Author Topic: SkyView Academy is closing  (Read 16652 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
SkyView Academy is closing
« Reply #30 on: October 06, 2007, 02:36:23 PM »
Here: In case you're thinking "this stuff just happened in the past", this one is very, very recent.

http://wwf.fornits.com/viewtopic.php?t=23056
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 06, 2007, 02:43:13 PM »
Here's one from Antiwwasp; they have a whole forum on the subject.

http://www.antiwwasp.com/forum/showthread.php?t=16

Offline hanzomon4

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 06, 2007, 08:49:21 PM »
Thanks for sticking around Mrs.Mom...

Don't think that we are trying to say that you didn't need any help or invalidate the reason you decided to take this action. The reason why you sent your kid away is  not our concern, it's were you sent her. It's  important that you get as much information as possible without feeling beat over the head.

Watch the PBS documentary online at the Montana PBS website - Who's watching The Kids?

Checkout the SCL ISAC page for statements from survivors, news articles, and other information regarding SCL - ISAC SCL page

This is the Hobbit
i]Do something real, however, small. And don\'t-- don\'t diss the political things, but understand their limitations - Grace Lee Boggs[/i]
I do see the present and the future of our children as very dark. But I trust the people\'s capacity for reflection, rage, and rebellion - Oscar Olivera

Howto]

Offline BuzzKill

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 07, 2007, 10:39:40 AM »
See the kids name scrawled on the second bench? This is the bed, BTW. See it? He spent 9 months in this little room. It is not heated. He spent the winter there. The winters in Montana are a serious business.
He was brutally "restrained" and as a result needed oral surgery after he was finely brought home.  You can read about this in his father's sworn testimony, in federal court, in the WWASP V PURE transcripts.

Offline Mummie

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 07, 2007, 01:37:29 PM »
I wonder if this mom really knows how many kids will say anything to get the hell out of there?  I am also curious if she knows the rate of suicide for the kids who do get out?  In the past year the rate of suicide has dramatically increased, which is something else for this mom to take a really good look at.  

Moreover, Mom sounds like she's been brainwashed, and I find it strange that she's on this site when her school bbs, and support group pretty much demands she not go here, or anywhere else that is anti-wwasp, which leads me to believe that she's got some doubts, but that's just my opinion.
quot;You can discover what your enemy fears most by observing the means he uses to frighten you.\"  -Eric Hoffer- (1902-83)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 07, 2007, 02:49:59 PM »
Quote from: ""BuzzKill""
See the kids name scrawled on the second bench? This is the bed, BTW. See it? He spent 9 months in this little room. It is not heated. He spent the winter there. The winters in Montana are a serious business.
He was brutally "restrained" and as a result needed oral surgery after he was finely brought home.  You can read about this in his father's sworn testimony, in federal court, in the WWASP V PURE transcripts.

No, it's not a bed. It was a place to sit. Hasn't been there for six years. Not heated? Yet the the kid also claimed he burned himself on the heater in that room. And why did the school provide documents that the kid was actually there only about four months? And why did the dad never mention the kid didn't go home (his dad didn't want him home), but to another program--where he later developed oral problems because of decay, not abuse. Buzz, you have bought into the BS and don't even try to get to the truth anymore.

Offline Mummie

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 07, 2007, 03:07:14 PM »
why did the school provide documents that the kid was actually there only about four months
 So 4 months is alright with you?  You have got to be kidding?
quot;You can discover what your enemy fears most by observing the means he uses to frighten you.\"  -Eric Hoffer- (1902-83)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 07, 2007, 03:51:09 PM »
Wow.

And this is what they come up with as a defense?

It's like they're so mired in child abuse they can't even remember what they're supposed to tell the parents anymore.

Offline BuzzKill

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 07, 2007, 04:27:48 PM »
No, it's not a bed. It was a place to sit. Hasn't been there for six years. Not heated? Yet the the kid also claimed he burned himself on the heater in that room. And why did the school provide documents that the kid was actually there only about four months? And why did the dad never mention the kid didn't go home (his dad didn't want him home), but to another program--where he later developed oral problems because of decay, not abuse. Buzz, you have bought into the BS and don't even try to get to the truth anymore.

And you know all this How?

Isn't that top shelf a bit high for a chair? However, There is no place to sit, except the floor, or that shelf they call a bed.  

Plenty of kids have attested to the fact there is no heat in the hobbit. The father testified that the boy's orange froze before he could eat it. A radiator burn would have occurred elsewhere. The boy's face was damaged in a violent take down, where his feet were pulled out from under him - His front teeth did die - because they were broken off under the gum, in that take down - according to his father's in sworn testimony, in Federal court.  

If the program could prove that was perjured testimony - don't you think they would - and in court - not an internet forum  - especially not one they claim is full of lying manipulators?

This father also spoke of how he had been convinced he must trust the program; until a staff person called him on the QT and told him he needed to go get his son. That was when he learned what a mistake it is to trust the program.

You can hear him for yourself, if you'll watch the Montana PBS documentary: Whose Watching the Kids.  I find the man extremely credible.  You on the other hand - guest - I find to be a program mouthpiece - with far greater motivation to lie than this father ever had.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 08, 2007, 02:01:33 PM »
I did not know I was not allowd on here.  I appreciate all the concerns and information regaurding the school and their tactics.  
Actually my daughter told her sister she is not ready to come yet, said she does not feel she needs to graduate the program, but she is getting caught up with her school work, went in with 1 credit now she is a sophmore.  She has pretty much told me that she only wants to catch up on her education and is not going to work the program, says she likes the lower levels better then the upper levels and when she catches up on her school she wants to come home.
She also said she has a drug problem, and needs more time being away from all her old friends, her user buddies.  She says that the place sucks but she does feel safe there.
 The program wants us to leave her there until she "completes" the program, for the best chance of success. But I am not convinced that it is in her best interest to stay up there until she completes "their" program.  
Thanks for all the enlightenment, you do have me thinking and it is easy to get caught up in the propaganda, even yours.  But I have decided to pretty much listen to what my daughter thinks is best for her, now that she is SOBER.  Preprogram she thought it would be best to drop out of high school live on the streets and "spange" (do you have any spare change)to get drug money.  So I can not be totally against the program.  Keeping her there until she is 18 and then having her exit and hating us forever though is not an option.  That I get, thank you.

Offline Pitbull Mom

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 08, 2007, 02:44:17 PM »
Quote from: ""SCL Mom""
I am still here.
 I am and always be her mother.  I did not send her away to "get rid" of her.  She was a beautiful free spirited young lady who got into something way over her head.  
I will not apollogise for not being okay with a kid who comes and goes as she please, and hangs out with homeless kids and homeless adults because they are fun to party with.  The "homeless" kids she was hanging out with by the way all had homes and families but choose to be "squatters" (you know just spend the night here and there, eat your food and use your phone and computer for my space, ask to borrow money, but don't pay for anything.).  Apparently these kids knew homeless adults, basically 20 and 30'ish year old men who like to party and get drunk and high with teenagers out in the desert and occassionally in cheap hotel rooms probably because the teenagers are young and cute and could get money; some how?  Scary shit for a mom to deal with.  Scary enough that I chose to send my very much loved about daughter to SCL.
I do however have an open mind, and I am considering what you have to say.

SCL Mom - PLEASE listen to me. My 14 year old son is DEAD.
He died 3 months ago at Youth Care, one of the best rated facilites, no "known" abuse violations, licensed and all that baloney. I would give my right arm, and my left, right now to drive to Utah, and pick him up and bring him home, even if he ended up going back to Juvenile Hall. I beg you, go get your daughter. Like you, I felt like I had no other option. My son was arrested twice for assaulting me, was sleeping with a knife under his mattress, and scaring the hell out of me and my daughter. No local agencies could help me. If I had to do it over again, I would let him sit in Juvenile Hall. I was afraid I was going to lose custody of my beautiful son. I was told he was going to end up homeless or killing someone. Instead I lost him entirely. feel free to create a user account and PM me, I would be happy to share my experience with you. Don't let these folks scare you off fornits. keep reading. They have something valid to share.  Please don't give up on your daughter. If you leave her there, she may hate you for the rest of your life. Or, like my little angel, could end up not surviving at all. Read this and contact me. I'll give you my phone number, and we can talk. I know the scary shit you've been through, I lived a nightmare for years, and then lost my husband last year, and had to deal with it as a single, grief stricken mom. I was not OK with my son's behavior, but I'm really not OK that he died because some one thought he was faking, and he died without having his mom there to take care of him. I know he loved me, but I will never know what his final thoughts were during his last several hours of being ignored.
http://http://www.brendanblum.blogspot.com/

PLEASE, GO GET YOUR DAUGHTER. You obviously care about her. Go get her and tell her you love her, and will do whatever it takes, but keep her close and HUG her. I will never ever forget the last hug I gave my son in the airport, telling him to "get with the program" and earn his way back home. The next time I saw him was in the morgue.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2007, 04:23:10 PM by Guest »
Pitbull Mom

Offline hanzomon4

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 08, 2007, 03:57:18 PM »
SCL Mom from what I've heard the education at SCL is garbage, truly the credits won't apply. From what I understand they just take test, that's basically it. Kids can hop grades in a matter of months, think about that. Does anyone have any recent information(or links) about SCL education? I know another WWASPS program in New York was sued by the State for providing bunk education and most folks coming out of WWASPSs cite the education as bunk.
i]Do something real, however, small. And don\'t-- don\'t diss the political things, but understand their limitations - Grace Lee Boggs[/i]
I do see the present and the future of our children as very dark. But I trust the people\'s capacity for reflection, rage, and rebellion - Oscar Olivera

Howto]

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 10, 2007, 09:43:05 PM »
Quote from: ""BuzzKill""

And you know all this How?

Isn't that top shelf a bit high for a chair? However, There is no place to sit, except the floor, or that shelf they call a bed.  

Plenty of kids have attested to the fact there is no heat in the hobbit. The father testified that the boy's orange froze before he could eat it. A radiator burn would have occurred elsewhere. The boy's face was damaged in a violent take down, where his feet were pulled out from under him - His front teeth did die - because they were broken off under the gum, in that take down - according to his father's in sworn testimony, in Federal court.  

If the program could prove that was perjured testimony - don't you think they would - and in court - not an internet forum  - especially not one they claim is full of lying manipulators?

This father also spoke of how he had been convinced he must trust the program; until a staff person called him on the QT and told him he needed to go get his son. That was when he learned what a mistake it is to trust the program.

You can hear him for yourself, if you'll watch the Montana PBS documentary: Whose Watching the Kids.  I find the man extremely credible.  You on the other hand - guest - I find to be a program mouthpiece - with far greater motivation to lie than this father ever had.

The boy was at the school four months, not in the Intervention Room. There are documents that attest to this. You'll note that the father also lamented the amount he'd spent, but as it turns out, he had exaggerated that by several times, too. The staff person who called him was the director, who had been urging the dad to remove the boy for several weeks before the school finally threatened to call child protection. The boy was more or less abandoned by his father, who, you might also note, never took this to court for any kind of damages. Apparently, he enjoys the drama of his exaggerations too much to set them before lega scrutiny. The dental records even note that the teeth were not missing, but rife with decay and cavities.

You can read many of these for yourself, if you'll look at the response to the documentary---nine pages of inaccuracies that PBS knew about, and saw documented. Not the least of those is pertinent to your question regarding the school pressing a claim of perjury by the dad: since the school was not a party to that case, and was not even aware it was coming up, there was no valid format for them to force him to tell the truth.

I know all this because, unlike you, I went to the trouble to read the documents, question PBS, and go see for myself. The truth is often much less titillating than Fornits would like, but it ought to at least get a hearing now and then. Maybe that's why PBS has put out 4 different versions of "Who's Watching the Kids," each one tweaked a bit to keep them out of the courts . . .

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 10, 2007, 09:48:55 PM »
Quote from: ""hanzomon4""
SCL Mom from what I've heard the education at SCL is garbage, truly the credits won't apply. From what I understand they just take test, that's basically it. Kids can hop grades in a matter of months, think about that. Does anyone have any recent information(or links) about SCL education? I know another WWASPS program in New York was sued by the State for providing bunk education and most folks coming out of WWASPSs cite the education as bunk.

SCL just completed the accreditation renewal--a four month process. In ten years, they have never had a student go on to another school and have their credits denied, high school or college. When SCL kids joined local public HS kids for standardized testing, the SCL kids scored an average of 8% higher. It was in the local paper.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Program v. Anti Program
« Reply #44 on: October 11, 2007, 01:56:14 AM »
Dear Anti "Program" people,

First, a question.  Are all "programs" bad, like NA, AA, CA, OA, "the Premier Program"?  Or is there a difference between the Premier program and the others?

In reading the posts I have been thinking about some stuff.  I understand that there have been casualties at the programs but do you know what happens in Jails and Mental Institutions on a daily basis?  Most of these kids end up in those places if their parents do not intervene and employ drastic measures to take their child out of a very destructive environment.

At least these kids are getting some kind of discipline and training at the "program"  at jail and Youth Authority (A.k.a. "Gladiator camp" for the young gang members) they get no training or help and no push in the positive direction.

I would much rather my kid be in a program with rules and consequences than in solitary confinement at a prison.  It is tragic and sad that some kids get sick and some die, I can not even imagine the pain that those parents have been through  and I am not trying to minimize their pain and suffering because it is real and very horrible to have to go through.  But, these things, tragic and preventable deaths, happen far more often in jails, prisons and mental institutions than they do in programs like this.    I know that should something happen to my child in a program I would go ballistic and I would be on here too telling people how terrible the program is.  It is terrible but the truth is that tragedies strike all the time, everywhere!

It is too bad that there is not some nice place, that is free, that everyone can agree on, that will teach our spoiled rotten and entitled children to deal with their feelings without using drugs, joining gangs, or resorting to violence. Unfortunately there is no such place and if there were these kids would work the system and destroy it so quick it would make your head spin.

What do you propose?  Take the kids home, let them torture their brothers and sisters, let them kill themselves with drugs and alcohol, drive by shootings and other gang activities? Let them disrespect their parents and not follow the rules of the house?  Let them break everything when they get mad?

It is a sad situation and it is true for the most part that the parents create these monsters by not enforcing rules and boundries until it is too late.  Many parents want their kids to have what they did not have and give them too much, the kids do not have a work ethic or any sense of respect of responsibility.

What is wrong with a program that teaches them these things?  Drastic times call for drastic measures!  IS there another alternative that will work?

Can you show me kids who have been "pulled" from the schools who are successful in their lives today or are they all so "traumatized" from their time at the program?  The graduates I know from the programs are shining examples of the program and they are successful...Even long term success is achieved by program grads.   The stories of the victims would make me not want to pull my child because I would be afraid she would be stuck in the blame game for the rest of her life and she would never accept responsibility for her actions.  At least if I had a child there I would keep her there so she would be totally "brainwashed" so she could have a chance at a nice life like so many graduates have.

I like to look at all sides to the issue, and realize that there are concerns, and you are right that it seems as if there are a lot of program people do not like to have their people looking at the anti program stuff....and it makes me suspicious too!  At first I thought that it was about money, if people looked at the anti program stuff then they would have a knee jerk reaction and pull their kid and it would affect the schools financially.  Now I understand that it is more than that, when someone who has decided to put their child in the school and gets scared and apprehensive and thinks that they have acted too fast or without the proper amount of thought and they get to the anti program stuff and react by pulling their kid it affects everyone.  It affects the other kids who will not get pulled, it makes them think that they too will be able to talk themselves out of the program, it makes the whole structure weaker when parents act rashly and put their kids in and out.  Putting a child into a school like this is not a decision people should take lightly and it seems to me that that is the case, they do act rashly.  Either that or they run out of money and look for ways to rationalize taking their child out.  "It is not a good place for my child after all..."  if they read the anti program stuff when they are running out of cash, they are missing their child, they are a little weirded out by the whole program thing it is easy to look at the propaganda and take the child back home.  ..

So, I do   not know what the solution is to this problem.  Even if the program really sucks and is bad for the kids what is one to do with their kid who is out of control?  

Maybe instead of bashing the program a better way for you anti program people to accomplish your goals would be to offer a realistic alternative that just pull the kid and deal with it.  A lot of people do not want to deal with the kid, or the kid will go to jail.  It is a tough situation.

Anyone got any ideas?  :cry: