Author Topic: "Concerned Mom" Anit-Wwasp Website Sends Son To 3r  (Read 1918 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
"Concerned Mom" Anit-Wwasp Website Sends Son To 3r
« on: October 18, 2007, 01:47:26 PM »
My son was at TB from March through July 2007. After getting messages of abuse from him (using codes in his letters), and then TB not allowing me to speak to my son for 4 mos., including his 16th birthday, I decided that was enough! Yes, TB moved all students, except zero tolerance kids, to the Gulf Coast Academy on June 30, 2007. (I have heard that there are troubles at GCA too). TB was about to loose their lease. Now the lease has been renegotiated, and TB has been taking in new students again. When I showed up unannounced on a Sunday at 5:00 pm, I told them to give my son to me immediately. After calls to Ms. Ebanks and some nervousness on their part, they brought my son to me. He was smiling ear to ear!! He was wearing filthy clothes. My son told me that in July TB admitted 12 gang members from the jail in Spanishtown (Jamaica) to TB for rehabilitation! My son was WAY out of his league with these gang members, and even got into a fight with one of them. This was verified by a former counselor from TB, and I quote, "I'm SO glad that you are getting your son out of there. He doesn't belong there. He has been through SO MUCH. I am so glad that you have found a GOOD school for him. He will do much better there". Also, a TB employee confirmed to me that there was a family father that didn't like my son and was physically abusive to him. The TB employees don't speak up because they are afraid of losing their jobs. I can understand this when you visit Jamaica and witness the poverty there. My son told me of physical abuses that were uncalled for at TB. One time he had to lay face down for 3 days because he had written to us about abuse at TB that employees wanted kept confidential. My son spoke of eating "mystery meat" and cold hot dogs for breakfast. He showered every day in cold water. There is no hot water for the kids. This is a far cry from what you read in the brochures or on the internet. They never go on "field trips", or help the poor, or even touch a toe into the ocean. You cannot help these teens by breaking down their self-esteem and abusing them. They need the exact opposite, and I found a wonderful school in Indiana that does just that! My son has made more progress in 2 months in Indiana than he did in 2 WWASPS schools in 7 months (he was at Darrington Academy prior to going to TB). My son is now truly turning around, and we are going to visit him in 3 weeks. After one month in his current school, he is allowed 3 calls from home per month. You have to stop and wonder why TB would not allow any calls from home for months at a time. What are they trying to stop students from telling their parents? Reuniting families is of utmost importance, and not allowing phone calls does not promote unity. Parents- please DO NOT put your children in TB. Look into New Creations Boarding School in Richmond, Indiana. It is a wonderful school with a rich 38 year history, and the children are shown lots and lots of LOVE. They flourish there.

Do these parents ever bring their kids home and try parenting their own children?  WTF?
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
They should read more referrals sites
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2007, 02:32:51 PM »
Here is one, this mom could have used her time on:

http://www.parent-help-info.tk

Look under "Child already placed" -> "Manipulation"
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »