Poll

Did you make the Call?

Yes
0 (0%)
Not yet
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closes: June 05, 2045, 12:06:33 AM

Author Topic: Contact Representative George Miller  (Read 1118 times)

Offline hanzomon4

• View Profile
Contact Representative George Miller
« on: September 18, 2007, 10:32:43 AM »
Contact Representative George Miller and demand that the bill, that he authored, to end the abuse of teens in programs, H.R. 1738, not be turned into token legislation by the industry, and natsap, that accomplishes nothing. This bill is not the war but is a major battle. Our voices must be heard on this issue for the sake of all those who were abused and those being abused right now. The industry desperately wants to keep the status quo, dont let them.

Contact Representative George Miller and let your voice be heard.

And don't forget to contact your State's Congressmen and women and urge the passage of bill H.R. 1738
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
i]Do something real, however, small. And don\'t-- don\'t diss the political things, but understand their limitations - Grace Lee Boggs[/i]
I do see the present and the future of our children as very dark. But I trust the people\'s capacity for reflection, rage, and rebellion - Oscar Olivera

Howto]

Offline Che Gookin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2007, 06:44:31 AM »
How hard would it be to go meet the dude in person?

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2007, 09:23:43 PM »
I am putting all my hope and expectations into the lap of this man, surely I will not be let down.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2007, 11:01:51 PM »
I called George today and we had a good chat.
He told me to not worry that he has a grasp of the issue. I told him straight-up that I am not very optimistic about stopping all abusive programs.
His knowledge and understanding of the industry really put my fears to rest though. How many congressman answer an email by giving you their personal phone no.? George is a good guy, give it time, don't give up hope.

Offline try another castle

• Registered Users
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2007, 03:39:05 AM »
Here's a word of advice about writing your congressman/woman.

WRITE them. Don't email them, don't call them on the fucking phone. Actually pick up a fucking pen and some paper and write them. I swear to god, when a politician actually gets a hand-written letter they really do read them, if they are legible enough. (No crayons.) Or... there is at least a higher chance of them reading it.

Not like that will help them make up their minds about something. I am far too jaded to believe in that kind of shit.