Poll

Do you think this tv show borders on abuse and neglect?

yes
3 (100%)
no
0 (0%)
maybe, but the kids are really smart
0 (0%)
maybe, but only cuz the parents are dumb
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Voting closes: June 07, 2045, 10:04:14 PM

Author Topic: KidNation -CBS reality show  (Read 2488 times)

Offline mbnh31782

• View Profile
    • http://www.perverted-justice.com
KidNation -CBS reality show
« on: September 19, 2007, 09:32:07 PM »
Anyone have any thoughts on kidnation?  I think it borders on neglect and abuse of children
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline hanzomon4

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2007, 09:55:04 PM »
Yes from what I've seen and read, but I refuse to watch it. I'm not going to contribute to child abuse. I'm not saying others shouldn't watch it, this is just one of those things I personally refuse to accept.
i]Do something real, however, small. And don\'t-- don\'t diss the political things, but understand their limitations - Grace Lee Boggs[/i]
I do see the present and the future of our children as very dark. But I trust the people\'s capacity for reflection, rage, and rebellion - Oscar Olivera

Howto]

Offline mbnh31782

• View Profile
    • http://www.perverted-justice.com
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2007, 09:57:30 PM »
hanzomom, i watched it out of curiosity and was pretty shocked by what i saw.  Its amazing shit like this went undetected.  They took the kids for 6 weeks out of school to participate in this "program"  the parents signed an unbelieveably long waiver of rights and its incredible no child died.  There have been allegations that children drank unmarked bleach by accident during the filming of this program.

Offline hanzomon4

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2007, 10:10:46 PM »
Yeah that's what I read too. And hey if you continue to watch it keep us posted about what you see.
i]Do something real, however, small. And don\'t-- don\'t diss the political things, but understand their limitations - Grace Lee Boggs[/i]
I do see the present and the future of our children as very dark. But I trust the people\'s capacity for reflection, rage, and rebellion - Oscar Olivera

Howto]

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2007, 10:14:25 PM »
Didn't the producers read "Lord Of The Flies"?  Then again, yeah, they probably did, they just have no souls or conscience......

Offline TheWho

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2007, 10:19:19 PM »
I caught bits and pieces, I guess there was this little kid, looked like he was about 7 or 8 years old who said “I’m not going to be with my parents.  There’s no adults, and I think I’m going to die out here because there’s nothing.â€

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2007, 10:27:00 PM »
…

You're slipping, Who. That word processor is becoming more and more evident.

, I guess there was this little kid, looked like he was about 7 or 8 years old who said “I’m not going to be with my parents. There’s no adults, and I think I’m going to die out here because there’s nothing.â€

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2007, 10:28:48 PM »
Hey Who- at least THAT kid could go home when he asked!!

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 20, 2007, 10:34:21 AM »
Quote from: ""TheWho""
I am surprised they use kids in this manner…they must have child advocates of some sort on the set like they do for animals (Animal-advocacy groups) one would think.

This is the same thing program parents think about programs, it really shows their naivety and lack of responsibility.

Those are simply called parents (unknown to many program parents the state does NOT provide every child with a round-the-clock child advocate).

TheWho is not the first program parent to compare children to the family pet on fornits, he won't be the last.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 20, 2007, 10:48:43 AM »
What about Sophia, one of the lower class, she was dancing to make money so she could buy some wheels.

They are exploiting the kids and they are manipulating them.  It is all about creating conflict (challanges) between them to see how they will react and how they will deal with it.  These kids are an experiement used to sell air time.

Offline TheWho

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 20, 2007, 11:15:43 AM »
This is the same thing program parents think about programs, it really shows their naivety and lack of responsibility.

The parents I have spoken to are well aware that there are no outside advocacy groups directly associated with the schools (above and beyond what is available in the public sector, should there be?  Well, that may be a good discussion……………….

Those are simply called parents (unknown to many program parents the state does NOT provide every child with a round-the-clock child advocate).
Shows the distance you have from parents.  When and if you have children some day you will become familiar with the fact that the state does not provide any parents with round-the-clock advocacy, let alone all kids.  About 30 years ago we developed a system called CASA who advocate for abused and neglected children.  This is in place as a safety net for the kids who’s parent wont or cant step up to protect them.  These advocates represent the kids mainly in court.

TheWho is not the first program parent to compare children to the family pet on fornits, he won't be the last.

As you read a little more here you will see that it is the kids that compare conditions to that of animals, not parents.  You have it backwards.

To put into perspective my original comment….  When children are used for entertainment like Brat Camp or Kidnation the parents may not be on site to advocate for their child during the entire time (maybe they are required to, I dont know!).  But if they are not is there an agency which does this?  Similar to animal advocacy groups which oversee the handling of animals for the entertainment business.  I was a little curious if anyone knew.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 20, 2007, 11:28:44 AM »
Quote from: ""Guest""
Quote from: ""TheWho""
I am surprised they use kids in this manner…they must have child advocates of some sort on the set like they do for animals (Animal-advocacy groups) one would think.

The Who has several times refereed to his daughter as "his dog".