday afternoon I put on the Mad Hatter costume.  Friday's painting was more abstract, Saturday's looked like a bikini top or bra that matched my costume.  It was great.  There were women from 18 to 80 that got painted.   It was really cool to be able to walk around like that.  We all felt like rock stars for a few hours.  Paparazzi everywhere (well, not really.  Just a bunch of tourists with cameras, but still...::seg:: ) It was also really cool to be able to pretty much walk around blazing.   Once I had a cop see me.  He frowned at me and motioned for me to put it out.  When I did, he smiled and waved.  I'm going every Halloween I can.

Offline 3xsaSeedling

• View Profile
Fantasy Fest
« Reply #12 on: November 01, 2007, 12:36:26 PM »
you could post some of yours and just not tell that it's you, ya know.

Welcome home-glad you're back safely.
Of all the things I\'ve ever lost, I miss my mind the most.
Wait...I found \'IT\'!!    
oh joy

"Fresh baked daily!"

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Fantasy Fest
« Reply #13 on: November 05, 2007, 03:23:09 PM »
Quote from: ""Anne Bonney""
They haven't all come in to me yet.  Most of the pics were taken by someone else that went with us so I'm waiting for him to send them.  I did get painted so I'll have to decide after I see them if I'll post them.  I'll send them to you though.   The Eat Me Drink Me twins went over great at the parties.  Then Friday and Saturday afternoon I put on the Mad Hatter costume.  Friday's painting was more abstract, Saturday's looked like a bikini top or bra that matched my costume.  It was great.  There were women from 18 to 80 that got painted.   It was really cool to be able to walk around like that.  We all felt like rock stars for a few hours.  Paparazzi everywhere (well, not really.  Just a bunch of tourists with cameras, but still...::seg:: ) It was also really cool to be able to pretty much walk around blazing.   Once I had a cop see me.  He frowned at me and motioned for me to put it out.  When I did, he smiled and waved.  I'm going every Halloween I can.

where the fuck is your costume?

Offline 3xsaSeedling

• View Profile
Suspense!!
« Reply #14 on: November 05, 2007, 04:18:42 PM »
"...where the fuck is your costume?"
  bump[/color]
 Am I way off base w/ideas herebelow?  
 ::bandit::  :question:
::madclown::  :question:  
 ::haloslips:: :question:

Wait... how'd 'the twins' like the party?  You said they were a hit?!
Of all the things I\'ve ever lost, I miss my mind the most.
Wait...I found \'IT\'!!    
oh joy

"Fresh baked daily!"