Treatment Abuse, Behavior Modification, Thought Reform > Daytop Village

David Deitch

<< < (5/6) > >>

heretik:

--- Quote from: "Inculcated" ---
--- Quote from: "heretik" ---Inculcate, could you help me find the link that was used here. I would like to follow the trail that just may give me more info concerning Marathon House.

--- End quote ---
Sure:
A “Pioneer series” PDF link
The other search results for the same article from counselor magazine say that the “webpage cannot be found” and seem to be only retrievable by google cache at this time.

I’d be very interested to read anything that comes from you following that trail regarding Marathon or even Phoenix House or threads you create about your experience of those programs, Heretic.
--- End quote ---

I sure will accommodate. Thanks.

dragonfly:

heretik:

--- Quote from: "dragonfly" ---Thanks Inculcated, I read the David Deitch article...

I suspect that somehow, the Feds were getting curious about communist brainwashing and instigated all this TC stuff...

I guess it could be that chuck D just accidentally discovered the dynamics on his own but that seems unlikely...

Too many random people suddenly being funded by NIMH to not have some sort of mastemind behind it...

Not that it matters, Its just so fascinating...the whole human capacity to be brainwashed...how our basic human need to connect can be turned against us...
--- End quote ---

You said it right there, funds. IDK about a mastermind, but people were falling all over one another to get their  product out there to get the money. Treatment Center models were the new fade...according to some. The gov't was interested in spreading the wealth.

dragonfly:

Inculcated:
Indeed it is and at the moment it is still a working link to a very interesting PDF. One of the authors is the same William Whitehead who conducted the above quoted and linked interview with Dietch and DeLeon….
It’s got a strong lead in to an informative body of work, then it goes askew with a bit of revisionist history that has become all too familiar
(See Deitch laments under subsequent developments  p. 12)
I'm also going to put excerpts from and a link to it in the confrontational attack therapy thread.
Edited to add: LMAO just realized it is the same fricking article as posted in the confrontational attack therapy thread. Okay, I'm going to step away from thinking because clearly my brain is at status :ftard: tonight. In my brain's defense it’s been tweaked (the article) renamed and loaded with a couple of graphs and I've just come off of reading mind numbing excerpts of MSDS reports contrived to be more obfuscating than a shill troll could ever aspire to compose.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version