Author Topic: Martin Anderson Boot Camp Verdict: NOT GUILTY  (Read 12442 times)

Offline Che Gookin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Martin Anderson Boot Camp Verdict: NOT GUILTY
« Reply #30 on: October 14, 2007, 10:37:18 PM »
:lol:  :lol:

You mean you need a stronger law for murder???

What a god damn political opprotunist. If it wasn't for the fact that this tool could get us national coverage for this issue I'd say bury him out in the woods face down as a favor for the gene pool.

Fucking pols...

They make me sick every god damn one of them.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Che Gookin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 14, 2007, 10:39:36 PM »
but.. not as sick as that god damn tits worthless jury in florida. They should have enforced the full god damn measure of the law and tossed everyone of their asses in jail for man slaughter.

Offline 3xsaSeedling

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 15, 2007, 12:07:33 AM »
I was watching this last week.
I am not surprised.
less[/i] about than 'problem kids' is blacks.  Slavery comes to mind.
There is a mentality shift when you go south.  There's no depth.
Being from 'the north' makes it a little more obvious to me.
The law may have integrated them, but the south didn't have to like it.  As a culture, they don't act like they liked it.
I left Florida in 1976.  I've never been sorry.  Geographical cures CAN be the best   ::seg::
Up north, people have more depth.  

For me?  Life is untouchable.  Do not fold, spindle or mutilate.  There should be laws to specifically protect that sacred right to live your life without being interfered with regardless of sex, race or age.  That would be in the  Bill of Rights? maybe (prob'ly where I got the speech from?  :wink: )?
Of all the things I\'ve ever lost, I miss my mind the most.
Wait...I found \'IT\'!!    
oh joy

"Fresh baked daily!"

Offline hanzomon4

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 15, 2007, 12:18:11 AM »
Speaking of the right to life, I've seen Federal Civil Rights Cases brought against cops for killing people for violating that right. In the case I'm thinking about it was the only way the case could be tried without invoking Double Jeopardy. Being that these Assholes were cops, or Gov officials, Deprivation of Civil Rights under Color of Law may come into play.
i]Do something real, however, small. And don\'t-- don\'t diss the political things, but understand their limitations - Grace Lee Boggs[/i]
I do see the present and the future of our children as very dark. But I trust the people\'s capacity for reflection, rage, and rebellion - Oscar Olivera

Howto]

Offline Che Gookin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 15, 2007, 06:38:19 AM »
civil rights my hairy left nut.. this is flat out murder.

whatever it takes though to put these shitheels behind bars though is good by me.

To damn bad the state of florida cocked this one up so horridly.

Offline AtomicAnt

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 15, 2007, 07:56:41 AM »
What strikes me as obvious legal issues:

The defense of we were 'following procedures.' This defense was deemed unsupportable after WWII when it was used by SS Guards at concentration camps. Even following military orders was never valid as an excuse for war crimes; or any crime for that matter.

The defense of the pre-existing medical condition. Once again, I know of no precedence where this is valid. If someone mugs a man with a heart problem and he dies of a heart attack, it is still murder. The mugger cannot say, "I didn't know he was going to die." As a facility that cares for children, they are negligent for not having safeguards in place for this very kind of eventuality.

Although it is a shame that race is clouding the teen abuse issue, I honestly believe race was an issue. The jury was all white. In Florida "respect for law and order" is a euphemism for 'white supremacy' and a military attitude toward dissent.

Finally, Florida has one of the most corrupt and insane judicial systems in the USA. Florida is listed as human rights violator by both Human Rights Watch and Amnesty International. They have by far the most incarcerated children of any State (except California) and Florida has by far the most children serving time as adults in adult prisons. It is truly frightening how much the home of Straight Inc hates kids.

Offline exhausted

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 15, 2007, 08:29:35 AM »
Right

1) Okay if they were "following procedures" that means it is procedure to kick and beat someone who is in a state of collapse - as clearly shown on the recording, is that not an admission that their procedures flount the law?
If a kid needs restraint for his safety or those around him, fair enough, and I am NOT taking the type of restraint that means 10 burly men/women crushing a kid to death

2) I have seen and can provide recordings of police officers who have been fired, suspended whatever for using excessive force which although wrong & totally out of control, has in no way put someone in danger of death, yet they were still punished as they should be.

3) Your law differs to ours I think - from a true case in the UK - a man attacks another man in a road rage incident, attacked man is beaten to an unrecognisable pulp, however it is determined attacked man dies of a heart attack, not the beating, so is it not obvious the deceased had a heart attack because a much younger man was pounding the life out of him? No, the deceased had a heart problem that he could have died from at any given time, so attacker walks free, why does he walk free? because the prosecution didn't look into the possibility of this outcome and went for manslaughter charges, no assault, road rage, battery, intent to harm charges were put in place, therefore he was never tried for them and won't be, so until the next time....  :roll:

Offline Deborah

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 15, 2007, 09:17:04 AM »
As I said on pg 1
Miller, McKeon, McCarthy, Kildee.... are you paying attention? This jury has set yet another unbelieveable precedent for

abuse = treatment/ rehabilitation.
gt;>>>>>>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<<<<<
Hidden Lake Academy, after operating 12 years unlicensed will now be monitored by the state. Access information on the Federal Class Action lawsuit against HLA here: http://www.fornits.com/wwf/viewtopic.php?t=17700

Offline Anne Bonney

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 15, 2007, 11:49:11 AM »
I've been sick over this all weekend.  This is the kind of shit that makes me want to chuck everything and move to some island somewhere.  WTF is wrong with people?  

I give up.  Its on tape this time and still no one gives a fuck.

:flame:  :flame:  ::noway::  :cry:
traight, St. Pete, early 80s
AA is a cult http://www.orange-papers.org/orange-cult.html

The more boring a child is, the more the parents, when showing off the child, receive adulation for being good parents-- because they have a tame child-creature in their house.  ~~  Frank Zappa

Offline felice

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 15, 2007, 12:03:44 PM »
Here is what Congressman Miller had to say:

Press Releases
 Chairman Miller Statement on Not Guilty Verdicts in Martin Lee Anderson Case  
 Friday, October 12, 2007

WASHINGTON, DC -- U.S. Rep. George Miller (D-CA), chairman of the House Education and Labor Committee, issued the following statement today after learning that eight employees of the Bay County, Florida, Sheriff’s Office Boot Camp facility were found not guilty in the 2006 death of 14-year-old Martin Lee Anderson:

“When a Florida court sent Martin Lee Anderson to a county-run boot camp in 2006, the court didn’t intend to sentence him to death. But tragically, a death sentence is what Martin Lee Anderson got. The boot camp has since closed and the state of Florida has revised its policies. While these are welcome steps, Anderson’s family deserves every opportunity to see that those involved are held criminally responsible for their actions. That is why I am encouraged that the U.S. Justice Department is reviewing the case to see whether charges of federal criminal civil rights violations are possible.

“Sadly, this type of child abuse has happened before and continues to happen in many states throughout the U.S., because of a lack of sufficient safeguards to prevent it. Earlier this week, investigators for the Government Accountability Office reported that they had found thousands of allegations of child abuse and neglect in residential treatment programs for children, including boot camps and wilderness programs. In many cases where a child died, none of the adults entrusted with the child’s care was ever held responsible.

“Such cases show the urgent need for stronger laws. Congress will act to stop these abuses of children once and for all. In cases involving privately-run facilities, which often lack regulations of any kind, we will establish standards to keep children safe. In cases involving county- or state-run facilities, we will act to strengthen existing standards. We have no mandate more urgent than the health and safety of children.â€

Offline Nihilanthic

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 15, 2007, 12:57:44 PM »
Quote from: ""Anne Bonney""
I've been sick over this all weekend.  This is the kind of shit that makes me want to chuck everything and move to some island somewhere.  WTF is wrong with people?  

Cultural and mental sickness, Anne Bonney.

Well, it seems democracy ultimately leads to mob rule! There IS justification that people either are too stupid to lead others, and those who know better should...

... or government should simply protect individuals from other individuals and let them decide for themselves.

This case, and the way that flor-i-duh is so clearly fucked up is the biggest justification for Libertarianism I've ever seen first hand. Period. That or anarchy. It seems anytime influential institutions or social groups are allowed to grow and get more power and influence this seems to inevitably happen.

Orwell couldn't have stated it better in 1984 if he outright said that the LEO wannabes and the corrupt LEO's themselves are "the party" outright!

And, of course, I completely expect the NAACP to completely fuck this issue up, black jack it and eliminate the context, and make this about "the man" and ignore every other kid fucked up or killed by this shit.

Whelp, I guess it comes down to if you want to stick around and put up with these people and hope through trickle-down-generational education people eventually wake up from this, or get out. Personally, I'd rather help from a good safe distance.

Either way - what do we do? We can't counter cultural indoctrination and hatred for children or other races, can we? Sure we can get through to educated, enlightened, or simply non-twisted people, but how do we deal with the masses of asses who perpetuate this and believe in what they do?

It would seem the only thing that would have any "teeth" would be protecting the rights of these children, on the federal level, and then preparing for a lot of state-side-bitching about it. Sure, what we're doing is slowly gaining ground and spreading, but beating around the bush gets us nowhere.
DannyB on the internet:I CALLED A LAWYER TODAY TO SEE IF I COULD SUE YOUR ASSES FOR DOING THIS BUT THAT WAS NOT POSSIBLE.

CCMGirl on program restraints: "DON\'T TAZ ME BRO!!!!!"

TheWho on program survivors: "From where I sit I see all the anit-program[sic] people doing all the complaining and crying."

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 15, 2007, 04:59:37 PM »
Quote from: ""try another castle""
The prosecutors should have gone for charges of aggravated assault or abuse---the only thing proved beyond a doubt by the video. If they had been found guilty, the sentence would have been longer because the child died. The prosecutor's office got greedy and was doing some political grandstanding, certain the emotional issue would override the law. In a place that favors conservatives, they should have known better.

Probably the best angle would be that of malpractice/gross negligence. These places offer services in the form of treatment, so  regard it as such. The malpractice angle was used for the KIDS of north jersey case, I believe.

I believe that malpractice/gross negligence are more often used in civil cases---not to be ruled out here, but not applicable to a criminal trial. And malpractice would apply to the facility more than it would to the individuals involved in the assault.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 15, 2007, 08:27:21 PM »
Quote from: ""Anne Bonney""

That's not true, we give a fuck, the jury didn't

Hope you's feel better soon

Exhausted

Offline TheWho

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 15, 2007, 10:55:29 PM »
Hey TSW, Do you know this guy?  The face on your avatar kinda looks a little like him...... Do you work with this guy?  

"The man, whose face initially was disguised behind a digitalized swirl, is now thought to be on the run in Thailand, Interpol said. He is said to be an English teacher at a school in South Korea.

The man was allegedly shown sexually abusing 12 young Vietnamese and Cambodian boys, apparently ranging in age from 6 to early teens, in about 200 photographs posted on the Internet. "
« Last Edit: October 15, 2007, 11:24:54 PM by Guest »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 15, 2007, 11:23:00 PM »
Quote from: ""Sal Paradise""
Investigative Due Diligence

The XXXXXXXX Investigative Due Diligence (IDD) practice helps counsel, investors and financial institutions to identify and avoid risks by exposing the hidden elements of prospective transactions and relationships. Our multi-disciplinary team of investigative professionals discover, verify and analyze information to alert you to potential risks and advise on their mitigation.

Comprehensive Background Checks

Investigative Due Diligence is an essential service for companies concerned about the unknown dimensions of a potential acquisition, investment, partner, client or other commercial relationship. Through a comprehensive process of in-depth background checks, interviews and detailed analyses, we surface information for personnel decisions, strategic negotiations and disclosures in potential transactions.

Corporations engaged in mergers and acquisitions, strategic alliances and significant vendor or customer relationships can benefit from the awareness that IDD provides for transaction teams, investment banks, private equity firms, hedge funds, institutional investors and their legal counsel.

Types of Risks Identified by IDD:

* Undisclosed related-party transactions
    * Misrepresentations or omissions
    * Unreported financial difficulties
    * Allegations of illegal or unethical business practices
    * Troubled transactional history
    * Undisclosed legal proceedings
    * Questionable associations or relationships
    * Criminal or regulatory actions
    * Trade with controversial entities or embargoed countries
    * Deficient director independence or corporate governance
    * Financial reporting issues
Forensic accounting

Another firm:

Specific examples of services that we can provide include:

• Damage calculations, such as compiling exposure levels from fraudulent billing allegations
• Assisting in the drafting, implementations and reporting requirements of Corporate Integrity Agreements
• Assisting in settlement negotiations with government agencies or payers
• Investigation of "hotline" reports
    - Initial investigation of patient abuse issues
    - Investigation of reports of mismanagement of programs or subsidiaries
    - Initial investigation of reports of Human Resource issues/violations
• Defense of false claim allegations
• Billing compliance reviews
• Reviews of recruitment procedures, and other business process reviews related to anti-kickback violations
• HIPAA compliance reviews

Accountants playing private dicks.  Forensic accounting/IDD is a bottom-feeder's gig, and it's a troubled program's wet dream.  To what extent will they go to protect clients? And why is an accountant investigating "hotline" reports?  What info do they have access to?  How many or these guys are scurrying around under the boards of the industry, especially now?