Author Topic: Any info on Boulder Creek Academy in Bonners Ferry, Idaho?  (Read 26925 times)

Offline Kazuhite

• View Profile
Re: Any info on Boulder Creek Academy in Bonners Ferry, Idaho?
« Reply #60 on: February 22, 2008, 04:30:25 PM »
I'm off campus right now, on a visit. My parents don't really care if I am on the internet.

And BCA does NOT have unlimited web access on their computers. Recently, since the new Tech Guy Adam came in, it got even more strict.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Baby Cakes

• View Profile
« Reply #61 on: February 22, 2008, 09:15:24 PM »
Quote from: "Kazuhite"
I'm off campus right now, on a visit. My parents don't really care if I am on the internet.

And BCA does NOT have unlimited web access on their computers. Recently, since the new Tech Guy Adam came in, it got even more strict.

Hey, so there are a bunch of us here who went to RMA in the 90's (BCA now, same campus, different owners). I'm sure we're all super curious as to daily life there now. I know I am...I was on their website recently and saw all the educational courses they offer...when I was there I received science credits for working at the farm and digging out the pond down there. And didn't attend one class until I'd been there for well over a year. Plus I'm sure our raps and your raps, and our propheets and your propheets are completely different animals at this point...do you guys still have wilderness trips? I'd LOVE to hear anything you can tell us about life there. How long have you been there? Is it still a 2 and 1/2 year program? Is everything still super touchy feely and emotional, or have they moved away from that aspect at all? How did you find out about fornits?

1993 Grad

Offline Baby Cakes

• View Profile
Re: BCA parents letter
« Reply #62 on: February 22, 2008, 09:23:49 PM »
Quote from: "d7"
...kay short's technical writing development expertise combined with doug marshall's "professional" photography expertise for a photojournalism experience??? I'd rather take ballet lessons from barry bonds.

That's some funny shit.  Well put d7. I went to BCA's website recently and could not believe the academic courses they say are available to their students. In fact, I may go copy and paste it here for everyone's enjoyment.

Offline Baby Cakes

• View Profile
« Reply #63 on: February 22, 2008, 09:31:59 PM »
Well, cancel that, if I posted every single class and description they say is available, I'd take up at least five pages here and would surely receive some serious hate mail...so I'll just post the link to all the "academia" they offer.

http://www.bouldercreekacademy.net/curr ... ings.shtml

Enjoy! Feel free to chime in once you've stopped laughing.

Offline Kazuhite

• View Profile
« Reply #64 on: February 23, 2008, 08:37:36 AM »
Well, daily life is as follows:

We wake up at 6:30 AM, and have half an hour to get dressed and shower. Then we go up to the East Campus (previously NWA) and eat breakfast at the dining hall. Usually substandard at best. Then, we go down to the main house (Quixote Lodge) and get our meds, then go to groups (no longer called raps). There are a few different ones, all run by the therapists. Then we go to classes until 12:30, and then go back up for  substandard lunch, and then go back for one more period of classes, and then PE. We then go back to our dorms and shill there until 5, where we go back up again and have a, yeah, you guessed it, sub-substandard dinner. Then we clean Quixote, and then either do homework or have another "activity" layed out for us, until we go to bed at 9:15.

On the weekends, we also might be allowed to watch movies! Isn't that super?!

Propheets are now called workshops, and they still try to brainwash you. I don't even take them seriously. I've been through the Truth and Childrens, and both were just day long sessions of what I tell myself and "what I really am" (Truth/Lie, Childish/like).

The staff is still fascist, using child labor as a solution to all of life's problems.

I've been there for about 8 months now. There are still wilderness trips, like Brother's Quest, and a few other trips.

And I suppose it is pretty touchy feely, but my parents made an effort not to send me to a school like that (one in Pasadena, CA was like that... >_>)

And now the program is about 20-24 months. Luckily, I won't be graduating there unless my parents get extended custody.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #65 on: February 23, 2008, 04:47:04 PM »
Quote from: "Kazuhite"
Well, daily life is as follows:

We wake up at 6:30 AM, and have half an hour to get dressed and shower. Then we go up to the East Campus (previously NWA) and eat breakfast at the dining hall. Usually substandard at best. Then, we go down to the main house (Quixote Lodge) and get our meds, then go to groups (no longer called raps). There are a few different ones, all run by the therapists. Then we go to classes until 12:30, and then go back up for  substandard lunch, and then go back for one more period of classes, and then PE. We then go back to our dorms and shill there until 5, where we go back up again and have a, yeah, you guessed it, sub-substandard dinner. Then we clean Quixote, and then either do homework or have another "activity" layed out for us, until we go to bed at 9:15.

On the weekends, we also might be allowed to watch movies! Isn't that super?!

Propheets are now called workshops, and they still try to brainwash you. I don't even take them seriously. I've been through the Truth and Childrens, and both were just day long sessions of what I tell myself and "what I really am" (Truth/Lie, Childish/like).

The staff is still fascist, using child labor as a solution to all of life's problems.

I've been there for about 8 months now. There are still wilderness trips, like Brother's Quest, and a few other trips.

And I suppose it is pretty touchy feely, but my parents made an effort not to send me to a school like that (one in Pasadena, CA was like that... >_>)

And now the program is about 20-24 months. Luckily, I won't be graduating there unless my parents get extended custody.

so raps...sorry, groups are every morning for 2-3 hours or so? do they still have it on that 10 week block system for classes? sounds like you can only take 2 classes at once...so how does anyone actually get a diploma there? when I was there, your only option was to get into "zero period" classes as early as possible...hope to hell not to lose an entire 10-week's worth of classes if a restriction lands you on the farm during classes. and even then it was pretty much impossible.

therapists are running raps? so not the program staff or team leaders or heidi vandykens or any of them... just therapists? are the program staff still in love with their little mindgames? how many times have you heard the words accountability and manipulation in the last 8 months? hahaha is sam zug still there? has doug marshall started intentionally deepening his voice or does he still sound like a 6 year old boy? ok that's it man sorry for all the questions.

no, no I have one more:

are panhandler pies and joel's burritos still in sandpoint?

Offline AuntieEm2

• View Profile
« Reply #66 on: February 23, 2008, 08:28:44 PM »
Hey, Kazuhite,

As you might guess, we don't hear much from current students, so I really appreciate what you have to say. How much longer will your home visit last? We're kind of bombarding you with questions...sorry.

I've read a lot of people's stories here about being at BCA, NWA, Ascent and RMA. I don't know your situation, but I want you to know there are a bunch of us here that care deeply. Please hear this and tell the other students: You are not invisible. No teen should be placed in a facility like this, far from home and separated from friends and family, without some say in the matter, or a process for appealing the decision.

I won't speak for the others about their experiences.  But for me, it's been just awful having our niece gone and not being able to see her, talk to her, tell her that we love her and believe in her, to tell her she could come live with us.

So please take care of yourself. I hope you have some people in your life outside of BCA who can be there for you. Trust your own thoughts and opinions, and don't let them take that away from you.

Auntie Em
Tough love is a hate group.
"I have sworn...eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man." -Thomas Jefferson.

Offline AuntieEm2

• View Profile
« Reply #67 on: February 23, 2008, 08:50:44 PM »
Kazuhite1 wrote:
I'm a current student at BCA, and it's been really funny seeing how much of this stuff is the same. I saw a list of the people who work here, and only one has changed, Theresa Thompkins (or something like that). Timms, Wilson, Daskivich, Meiwald and Johnson still work here.

It still runs off of child labor, too.

Beleive me, this place is run by anal retentive, bipolar Nazis who will do anything to make parents beleive that it is for their kids' good, when it is a crock of crap.

My apologies, Kazuhite, I just realized that you are the same person who posted in late December. Did you tell your parents back then that you didn't want to go back? What's it like trying to explain it to them?

Take care,

Auntie Em
"I have sworn...eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man." -Thomas Jefferson.

Offline Baby Cakes

• View Profile
« Reply #68 on: February 24, 2008, 01:45:17 PM »
Quixote Lodge. LOL. Yep still sounds about the same, except that they're making you go to class more. Where the hell is Quixote Lodge though, is that the main building where administration is, and the classrooms, by the lower parking lot? You guys have to clean that place daily? If it's the building I'm thinking of it used to be called Emerson, and we had to clean it on Saturdays. You should tell your parents to check this forum out.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #69 on: February 24, 2008, 09:09:51 PM »
Quote from: "Baby Cakes"
Quixote Lodge. LOL. Yep still sounds about the same, except that they're making you go to class more. Where the hell is Quixote Lodge though, is that the main building where administration is, and the classrooms, by the lower parking lot? You guys have to clean that place daily? If it's the building I'm thinking of it used to be called Emerson, and we had to clean it on Saturdays. You should tell your parents to check this forum out.

I'm pretty sure Quixote Lodge is the boomerang-shaped building on the new campus? if you were at RMA in the early nineties, the Quixote Lodge I think Kaz is talking about wouldn't even have been built yet. if I'm understanding him, it sounds like everyone is up on the old RMA campus (now called BCA?) at night and then heads down to the "east campus", which was BCA in the late nineties/early '00s and then became NWA and is now whatever the hell it is. the old rma campus (where emerson still is) is such a better campus, not that it really matters...they both suck.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #70 on: July 07, 2008, 12:17:02 AM »
Well, I was finally pulled so I could go back home for my senior year.

It really takes finally being out of that place to realize what a load of crap it is... I feel so lost since I got back home, because I have to reconnect with friends I barely have talked to in a year, and I haven't even gotten my permit yet... @_@

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #71 on: July 07, 2008, 04:21:05 AM »
Quote from: "Kazuhite1"

It really takes finally being out of that place to realize what a load of crap it is... I feel so lost since I got back home, because I have to reconnect with friends I barely have talked to in a year, and I haven't even gotten my permit yet... @_@
I am happy that you were pulled.

I am afraid that you will find it difficult to make other people understand how these places function. Not even your parent will understand it fully because they have been subjected to marketing developed for more than 30 years.

I will recommend that you take a look on the wiki pages of Boulder Creek Academy and join a myspace group of survivors.

If you find errors or missing info on the wiki page, please inform me at wr(a)secretprisonsforteens.dk, so it can be corrected.

BTW. Most of these facilities demand a wilderness before entering the facility because they want broken kids to work with. Were you forced through such a program and did your parents make the drive to this place by themselves or did they use a Transport?

Offline AuntieEm2

• View Profile
« Reply #72 on: July 07, 2008, 10:08:51 AM »

Yes! Welcome back, Kazuhite. So glad to hear you are out of there.

What can we do to help and support you? Do you have someone in your life you can talk to, like a friend, cousin, neighbor, teacher, coach, brother or sister (or auntie, of course)? I would feel better if you were connected to someone who knows and understands what you went through. It sounds like being with your old friends is a bit difficult.

Be well, K. May you have a wonderful life ahead.

AuntieEm

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #73 on: July 07, 2008, 04:45:18 PM »
Yeah, I was sent to Second Nature in Bend, Oregon by transporters. Ironically, I was one of the best behaved kids, but other kids (like ones who stole food and masturbated in lotion) got out in less time then I had, with the staff knowing about it too.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #74 on: July 08, 2008, 01:24:05 AM »
Quote from: "Kazuhite1"
Yeah, I was sent to Second Nature in Bend, Oregon by transporters. Ironically, I was one of the best behaved kids, but other kids (like ones who stole food and masturbated in lotion) got out in less time then I had, with the staff knowing about it too.
That's because you gave them reason to suspect that you hide something for them. They can only "cure" what they see.

I have spoken with several professionels who treat criminal youth (convicted in court) in my country. All claim that even youth who have killed others will seem as the nices kids the first 14 days if they got a brain. But professionels can not deal with nice kids, so normally they just wait and see what happens.

When you continued to behave they properly thought that you kept a lay to protect yourself, so they had to wait longer.

I am also happy that you are out.

Rotsne