Author Topic: Any info on Boulder Creek Academy in Bonners Ferry, Idaho?  (Read 26942 times)

Offline Kazuhite

• View Profile
Re: Any info on Boulder Creek Academy in Bonners Ferry, Idaho?
« Reply #75 on: July 09, 2008, 05:05:59 PM »
Oh lord, I know. I never got any of their programs or work assignments once, but when I asked to be moved up peer groups to go on a home visit, it never happened while other people who got into lots of trouble were moved up and therefore, able to go home sooner, or go on longer home visits. The whole program is a game of favorites. If you take it in the ass and smile, you get the best.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline dishdutyfugitive

• View Profile
    • http://www.foxmovies.com/fightclub/
« Reply #76 on: July 11, 2008, 12:48:05 AM »
masturbated in lotion?

There was an agreement against this?

You were there for more than 6 months and never did a work detail?

Odds are you that you got pulled for a handful of significant reasons. Financial, emotional, etc. Getting pulled , "so you could go back for your senior year" is far fetched...... That would be like saying the US pulled out of Iraq because our camoflouge shirts didn't blend as well as expected with the Iraqi sand.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #77 on: July 11, 2008, 06:47:33 PM »
Quote from: "Kazuhite"
Oh lord, I know. I never got any of their programs or work assignments once, but when I asked to be moved up peer groups to go on a home visit, it never happened while other people who got into lots of trouble were moved up and therefore, able to go home sooner, or go on longer home visits. The whole program is a game of favorites. If you take it in the ass and smile, you get the best.
You did not give them enough to move up.

Program with levels and something to earn function by you giving them something and then you receive something. When you just take what they give you and behave nicely even if the orders are wrong and unfair, you destroy the program. See Parent info - Child already placed.

You were in this situation: You wanted a home visit. You have two choices.

1) Confess to something and exaggerate. Use the other kids as inspiration regardless of the fact that you have not done it.
2) Behave nicely.

Doing the first will give you the home visit. Doing the second will make the staff believe that you are either withholding something from them or having a low IQ.

So you choosed the first thing and it did cost you shortterm but you won longterm, because by confessing you would have justified the need for you to stay in the program. You didn't and properly they program gave your parents two options:

1) A more restrictive program. The owners have Provo Canyon School for that
2) Giving your parents a tale about you being partly cured of ODD, which is a sickness all teenagers suffer from, so you could return home for a transsion period. They properly also told your parents to sell the news in the nices way. "Returning home for your senior year" sounds so nice.

I hope that a lot of teenagers learn to live by your methods in the programs and just shut up and live by the rules. It will destroy the programs, but as your President candidat McCain has stated "Everyone has a breaking point. I had reached mine."

I dont know why you were there but if you at some point were hoping to be treated for something, programs is not the place. A hospital could have made it, but not a program. You cannot mix education and treatment.

BTW. I saw your other thread and noticed that your parents used an ed-con. One time in the future ask your parents if they know how many percents she got from the program. Normally their advices are not given based on kids like your needs, but rather by who is paying them. See this case about a similar "school" once marketed together with your Idaho "school".

The belated disclosure of the relationship between Dr. Conway and MBA has engendered bitter recriminations by the District.  I have neither the authority nor the knowledge to determine whether Dr. Conway’s conduct in this matter violated any ethical constraints applicable to school psychologists.  At best, what happened resulted from a failure by Dr. Conway to be scrupulously careful in disclosing his affiliation with MBA, and (with hindsight) a failure by Ms. Andrea Hungerford to be scrupulously careful in inquiring about Dr. Conway’s affiliations.  Although I denied the District’s motion to bar Dr. Conway’s testimony and strike “those portions of his evaluation and report regarding recommended placement for J. J.,” in evaluating the weight of Dr. Conway’s opinions I have taken note of his ongoing association with MBA. I do not consider him a neutral witness.

Enjoy your senior year. You have certainly earned it.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #78 on: July 13, 2008, 01:20:36 AM »
Quote from: "dishdutyfugitive"
masturbated in lotion?

There was an agreement against this?

You were there for more than 6 months and never did a work detail?

Odds are you that you got pulled for a handful of significant reasons. Financial, emotional, etc. Getting pulled , "so you could go back for your senior year" is far fetched...... That would be like saying the US pulled out of Iraq because our camoflouge shirts didn't blend as well as expected with the Iraqi sand.

No, that was at wilderness.

But really, it was for my senior year. My parents are fine financially, and emotionally. But, because I am 4 months away from 18 and already told them that I'm coming home, and they don't have any reason for extended custody, they took me home.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #79 on: July 13, 2008, 01:22:02 AM »
Oh, and basically, yes, I naver had a work assignment as a consequence. Of course I was on farm, but the only time I was ever on one was because they didn't put me in study hall after I got back from the dentist on community service day.

Offline dishdutyfugitive

• View Profile
« Reply #80 on: July 13, 2008, 03:12:30 AM »
Ahhhh ha - a younger/middle school student 4 months from 18 is the significant factor here.

If I were a parent and had a kid who was there less than a year and would probably split on their 18th (<120 days) I'd pull them asap.

That's approximately $18k not pissed down the drain.

"work details because they didn't put me in study hall after I got back from the dentist on community service day."
I don't understand - please clarify...

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #81 on: July 20, 2008, 04:32:47 AM »
Quote from: "Kazuhite1"
Oh, and basically, yes, I naver had a work assignment as a consequence. Of course I was on farm, but the only time I was ever on one was because they didn't put me in study hall after I got back from the dentist on community service day.

um, the only people I knew that managed to avoid work assignments the entire time they were there were the people that kissed the staff's ass, broke, and snitched on everyone left and right. judging from all your posts, this seems to describe you pretty well.

Offline AuntieEm2

• View Profile
« Reply #82 on: July 20, 2008, 11:22:42 AM »
Easy now. Everyone's circumstances are different, and program survivors are not at fault.

Auntie Em
Tough love is a hate group.
"I have sworn...eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man." -Thomas Jefferson.

Offline Kazuhite

• View Profile
« Reply #83 on: July 20, 2008, 10:24:03 PM »
Quote from: "hmmm"
Quote from: "Kazuhite1"

um, the only people I knew that managed to avoid work assignments the entire time they were there were the people that kissed the staff's ass, broke, and snitched on everyone left and right. judging from all your posts, this seems to describe you pretty well.

And your problem with me is...? I'm curious to know how you got to that conclusion. Really, I had better things to do then snitch on my friends OR kiss staff's ass. Everyone knew how much I disliked the program, and thought it was bullshit. And I've filed my fair share of grievances.

Hey, I can understand where you are coming from, but as AuntieEm said, we all have different circumstances. For BCA now, if you keep a low profile, you can get away from consequences alot.

Offline dniceo7

• View Profile
« Reply #84 on: July 20, 2008, 10:37:45 PM »
Sorry, but I'm with the guest on this one. I have a very hard time believing you never picked up a work assignment here or a program there or a restriction here. Just doesn't happen at that school unless you really were a junior staff like you claim you weren't. I wasn't there too long ago and I've been in touch with people in and around the program...it hasn't changed THAT much...
I don\'t look at myself in the mirror because I\'m a narcissist, I simply like to watch myself exist...

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #85 on: July 21, 2008, 12:11:36 AM »
I am sorry too, but I am trying to understand something here. I live in a country where we are trained in public schools to be hostage by groups, which hate our way of living. The basic rules for surviving and not being singled out for execution are:

1) Do not attract attention
2) Lower your head, no eye-contact and appear inferior
3) Talk only when impossible not to. When answering be polite and inferior

What would happen if a teenager basically behave as the staff's floor cloth?

Offline stina

• View Profile
« Reply #86 on: July 21, 2008, 02:51:06 PM »
Quote from: "dishdutyfugitive"
Getting pulled , "so you could go back for your senior year" is far fetched...... That would be like saying the US pulled out of Iraq because our camoflouge shirts didn't blend as well as expected with the Iraqi sand.

LOL. that's hilarious DD. i agree tho, there had to have been something deeper going on there.
I used to be Snow White but I drifted.

Offline stina

• View Profile
« Reply #87 on: July 21, 2008, 03:15:56 PM »
Quote from: "dniceo7"
Sorry, but I'm with the guest on this one. I have a very hard time believing you never picked up a work assignment here or a program there or a restriction here. Just doesn't happen at that school unless you really were a junior staff like you claim you weren't. I wasn't there too long ago and I've been in touch with people in and around the program...it hasn't changed THAT much...

ok, let's hold on a second. this is either one of two things, either he's telling us the truth and managed to pretty much fly under the radar or he's lying. either way, shouldn't we err on the side of caution with something like this? there should be some way to prove or disprove that he's being honest, and until we know for sure we shouldn't be saying things like this...

...especially when the person who said that signed on as GUEST. If this kid's for real then he needs our support. he doesn't need some dick who won't even sign on post mean shit about him. i don't know, someone brought this thread to my attention and i just think there's a need for a little more caution. i was at RMA in the early 90's and back then, ya it was pretty unrealistic that you'd get through that much of the program without incurring the wrath of at least one of the staff. But these days, who the fuck knows what's going on at that place. All I'm saying is that if he's for real it's pretty fucked up to attack and isolate, especially here. one girl's opinion.

Although if he is a troll, and there's significant evidence, we can lynch him.

Dniceo, what have you heard from the people you know who are still in and around the program?
I used to be Snow White but I drifted.

Offline dishdutyfugitive

• View Profile
« Reply #88 on: July 21, 2008, 10:40:11 PM »
Let's hug it out people.

1. I should have qualified and said back in the 80's/90's era you couldn't go for more than a few months without getting a work assignment for some ridiculous reason like not talking enough in your last rap or taking 6 minute showers.

2. I'm not trying to calling this person out. I got no beef with him.  I'm just curious.

3. Pointing fingers at other students for the behaviour at CEDU is asinine. (That's like 'pulling someone up' at an orgy).  We were all  a bunch of guinea pigs getting cattle-prodded by wannabe demented teen saviours. That's hardly an environment where people made good choices or were thinking straight. That's not to say that some kids there didn't bug the shit out of me. However, I attributed those kid's irritating behavior to to them and them alone. This, "hey you were a  program look good", "you're a snitch" shit is such wannabe prison horsecrap.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2008, 10:50:39 PM by dishdutyfugitive »

Offline Kazuhite

• View Profile
« Reply #89 on: July 22, 2008, 03:12:18 PM »
*sigh* It really isn't that hard to not get work assignments nowadays at BCA. There are quite a few other kids who have never gotten them but who have been at the school longer than I have. You just have to stay under the radar, and follow the rules when staff is watching. Yeah, it sucks to have to take it in the ass and smile sometimes, but to survive in a place like that, you have to play by their rules, not your own. I kissed ass, yeah, but it's not like I was bending over backwards for staff members either.

Frankly, compared to what I've heard of old BCA and other boarding schools, now this one is pretty tame. As long as you aren't on anyone's bad side, it's easy to not get work assignments. At least that's what I've found.