Author Topic: Martin Anderson Boot Camp Verdict: NOT GUILTY  (Read 12575 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Martin Anderson Boot Camp Verdict: NOT GUILTY
« on: October 12, 2007, 01:27:58 PM »
All 8 Defendants:  Not Guilty.  Acquitted on all charges.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline ZenAgent

• View Profile
    • http://www.freepowerboards.com/strugglingppl/index.php
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2007, 01:31:42 PM »
My God.  Is there a link to an article yet?  I can't believe that, how can anyone who saw that tape vote to acquit?
\"Allah does not love the public utterance of hurtful speech, unless it be by one to whom injustice has been done; and Allah is Hearing, Knowing\" - The Qur\'an

\"I\'m there to handle kids that are psychotic, suicidal, homicidal, or have commited felonies. Oh yeah, I am also there to take them down when they are rowdy so the nurse can give them the booty juice.\"

Offline Deborah

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2007, 01:55:19 PM »
Miller, McKeon, McCarthy, Kildee.... are you paying attention? This jury has set yet another unbelieveable precedent for abuse = treatment/ rehabilitation.

http://www.cnn.com/2007/US/law/10/12/bo ... index.html

A defense attorney said convicting the guards would be like spitting on troops fighting an unpopular war.

Is he attempting to paint teens as terrorists? What a low blow.

"They have not brought in one witness to say those tactics are illegal. That those wrist bends, those knee strikes are improper," said Robert Sombathy, who represents guard Patrick Garrett.

If jurors found those tactics are wrong, every boot camp in the state would be guilty of child neglect, he said. Florida ended its military boot camp system last year because of the Anderson case.
gt;>>>>>>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<<<<<
Hidden Lake Academy, after operating 12 years unlicensed will now be monitored by the state. Access information on the Federal Class Action lawsuit against HLA here: http://www.fornits.com/wwf/viewtopic.php?t=17700

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2007, 02:30:33 PM »
If the boot doesn't fit (the bruises on his body), you must acquit???

Offline exhausted

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2007, 02:43:49 PM »
No! No no no  no!

how the FUCK did this happen??? I saw them kill him as did you all - what pay off was there?

jesus this is why i dont come here anymore, I am enraged to the point of - it doesn't matter what i'm enraged to doing, thank God I started the support group here before it becomes a trend in the UK

Fucking fucking fucking - no justice for this child, none

CUNTS

Offline exhausted

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2007, 02:53:38 PM »
Quote from: "Deborah"

"They have not brought in one witness to say those tactics are illegal.

Murder by ammonia inhilation is not illegal?[/
If jurors found those tactics are wrong, every boot camp in the state would be guilty of child neglect, he said..
Yer that'd be good stuff

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2007, 02:59:33 PM »
Jury only "deliberate 2 hours and 11 minutes."  Hell, it took that long to fill out the 8 Verdict forms !!!
That Jury didn't even take the time to reveiw the evidence!

Offline exhausted

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2007, 03:01:36 PM »
And you're surprised why?

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 12, 2007, 03:02:10 PM »
Posted on Court TV Discussion Forum:

Judge Overstreet: "I've never seen a verdict come in so quickly and everyone cheering".

He thanks everyone for conducting themselves the way they did, on both sides of the aisle. He thanks them for the respect they've shown the lawyers. He mentions the cameras and the media now.

The media wanted to be here to see each of you and how you react. I'd like them to see you as you are. Members of this community; good people. He asks them to stand and he orders in the jury.

12:22 pm Central
The jurors are seated and hand the verdict form to the bailiff at the request of Judge Overstreet.

Counsel and defendants will rise.

In the matter of the State of Florida VS ((names off the defendant's names))

Unanimous
Not guilty as to the first defendant's name.
Same with the rest, including the nurse.

So say we all dated the 12th of October 2007 Signed P**** ***** ((I will not post her full name here))

The jurors are now being polled separately with full names being called out one by one [/*]
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Offline Covergaard

• View Profile
    • http://www.carstenovergaard.dk
Seen it before
« Reply #9 on: October 12, 2007, 03:13:10 PM »
Such odd verdict we have in Denmark too at our city courts.

According to USAtoday some of the jurors know the families of guards so completely neutral jurors at the lowest level are impossible to find.

I dont know how your court system handles appeals. In Denmark we operate with three levels and a the lowest - the city court is known for some odd judgments, so they go to one of the two country courts (Eastern and Western) and if the law is not clear enough both parties can apply for access to the supreme court. In the resent year people can go down to a European Court if the matter has something to do with human rights. If a person is wrongful convicted and new evidence support that we also have a special court of appeal.

I can see that the USAtoday are trying to play the race-card. I dont know how I should look at that. I hope that this verdict can be tried at a higher level in your court-system.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 12, 2007, 03:19:55 PM »
Don't forget - this is Florida.  The same state where in a civil case, a jury awarded Sue Scheff $11.3 million for internet defamation when I read on one of Sue Scheff's blogs, her own attorney apparently offered to settle the case for $35k.

Offline Nihilanthic

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 12, 2007, 06:55:54 PM »
So, they can hit this kid, until he passes out, and dies later, and its not manslaughter?

WTF???

If I hit someone with some cephalic disorder and he dies from it as an accident, I can be charged and CONVINCED for manslaughter!!!

Oh, and guess whats gonna happen now? It will be complicated and turned into a RACE issue and jesse jackson and Al Sharpton will fucking flap their gums over this and completely fuck it up and obfuscate this with race-centric politics.

GREAT. Well, we got a lot of steps forward on Wednesday, but we got a few of them back on Friday. Still a good week, but I'm pissed.

They only deliberated 90 minutes!!!
DannyB on the internet:I CALLED A LAWYER TODAY TO SEE IF I COULD SUE YOUR ASSES FOR DOING THIS BUT THAT WAS NOT POSSIBLE.

CCMGirl on program restraints: "DON\'T TAZ ME BRO!!!!!"

TheWho on program survivors: "From where I sit I see all the anit-program[sic] people doing all the complaining and crying."

Offline hanzomon4

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 12, 2007, 07:05:36 PM »
Not surprised, let's hope that the public can see pass the "this is not abuse in boot camp" bullshit.
i]Do something real, however, small. And don\'t-- don\'t diss the political things, but understand their limitations - Grace Lee Boggs[/i]
I do see the present and the future of our children as very dark. But I trust the people\'s capacity for reflection, rage, and rebellion - Oscar Olivera

Howto]

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Re: Seen it before
« Reply #13 on: October 13, 2007, 11:35:45 AM »
Quote from: ""Covergaard""
Such odd verdict we have in Denmark too at our city courts.

According to USAtoday some of the jurors know the families of guards so completely neutral jurors at the lowest level are impossible to find.

I dont know how your court system handles appeals. In Denmark we operate with three levels and a the lowest - the city court is known for some odd judgments, so they go to one of the two country courts (Eastern and Western) and if the law is not clear enough both parties can apply for access to the supreme court. In the resent year people can go down to a European Court if the matter has something to do with human rights. If a person is wrongful convicted and new evidence support that we also have a special court of appeal.

I can see that the USAtoday are trying to play the race-card. I dont know how I should look at that. I hope that this verdict can be tried at a higher level in your court-system.

One of the best things about our conuntry--you can't be charged with the same crime twice. There will be a federal investigation which may lead to different charges, but not the exact same ones.

The problem here was with the prosecutors, who charged these folks with murder knowing the autopsy was inconclusive on what the cause of death was, but showed for a fact it was not the beating. The best likelihood (according to the autopsy) was suffocation, but med science says it could not have happened strictly because of ammonia capsules. The verdict has to be beyond a shadow of a doubt.

The prosecutors should have gone for charges of aggravated assault or abuse---the only thing proved beyond a doubt by the video. If they had been found guilty, the sentence would have been longer because the child died. The prosecutor's office got greedy and was doing some political grandstanding, certain the emotional issue would override the law. In a place that favors conservatives, they should have known better.

Offline ZenAgent

• View Profile
    • http://www.freepowerboards.com/strugglingppl/index.php
« Reply #14 on: October 13, 2007, 01:44:33 PM »
This is from the Knoxville News Sentinel:

8 cleared in boot camp death

Guards, nurse found not guilty in teen's videotaped death

MELISSA NELSON
Associated Press
Saturday, October 13, 2007

PANAMA CITY, Fla. — Eight former boot camp workers were acquitted of manslaughter Friday in the death of a 14-year-old boy who was videotaped being punched and kicked. The scene sparked outrage and changes in the juvenile system, but it took jurors just 90 minutes to decide it was not a crime.

Anger over the verdict was obvious outside the courtroom, where bystanders screamed “murdererâ€
\"Allah does not love the public utterance of hurtful speech, unless it be by one to whom injustice has been done; and Allah is Hearing, Knowing\" - The Qur\'an

\"I\'m there to handle kids that are psychotic, suicidal, homicidal, or have commited felonies. Oh yeah, I am also there to take them down when they are rowdy so the nurse can give them the booty juice.\"