Author Topic: Three Springs New Beginnings  (Read 2055 times)

Offline pineacres

• View Profile
Three Springs New Beginnings
« on: October 12, 2007, 05:17:47 PM »
I'm wondering if anyone has info about this program, its in Alabama.  My daughter's friend was sent there and I'm concerned.  Thanks.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Che Gookin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2007, 06:08:10 AM »
My apologies in the tardiness of my response. I'm currently on vacation in Vietnam and sometimes loose track of what is going on.

Take a look at this link:

http://http://tswaygookin.wordpress.com/

I don't know anything about New Beginnings but I do know something about Three Springs in general.

Offline pineacres

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2007, 03:58:12 PM »
No apology necessary.  A vacation in Vietnam sounds amazing.

So I suppose that there is no reason to assume that New Beginnings is any different from the other Three Springs programs.  Ugh.

Offline Che Gookin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2007, 02:31:35 AM »
You need to take into consideration the entire culture of the company. The people that run it are the same sorts of people who used to be counselors back in the day when their were less goverment oversite than the miniscule amount that exists today.

At heart Three Springs was founded to be a money making enterprise. Growth of the company has been geared at buying up other programs and launching new programmes.

What you had a few years back was a massive growth of the company and then the 9/11 fiasco nearly cut the bottom right out of their market leaving them having to scrape for new students. This affected the over all quality of care for the kids, the quality of staff, and the saftey of everyone involved.

Particularly it demonstrated that Three Springs was willing to compromise on such things to maintain a positive cash flow.

You are very wise to be alarmed.