Author Topic: Martin Anderson Boot Camp Verdict: NOT GUILTY  (Read 12541 times)

Offline Nihilanthic

• View Profile
Martin Anderson Boot Camp Verdict: NOT GUILTY
« Reply #60 on: October 16, 2007, 08:49:21 PM »
I personally believe if there was a higher power that could effect the world it would just stop it, not kill another kid.

We're in the hundreds. People don't give a fuck.

We need to find a way to do so. Pissing them off and making the way to fix being pissed off to fix this is probably the only means I can think of.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
DannyB on the internet:I CALLED A LAWYER TODAY TO SEE IF I COULD SUE YOUR ASSES FOR DOING THIS BUT THAT WAS NOT POSSIBLE.

CCMGirl on program restraints: "DON\'T TAZ ME BRO!!!!!"

TheWho on program survivors: "From where I sit I see all the anit-program[sic] people doing all the complaining and crying."

Offline exhausted

• View Profile
« Reply #61 on: October 16, 2007, 09:27:21 PM »
Well, where's the difference?

Kidnap, child abuse and neglect and eventualy murder

So why the different verdict?  :evil:

MIAMI -- A judge sentenced a man to death Monday, nearly nine years after he left a 5-year-old girl to be eaten alive by alligators in the Everglades and tried to kill her mother.

Harrel Franklin Braddy, 58, attacked Shandelle Maycock and daughter Quatisha after he was released early from prison in another case for good behavior. He was convicted in July of first-degree murder, attempted murder, kidnapping, attempted escape and other charges.

Judge Leonard E. Glick also sentenced Braddy to three consecutive life terms on the kidnapping and burglary with an assault charges. He also got 30 years in prison on the attempted murder of Shandelle, 15 years on child neglect causing great bodily harm and five years on attempted escape.

Prosecutors said Braddy tossed Maycock in the trunk of his car in 1998 and drove her to a remote sugarcane field, choked her to unconsciousness and left her to die. She never saw her child again.

http://www.news4jax.com/news/14348821/detail.html

Offline hanzomon4

• View Profile
« Reply #62 on: October 17, 2007, 12:24:59 AM »
Well, I don't want to derail the thread so I'll just comment this once about children rights and such. I think that it's great that kids in the UK do have rights. Hopefully they won't suffer the high rates of child abuse that kids in the states do. I can't find a copy of the UK's law but I assume that it has something to do with the UN charter. I think the problem comes in when these laws are used to prosecute parents instead of teaching them alt ways of disciplining their kids. I haven't seen what in the UN charter stops a parent from raising their kid. It protects the child from abuse but not discipline. It's been proven, at least in the south, that high rates of child abuse coincide with high rates of youth crime. So I don't think less protection is the way to go, more sane enforcement? absolutely....
i]Do something real, however, small. And don\'t-- don\'t diss the political things, but understand their limitations - Grace Lee Boggs[/i]
I do see the present and the future of our children as very dark. But I trust the people\'s capacity for reflection, rage, and rebellion - Oscar Olivera

Howto]

Offline Che Gookin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: October 17, 2007, 04:08:46 AM »
lols.. UK laws.. har..

Offline Rachael

• View Profile
« Reply #64 on: October 17, 2007, 10:53:23 AM »
Quote from: ""exhausted""
Quote from: ""hanzomon4""
Lord exhausted, I think folks who were beat as kids would disagree with you. Substituting one kind of abuse for another is not Progress..
Yes I can see why it came across that way, it's not exactly what I meant .. I was more thinking along the lines of disciplined children are generally more well behaved (not true in all cases, including mine!) I am more getting at the point that we have become so PC when it comes to kids and their chidren's rights charter crap that it's no wonder many are going off the rails, they just don't know where they stand, everything is abuse as far as kids are concerned nowadays, if you knew how many times mine said in one day "you can't do that! I'm going to get you done!" m...kay, wanna use the phone  :roll:  My point is that chidren need, thrive and are generally happier when they have limits and boundaries, parents are too scared to look at them the wrong way nowadays because they live under constant threat of being fined or having them taken away etc

Honestly Exhausted, sometimes you scare me. The vast majority of parents who end up patronizing the "troubled teen industry" do not have a problem with be too lenient with their kids. Almost every single parent I've come across has precisely the opposite problem. We are talking about parents who pay huge amounts of money to have their children locked up, denied all basic rights, and physically, sexually and psychologically abused for offenses as minor as smoking pot a few times, having "pre-marital sex", being gay, practicing an alternate religion, or slacking off a bit in school.

These are the same parents who in many cases will defend the people who kill or terribly abuse their own flesh and blood. The problem with these people is not a lack of ability to further control and subject their children to misery. These people need to learn patience, compassion and empathy - not more effective ways to discipline their kids.
Justice, Justice shall you pursue.

Deuteronomy 16:20

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #65 on: October 17, 2007, 11:03:29 AM »
:nworthy:

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #66 on: October 17, 2007, 11:21:46 AM »
Quote from: ""Rachael""
Quote from: ""exhausted""
Quote from: ""hanzomon4""
Lord exhausted, I think folks who were beat as kids would disagree with you. Substituting one kind of abuse for another is not Progress..
Yes I can see why it came across that way, it's not exactly what I meant .. I was more thinking along the lines of disciplined children are generally more well behaved (not true in all cases, including mine!) I am more getting at the point that we have become so PC when it comes to kids and their chidren's rights charter crap that it's no wonder many are going off the rails, they just don't know where they stand, everything is abuse as far as kids are concerned nowadays, if you knew how many times mine said in one day "you can't do that! I'm going to get you done!" m...kay, wanna use the phone  :roll:  My point is that chidren need, thrive and are generally happier when they have limits and boundaries, parents are too scared to look at them the wrong way nowadays because they live under constant threat of being fined or having them taken away etc

Honestly Exhausted, sometimes you scare me. The vast majority of parents who end up patronizing the "troubled teen industry" do not have a problem with be too lenient with their kids. Almost every single parent I've come across has precisely the opposite problem. We are talking about parents who pay huge amounts of money to have their children locked up, denied all basic rights, and physically, sexually and psychologically abused for offenses as minor as smoking pot a few times, having "pre-marital sex", being gay, practicing an alternate religion, or slacking off a bit in school.

These are the same parents who in many cases will defend the people who kill or terribly abuse their own flesh and blood. The problem with these people is not a lack of ability to further control and subject their children to misery. These people need to learn patience, compassion and empathy - not more effective ways to discipline their kids.
Well you obviously haven't read my postys very thoroughly nor do you know me as a person or a parent, if you did you would undersatnd that we are on the same side

Although kids do need discipline, the one's without it are usually extremely unhappy and crave for boundaries and rules

Yer I know what the teen industry is about, I've done a lot of research on it, but hey, if you'd read my posts you'd know that already - hence why my own child hasn't ended up in a program

This is exactly why i stopped posting at Fornits, there's always someone ready to twist words and manipulate others into being a dunce or a bad person, I wonder how many actually care about having a go at others rather than sorting out the problem of abusive programs, cos a hell of alot of energy goes into one and not the other

As for me scaring you, what a ridiculous thing to say! It scares you that i feel kids are becoming more and more anti social because no one has any rights apart from them in society (not true once in program I know)

Don't let a bit of common sense boundaries for kids scare you, channel that fear into the abuse that goes on in programs, that's what you're here for right?

Exhausted, just realised not logged in

Offline try another castle

• Registered Users
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: October 17, 2007, 11:34:30 AM »
:o

When I first saw that, I totally thought it was Toni Basil.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #68 on: October 17, 2007, 12:01:10 PM »
:roll:

Why?  Why do you guys do that?  I mean really.  What are you, fucking 12?

:roll:  :roll:  :roll:

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #69 on: October 17, 2007, 12:11:45 PM »
Why? Why do you guys do that? I mean really. What are you, fucking 12?

BECAUSE, fucking anon scum!!! ::both::

And I'm fucking 12... year olds!!! ::bwahaha:: ::fu::  ::fuckoff::

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #70 on: October 17, 2007, 12:20:24 PM »
Look, I'm not offended.  Just amazed at such a dire need for attention.  Reminds me of my kids when they were in about 5th or 6th grade.

Fucking have at it.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #71 on: October 17, 2007, 12:47:50 PM »
Quote from: ""Guest""
Look, I'm not offended.  Just amazed at such a dire need for attention.  Reminds me of my kids when they were in about 5th or 6th grade.

Attention? Give me a fucking break. If I wanted "attention" I'd fucking log in, now wouldn't I? Piss up a fucking rope and stfu.  :roll:

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #72 on: October 17, 2007, 12:52:01 PM »
Attention? Give me a fucking break. If I wanted "attention" I'd fucking log in, now wouldn't I? Piss up a fucking rope and stfu.  :roll:

Mmm hmm.  Right.  

Ooo, lets do a GIS for pics that will piss people off.  Wheeeeeeeeee.  I'm a big boy now.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #73 on: October 17, 2007, 01:01:33 PM »
Get a fucking life and give up on trying to police these forums, because it ain't gonna happen.  :roll:

Do you really think your pissing and moaning is going to do anything but make people post more bullshit like this?

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #74 on: October 17, 2007, 01:05:38 PM »
Get a fucking life and give up on trying to police these forums, because it ain't gonna happen.  :roll:

Do you really think your pissing and moaning is going to do anything but make people post more bullshit like this?

I'm not trying to make anyone do anything.  Just expressing an opinion.  Is that no longer allowed?