Author Topic: Charges Filed in Death of Brendan Blum, 15  (Read 6610 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Charges Filed in Death of Brendan Blum, 15
« Reply #15 on: October 14, 2007, 01:17:50 PM »
I'll say.  Wonder how many of these kids are on meds making them act out and get in trouble with the juvenile justice system?  Realistically, I would venture to say many.  It's a vicious cycle.  The kid can't win.  Forced to take drugs that cause serious behavioral problems landing them in juvie or a program.  I have seen many, many cases of this exact scenario.  One case in Texas a child was on some anti-depressant and shot and killed his father.  He was just 10 years old.  Christopher Pittman is another example.  He's doing 30 years for shooting his grandparents while on Paxil and coming off Zoloft.  

When is this insanity going to stop?  These deaths are preventable at many steps along the way, though it's clear no child should die while in the care of "professionals".  The drugging of kids is being excused and that is a HUGE PART OF THE PROBLEM.  

Bottom line is these programs must have all kinds of issues with kids caused by the meds they are taking.  Sounds like a PRESCRIPTION FOR POTENTIAL DISASTER to me.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 14, 2007, 01:37:02 PM »
Please tell me Pitbull Mom is not getting herself into something she may come to regret?  I can understand wanting to spread the word, but CAICA  and Isabelle Zehnder appear to have a history of credibility issues that I don't think PB needs to get herself tangled up in.  Go to the ISAC website and read their watchlist of facilities and referral agents.   CAICA is on their list.  Also, the referral free zone.info is a good resource.

http://www.fornits.com/wwf/viewtopic.ph ... 433#288433

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 14, 2007, 03:01:26 PM »
Quote from: ""Guest""
I'll say.  Wonder how many of these kids are on meds making them act out and get in trouble with the juvenile justice system?  Realistically, I would venture to say many.  It's a vicious cycle.  The kid can't win.  Forced to take drugs that cause serious behavioral problems landing them in juvie or a program.  I have seen many, many cases of this exact scenario.  One case in Texas a child was on some anti-depressant and shot and killed his father.  He was just 10 years old.  Christopher Pittman is another example.  He's doing 30 years for shooting his grandparents while on Paxil and coming off Zoloft.  

When is this insanity going to stop?  These deaths are preventable at many steps along the way, though it's clear no child should die while in the care of "professionals".  The drugging of kids is being excused and that is a HUGE PART OF THE PROBLEM.  

Bottom line is these programs must have all kinds of issues with kids caused by the meds they are taking.  Sounds like a PRESCRIPTION FOR POTENTIAL DISASTER to me.
[/b]

Which is why parents need better family coaching and therapy options.

Offline exhausted

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 14, 2007, 03:26:53 PM »
A child was on Paxil and Zoloft??

Jesus what sort of quackery is it when they are oput on this stuff

It's widely avoided here due to the fact that so many people either commit suicide or murder when on these drugs, especialy Paxil - I really wonder about some doctors, they're more mental than the kids

Offline psy

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://homepage.mac.com/psyborgue/
« Reply #19 on: October 15, 2007, 11:01:44 AM »
I can understand wanting to spread the word, but CAICA  and Isabelle Zehnder appear to have a history of credibility issues that I don't think PB needs to get herself tangled up in.

Yeah.  I totally agree. I don't see where Izzy fits in to this right now, but I agree.  I wouldn't trust her farther than i could throw her (which isn't very far at all considering...)
Benchmark Young Adult School - bad place [archive.org link]
Sue Scheff Truth - Blog on Sue Scheff
"Our services are free; we do not make a profit. Parents of troubled teens ourselves, PURE strives to create a safe haven of truth and reality." - Sue Scheff - August 13th, 2007 (fukkin surreal)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 18, 2007, 10:42:09 AM »
Quote from: ""psy""
I can understand wanting to spread the word, but CAICA  and Isabelle Zehnder appear to have a history of credibility issues that I don't think PB needs to get herself tangled up in.

Yeah.  I totally agree. I don't see where Izzy fits in to this right now, but I agree.  I wouldn't trust her farther than i could throw her (which isn't very far at all considering...)

PB Mom isn't getting tangled up in anything except exposing what happened to her son.

Offline Che Gookin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 18, 2007, 11:49:32 AM »
If PB mom is mucking about with Izzy it would be more "smothered" than "tangled".

doubt it though.. I think Pb Mom learned her lesson about El Lardo grande when the fat twat posted one of PB mom's emails on her web page(caca).

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 19, 2007, 01:09:15 PM »
PB Mom isn't getting tangled up in anything except exposing what happened to her son.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 19, 2007, 01:18:34 PM »

Do always talk about yourself in the 3rd person?

Offline Pitbull Mom

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 19, 2007, 06:45:04 PM »
Do always talk about yourself in the 3rd person?

No, just too busy to log in. what about you, do you always remain anonymous?

I, Pitbull Mom, am not getting tangled up in anything except exposing what happened to my son. If I step on a few toes in the process, or piss anyone off, so be it.
Pitbull Mom

Offline Deborah

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 20, 2007, 11:08:46 AM »
Kristen Hayes
Communications Manager
562-229-2204

October 19, 2007

Youth Care, our staff and our community continue to be greatly saddened by the unfortunate death of one of our students this past June. We again wish to extend our deepest sympathies to the family and friends of this young man.

Following a thorough investigation, the Utah State Department of Human Services has reached a resolution with Youth Care allowing us to continue serving our students and families with the highest level of quality care and service. Charges have been filed with the two former staff members on-duty at the time of the event, however we are confident that a criminal prosecution ultimately will be found to be unjustified and unwarranted.

Youth Care is a fully licensed and accredited residential treatment center. Our board-certified and licensed medical professionals have helped over 1,300 students with mental health and chemical dependency issues over the past 18 years.

Youth Care has adhered to the highest standards of care and currently meets or exceeds all industry and state requirements. We worked closely with local and state officials throughout the investigation, and following a thorough internal review, made proactive enhancements to our already strong policies and procedures. Our outstanding record, without other serious incident over the past two decades, contributed to this resolution, as did our comprehensive training protocols that were shown to have been in place prior to this unfortunate event.

We sincerely appreciate the understanding and compassion that our parents and referral sources have demonstrated during this difficult time. We look forward to continuing to serve you.
gt;>>>>>>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<<<<<
Hidden Lake Academy, after operating 12 years unlicensed will now be monitored by the state. Access information on the Federal Class Action lawsuit against HLA here: http://www.fornits.com/wwf/viewtopic.php?t=17700

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 20, 2007, 11:26:08 AM »
Referral sources?

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 20, 2007, 01:59:57 PM »
Same ole' story.  Blame the staff.  Fire the staff.  Then business as usual.  

Same animal, but with different spots.

Catherine Sutton

Surviving Parent of a "Dumber than Rocks Wilderness Program" that claimed the life of my daughter.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 20, 2007, 02:30:44 PM »
But notice - Youth Care is still defending these staff members they "fired."

Offline hanzomon4

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 20, 2007, 02:43:51 PM »
CampSafety where you there for the hearings?
i]Do something real, however, small. And don\'t-- don\'t diss the political things, but understand their limitations - Grace Lee Boggs[/i]
I do see the present and the future of our children as very dark. But I trust the people\'s capacity for reflection, rage, and rebellion - Oscar Olivera

Howto]