Author Topic: Ads  (Read 3354 times)

Offline Deborah

• View Profile
Ads
« on: October 10, 2007, 02:50:54 PM »
Do the Ads have to be so large?
Please make them smaller. I hate the horizontal scroll.... and I can't afford a 52" monitor.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
gt;>>>>>>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<<<<<
Hidden Lake Academy, after operating 12 years unlicensed will now be monitored by the state. Access information on the Federal Class Action lawsuit against HLA here: http://www.fornits.com/wwf/viewtopic.php?t=17700

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
Ads
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2007, 10:57:09 AM »
k, thnx
"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
Ads
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2007, 11:01:05 AM »
Wait, you mean the Zazzle ad at the top of the page of the rotating banners at the foot of long topic pages?

Offline Rachael

• View Profile
Ads
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2007, 12:30:27 PM »
Funny... I have never seen an ad except for the Amazon book ones in the top right corner.
Justice, Justice shall you pursue.

Deuteronomy 16:20

Offline Deborah

• View Profile
Ads
« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2007, 04:04:14 PM »
Quote from: ""Scarlett Chiclet""
Wait, you mean the Zazzle ad at the top of the page of the rotating banners at the foot of long topic pages?

Yeh. Maybe it's not that, but I only noticed it after they were put up.
Hidden Lake Academy, after operating 12 years unlicensed will now be monitored by the state. Access information on the Federal Class Action lawsuit against HLA here: http://www.fornits.com/wwf/viewtopic.php?t=17700

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
Ads
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2007, 11:28:22 AM »
Did I solve the problem? Also, if anybody's looking for a fun and easy way to pitch in, create some zazzle product and add 'fornits' as one of the tags and they'll automatically show up in the zazzle panels on this site, you'll get the contributor commission and we'll get the associates commission.

Offline Deborah

• View Profile
Ads
« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2007, 01:30:52 PM »
The problem still exists. I figured out that it's the book ads at the bottom of the page. There are 3 books advertised in the banner. Could it be cut to just 2? I think that would solve the problem with the page being too wide for the screen.
There's not a problem with the other ads- Psy's, Crapple, Care/Feeding of Fornits, Capital Records, etc. Just the banner with book ads.

Offline Ursus

• View Profile
Ads
« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2007, 05:43:10 PM »
Does it depend on the theme?  When I'm not signed in, I get the ads.  When I'm signed in (green tech theme? AAR, the one with the sun + sunglasses), I get no ads.
-------------- • -------------- • --------------

Offline TheWho

• View Profile
Ads
« Reply #8 on: October 27, 2007, 08:07:07 PM »
Quote from: ""Ursus""
Does it depend on the theme?  When I'm not signed in, I get the ads.  When I'm signed in (green tech theme? AAR, the one with the sun + sunglasses), I get no ads.

Yes, same with me (green tech theme).  Also the "Send Private Message" button is missing (Between "Profile and email" buttons).  It works if you press it, but there is no picture of a button there.

Offline Ursus

• View Profile
Ads
« Reply #9 on: October 27, 2007, 11:36:09 PM »
yeah, no button for the send PM, but clearly a functional link.  That theme also displays that "no button but clearly a functional link" phenotype when you check out the Memberlist.  Seems to be some last bit that is unable to load, as that is one of the first things that looked like that when pages experienced difficulty loading in the past.  This started during the last or 2nd to last move.  Thought it was going to be fixed, but it is a minor problem that just affects looks and not functionality so I've been lazy 'bout saying something.

Offline Deborah

• View Profile
Ads
« Reply #10 on: October 28, 2007, 01:21:31 PM »

I get ads while I'm signed in. It's rare that I'm not signed in, so haven't noticed.

Also contributing to the horizontal scroll issue is long urls, like
http://web.archive.org/web/199707042000 ... nsula.html
(not to single your's out Z, just most recent example)

I was replacing long urls with Tiny Urls, but several of mine haven't worked weeks later when I returned to the post for some reason and clicked them.

When the ads at the bottom are causing the extra wide screen, I hit refresh until the messages can be viewed in the screen. Basicly, refresh until there aren't book ads at the bottom.

Is this a "margin" issue or what? It's like there's no right margin stop, it could go on forever. Can't one be set?

Offline Ursus

• View Profile
Ads
« Reply #11 on: October 28, 2007, 01:47:38 PM »
I never use Tiny Urls 'cuz I've always been under the impression that they expire after a certain point.  'Twould be logical, eh?  Not that much unique info you can cram into such few characters.  These days, if the URL is too long, I turn it into a rewritten LINK (that wasn't one).  I personally don't have right margin issues unless someone uses a 300 px size avatar or the like, ha ha haa...

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Ads
« Reply #12 on: October 28, 2007, 03:42:12 PM »
I never use Tiny Urls 'cuz I've always been under the impression that they expire after a certain point.  'Twould be logical, eh?  Not that much unique info you can cram into such few characters.  

You think too much, don't you? I'll bet you drive yourself batty sometimes!

Offline Ursus

• View Profile
Ads
« Reply #13 on: October 28, 2007, 04:43:05 PM »
Quote from: ""Guest""
I never use Tiny Urls 'cuz I've always been under the impression that they expire after a certain point.  'Twould be logical, eh?  Not that much unique info you can cram into such few characters.  
You think too much, don't you? I'll bet you drive yourself batty sometimes!
::roflmao::  ::roflmao::  ::roflmao::
Nah, born that way...  With the size of my head, there's plenty of room for a few bats to be flying 'round in there undisturbed, ha haaa...

I've got pointy ears, too.