Author Topic: Profeeet Vs Workshop  (Read 1846 times)

Offline Oz girl

• View Profile
Profeeet Vs Workshop
« on: February 01, 2007, 12:26:33 AM »
can anyone describe to me the difference between a profeet and a workshop at CEDU?
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
n case you\'re worried about what\'s going to become of the younger generation, it\'s going to grow up and start worrying about the younger generation.-Roger Allen

Offline try another castle

• Registered Users
    • View Profile
Profeeet Vs Workshop
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2007, 12:58:15 AM »
I think it depends on when you were there. I believe, eventually, in later years, they all ended up being called workshops, but when I was there, there was a differentiation in terms.

A propheet was an overnight experience. Roughly 24 hours. There were seven of them, and you went through them in different families (read: phases). After you completed the propheets, you went through two workshops. One which was three days long, the other six.

Voyageurs was the first family, (3+ months) and the accompanying propheet was the Truth.

Discovery was the second, (3+ months) and it's propheet was the Childrens'.

Quest was the third, (6+ months) and it had two propheets. First the Brothers Keeper, and second the Dreams.

Challenge was the fourth, (6+ months) and it also had two propheets. First the I Want To Live, and second the Values.

New Horizons was the fifth, (I think it was maybe 4-5 months) and it had the Imagine propheet. This was the last propheet you go through.

Then, also in  NH, you go through your first workshop several months after your Imagine... the I & Me. That was three days long.

Summit is the last family (also, I think, around 4-5 months) This is when  you go through the Summit workshop, which is 6 days long. The Summit is essentially Lifespring. Mel bought the copyright. The only difference is he added a day of his own crap.

The other difference between a propheet and a workshop, besides the length of time you are in the experience, and at what point during your internment you go through them, is that propheets were named so because a passage from Khalil Ghibran's "The Prophet" is read in each propheet. We were told that the point was to take the words of the prophet and put "feet" on them, i.e. act upon them, hence the name "propheet". :roll:  The workshops, however, do not reference the Prophet.

Offline xxhollywoodxx

• View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/hollywoodepiphany
Profeeet Vs Workshop
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2007, 07:16:14 PM »
At CEDU High School:

Discovery (3-6+mos)
Truth
Children's

Quest (7-12+mos)
Brother's
-Brother's Wilderness
Dreams
I Want to Live
-Wilderness Challenge

Challenge (12-24mos)
Values
-Values Challenge
Imagine
I&ME
Summit

And if you ever made it to Pinnacle (1week-3mos)
I&ME
Summit

You could "graduate" at Challenge...but Pinnacle hooked you up
I think everyone in my Peer Group (QR, graduates of June 2004) made it to Pinnacle...I don't remember cuz it's not important.
quot;All this time is wasted pretending we\'re in love but that\'s alright because I love being with you and seeing you cry.\" - The Medic Droid \"Fer Ser\"

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Profeeet Vs Workshop
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2007, 05:15:00 PM »
the bump