Author Topic: The hearings have started, watch the hearings  (Read 26024 times)

Offline hanzomon4

• View Profile
The hearings have started, watch the hearings
« Reply #15 on: October 10, 2007, 01:01:59 PM »
The Alldredge Academy owes the fed thousands for not paying rent on federal land. Miller then laid into the NATSAP lady, asking at one point "what the hell do you do?".... Crazy man, Crazy!!!!
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
i]Do something real, however, small. And don\'t-- don\'t diss the political things, but understand their limitations - Grace Lee Boggs[/i]
I do see the present and the future of our children as very dark. But I trust the people\'s capacity for reflection, rage, and rebellion - Oscar Olivera

Howto]

Offline hanzomon4

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 10, 2007, 01:08:29 PM »
The GAO guy made the statement that only after a death were licenses revoked, making him wonder why prior abuse was not taken as seriously. He then said abuse will be the focus of the next investigation due out early next year.

They then touched upon the fact that programs are not always licensed for everything they provide, like mental health services. i.e. licensed as a school but not as a lockdown mental hospital
i]Do something real, however, small. And don\'t-- don\'t diss the political things, but understand their limitations - Grace Lee Boggs[/i]
I do see the present and the future of our children as very dark. But I trust the people\'s capacity for reflection, rage, and rebellion - Oscar Olivera

Howto]

Offline hanzomon4

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 10, 2007, 01:15:59 PM »
A panel guy just said that he believes that NATSAP is just a pretty sticker. He expressed concern that programs use NATSAP as a marketing tool, which is misleading in his opinion. He said they have a lot to prove.

The ASTART lady just said that all the shit about NATSAP being concerned about the treatment of kids is a pile of shit. She said how NATSAP wrote on their website that ASTART's report was just a view complaints by nosy individuals.

Word: The Panel is pissed!!!

Howto]

Offline hanzomon4

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 10, 2007, 01:30:10 PM »
Sorry for the short little undetailed  updates but I'm watching and typing at the same time. ASTART lady defended the truthfulness of what survivors say and their right to speak, so good news on that. The panel seemed very concerned about the issue and will be doing more work on it as well as the GAO.

Howto]

Offline hanzomon4

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 10, 2007, 01:32:12 PM »
All that's left to say is NATSAP just got owned

Howto]

Offline TheWho

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 10, 2007, 01:44:22 PM »
One panel guy mentioned he had a few family members who went to these places and seemed pleased with their outcome.  So it looks like they recognize the abuse doesnt apply to all places.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 10, 2007, 01:49:10 PM »
Said panel guy was embarrassed to admit it and said friends will probably be pulling their kids soon.

If, of course, he was referring to these hellholes at all. Real boarding schools still exist.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Accountability
« Reply #22 on: October 10, 2007, 01:54:05 PM »
I'm so happy with Miller's hearing. They are finally getting it.

Ms Pinto did an good job.She cares.  

I wonder where Lon Woodbury is in all of this BS. His ED CON referred us to Catherine Freer a few years back. We didnt go but it was one of their suggestions.

Struggling Teens too is a BIg accomplice in these abuses.Referring to unlicensed,unskilled programs etc.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 10, 2007, 01:56:54 PM »
Anybody make a copy of this hearing or will it be a permanently available on the committee's website?

Offline TheWho

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 10, 2007, 01:57:18 PM »
So it seems they are going to help NATSAP gain some teeth and recognize them as the front runners to hold these schools feet to the fire...good for them!!!  It will give them cause to boot some of these schools out of their organization....  same thing happened to JCHAO which set them up as the gold standard at the time.

It was a little embarrassing for Kutz when he was asked several times for the number of deaths in facilities and he refused to give the number, just stated thousands were abused, whats up with that?  Trying to miss lead the panel that there were a lot more deaths than there really are and by the looks on their faces I think they realized it and never asked again or persued it again to give him a break.

The ASTART lady seemed pissed at the state agencies and how they are set up.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 10, 2007, 02:00:19 PM »
Who - even one kid abused to death is one kid too many.

Face it, Natsap had egg all over their face today.

The big "guns" have not even spoken yet, that being the survivors who were abused and watched others abused, and even die, before their very eyes.

Score Miller 10 Natsap 0

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 10, 2007, 02:03:29 PM »
Ah, Captain Clueless comes in with his usual brand of bullshit.

NATSAP was blown out of the water early and never recovered. Something tells me they're not going to be taken seriously in the future.

And the actual conversation where Kutz said "thousands of cases" went like this:

Kutz: "Thousands of cases of deaths and abuse."

Panel guy: "Thousands of deaths?"

Kutz (correcting him immediately): "And abuse." (paraphrasing begins now) "We don't have figures of how many deaths, because there's no central tabulation at the state or federal level."

Of course he doesn't have hard numbers you fucktwit- he can't get them. What's he going to do, go around and ask every single county in every single state where a program exists, and try to find out where each one died?

Offline hanzomon4

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 10, 2007, 02:04:39 PM »
Quote from: ""TheWho""
So it seems they are going to help NATSAP gain some teeth and recognize them as the front runners to hold these schools feet to the fire...good for them!!!  It will give them cause to boot some of these schools out of their organization....  same thing happened to JCHAO which set them up as the gold standard at the time.

It was a little embarrassing for Kutz when he was asked several times for the number of deaths in facilities and he refused to give the number, just stated thousands were abused, whats up with that? Trying to miss lead the panel that there were a lot more deaths than there really are and by the looks on their faces I think they realized it and never asked again or persued it again to give him a break.

The ASTART lady seemed pissed at the state agencies and how they are set up.

Bull shit, he explained in clear english that there were much more instances of abuse then deaths, which will be the focus of round two. Your org NATSAP just got owned nationally and the panel was royally pissed with them, not the GAO.

NATSAP got outed for being nothing more the a misleading sticker. I hope someone has a recorded version.

Howto]

Offline TheWho

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 10, 2007, 02:05:41 PM »
Quote from: ""Guest""
Ah, Captain Clueless comes in with his usual brand of bullshit.

NATSAP was blown out of the water early and never recovered. Something tells me they're not going to be taken seriously in the future.

And the actual conversation where Kutz said "thousands of cases" went like this:

Kutz: "Thousands of cases of deaths and abuse."

Panel guy: "Thousands of deaths?"

Kutz (correcting him immediately): "And abuse." (paraphrasing begins now) "We don't have figures of how many deaths, because there's no central tabulation at the state or federal level."

Of course he doesn't have hard numbers you fucktwit- he can't get them. What's he going to do, go around and ask every single county in every single state where a program exists, and try to find out where each one died?

so how does he know thousands?...Ha,Ha,Ha,  He didnt want to give the number..we all know that and so did the panel.. they asked him several different ways and he danced.....

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 10, 2007, 02:09:59 PM »
Reading TheWho's posts spawns a vision of Hitler's last days in his bunker, moving imaginary armies around while his city was annihilated above him.