Author Topic: Getting a hand on records...  (Read 1785 times)

Offline SettleForNothingLess

• View Profile
Getting a hand on records...
« on: October 17, 2007, 09:44:53 PM »
Im gettin my records from the facilities I was in... Anyone else done that or is in the process?
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
Yours Truly,
Ms. Vigilante
Im standing on the frontline, there waiting for you PV bitches. Lets rock n roll.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2007, 11:14:54 PM »
I didn't realize you could? How long do they have to hold them for?

Offline SettleForNothingLess

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2007, 11:16:45 PM »
Well, I sent out for the reuqest thru my attorney, they sent me the release forms, and I had to send them a check for the records... some places dont charge...
Yours Truly,
Ms. Vigilante
Im standing on the frontline, there waiting for you PV bitches. Lets rock n roll.

Offline psy

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://homepage.mac.com/psyborgue/
Re: Getting a hand on records...
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2007, 08:34:13 AM »
Quote from: ""SettleForNothingLess""
Im gettin my records from the facilities I was in... Anyone else done that or is in the process?

LOL.. Yeah.  Good luck.

In Cali, they're supposed to keep records for a minimum of five years.  Under federal HIPAA laws you're entitled to em, but usually they don't care.  Last november I requested my records from Benchmark, they refused.  When i called back earlier this summer (before fall, the deadline of the 5 years) I asked again, they told me they already sent em...  Anyway.  Long story short: it ended up taking a lawyer friend of mine leaving a somewhat "direct" message on their machine for them to comply.  I would recommend you do that first and make sure to mention HIPAA

Read up and educate yourself too on what you're entitled to ( http://www.hhs.gov/ocr/hipaa/ ), but don't forget to ask for just a little bit more than that to see what you can get.
Benchmark Young Adult School - bad place [archive.org link]
Sue Scheff Truth - Blog on Sue Scheff
"Our services are free; we do not make a profit. Parents of troubled teens ourselves, PURE strives to create a safe haven of truth and reality." - Sue Scheff - August 13th, 2007 (fukkin surreal)

Offline psy

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://homepage.mac.com/psyborgue/
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2007, 08:44:50 AM »
Quote from: ""SettleForNothingLess""
Well, I sent out for the reuqest thru my attorney, they sent me the release forms, and I had to send them a check for the records... some places dont charge...

I tried release forms.  Didn't work.  Lawyer had to leave a love letter on the answering machine.  After the message my lawyer friend left on Benchmark's machine they sent them to me first class overseas (at their expense).  Here's the letter I sent:
WOW.  A lawyer leaving just one message on the machine sure got a response!  I rarely get a response from you guys at all... much less this promptly.  I all seriousness, I am somewhat tired of playing this little charade with my records.  I've asked for them many times politely...  Now I am going to be very very direct.  Joelle recorded herself on my voicemail admitting she received my request for the records back in November.  Recognize this? (sent from [email protected] on 11/5/06)

Hi, this is Michael Crawford

I was at Benchmark from 2001-2002.  I am writing to request copies of all of my student records compiled during my stay there.  I also request copies of any and all contracts that I might have signed while there.  It is my understanding that these are kept on file for a minimum of five years so it should not be a problem.

You may mail them to the following address:

[redacted]

Alternatively, you may scan and e-mail them to me.

Thank you in advance,
Michael Crawford

I sent that last November. That email was exceptionally polite given the circumstances.  Now Joelle is trying to tell me that she already sent out my records?  Well.  I never received anything.  I hope for your sakes you had copies of those records (you allegedly sent out) since my sweet attorney friend (who just loves programs, btw) has informed me that were these records somehow lost, it would likely be tantamount to destruction of evidence under the circumstances (especially considering you knew from previous experience how litigious I can be when DENIED MY RIGHTS, and would likely be requesting such documents for the purpose of taking legal action).  What you are shut down for... I really do not care.  One flavor of fraud is as good as another... Whatever floats your boat.. i'll sink it.

Now that I have your attention and you know I am not messing around, you would be wise to get down on your knees and pray that you still have those records.  Given HIPAA, California student record laws, the fact I requested these documents back in November (acknowledged in a recorded message by Joelle), a myriad of factors you aren't aware of, and the urgency of which these documents are needed, you would be wise to comply lest you be "consequenced" up the "yin yang" (as Joelle would say) by a large number of very pissed off authorities and lawyers with a particular, very personal distaste for programs (and that isn't even to mention the hell the Fornits crowd can raise when provoked...  Do I really need to elaborate on what exactly would happen if the voice mail message Joelle recorded was posted on fornits?).  You will send me every contract I signed, every proposal, every dirt list, every writing assignment, every rap sheet, every email, every fax, EVERYTHING.  (these are part of your emtional growth curriculum, are they not?  You claim to be a school... so comply with the law and do NOT quibble with me over whether you are required to turn it over).    You will have Every single sheet of paper or electronic communications pertaining to me sent to the following address via certified mail (so I know you actually sent the things this time):

[redacted]

I AM in a position to make demands.  By law you were supposed to have done this a long long time ago.  This is non negotiable.  You WILL comply with the law or face very real "consequences".  I swear that to you.  If those records are "lost" you had best start searching...  quickly.

Cheers and good night,
Mike

Now keep in mind that was like the 10th letter I sent to the assholes, so if it was a little rude, I guarantee they earned it.
Benchmark Young Adult School - bad place [archive.org link]
Sue Scheff Truth - Blog on Sue Scheff
"Our services are free; we do not make a profit. Parents of troubled teens ourselves, PURE strives to create a safe haven of truth and reality." - Sue Scheff - August 13th, 2007 (fukkin surreal)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
yw
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2007, 08:48:53 AM »
that's sweet, dude.

Offline ZenAgent

• View Profile
    • http://www.freepowerboards.com/strugglingppl/index.php
« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2007, 10:31:57 AM »
We're going through the same process as Settle, with the very same known abusive facility.  The release forms are tricky, and the records they offer on the checklist are incomplete.  We used the "additional records" line for what wasn't offered.  Like Settle, we have to sit back and wait.  My wife's request for medical information was denied while her daughter was in PV.  Reason given:  She might use the information against PV.  That's some high and mighty, hubris-riddled, arrogant BS.

If Settle and my step daughter get their records, they'll probably look like some FBI Freedom of Information document, redacted and blacklined to hell.  Abigail Vona had full access to treatment notes, she used them in her book.  I read in an interview with her that it was tough to get them.

Certified mail is definitely the best way to communicate with any program, at least you have documentation of receipt.
\"Allah does not love the public utterance of hurtful speech, unless it be by one to whom injustice has been done; and Allah is Hearing, Knowing\" - The Qur\'an

\"I\'m there to handle kids that are psychotic, suicidal, homicidal, or have commited felonies. Oh yeah, I am also there to take them down when they are rowdy so the nurse can give them the booty juice.\"

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2007, 10:07:02 PM »
Can a parent request their minor child's records in Canada? He's 17. Is the program required to forward them to me? What about anything he may have signed while he was there. I'm afraid he may still be there by the time he turns 18. They may have had him sign something in advance.

Offline hanzomon4

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2007, 07:19:13 PM »
Bump
i]Do something real, however, small. And don\'t-- don\'t diss the political things, but understand their limitations - Grace Lee Boggs[/i]
I do see the present and the future of our children as very dark. But I trust the people\'s capacity for reflection, rage, and rebellion - Oscar Olivera

Howto]

Offline hanzomon4

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 25, 2007, 01:41:59 AM »
Bump
i]Do something real, however, small. And don\'t-- don\'t diss the political things, but understand their limitations - Grace Lee Boggs[/i]
I do see the present and the future of our children as very dark. But I trust the people\'s capacity for reflection, rage, and rebellion - Oscar Olivera

Howto]