Treatment Abuse, Behavior Modification, Thought Reform > Aspen Education Group

How it Works

<< < (2/10) > >>

TheWho:
Anne, if you notice all your reference material comes from the 1970's...your prison study was done in 1971 and doesnt even apply to a therapeutic enviornment...even if you referenced data from the late 1990's I would have to say it is outdated.

As far as the phones go I dont think anyone buys into the fact that not having phones is abusive...I would argue that giving all the kids gameboys and cell phones to use at will would be equally abusive to themselves and no one is going to hop on the phone and start telling the parents their kids are lieing to them....its an open communication enviornment....nothing would work if staff did things like that.  You have no point of refernce to argue about what goes on at ASR, you havent been there and havent had kids attend there.

Anne Bonney:

--- Quote from: ""TheWho"" ---Anne, if you notice all your reference material comes from the 1970's...your prison study was done in 1971 and doesnt even apply to a therapeutic enviornment...even if you referenced data from the late 1990's I would have to say it is outdated.

As far as the phones go I dont think anyone buys into the fact that not having phones is abusive...I would argue that giving all the kids gameboys and cell phones to use at will would be equally abusive to themselves and no one is going to hop on the phone and start telling the parents their kids are lieing to them....its an open communication enviornment....nothing would work if staff did things like that.  You have no point of refernce to argue about what goes on at ASR, you havent been there and havent had kids attend there.
--- End quote ---

Its not just "phones" themselves.  Its denying, restricting or monitoring communication between parent and child.  The fact that you keep bringing up the game boy and cell phone references smacks of the attitude that these are nothing more than spoiled kids not getting what they want.

How typically program of you.

TheWho:
Denying and restricting is just that, not allowing the kids to have a phone 24/7.
You as a parent should know this isnt healthy, kids shouldnt be on the phone all the time or engaged in constant gameboy activity, there needs to be restrictions.

Anne Bonney:

--- Quote from: ""TheWho"" ---Denying and restricting is just that, not allowing the kids to have a phone 24/7.
You as a parent should know this isnt healthy, kids shouldnt be on the phone all the time or engaged in constant gameboy activity, there needs to be restrictions.
--- End quote ---

That's not what we're talking about at all and you know it.  We're talking about censoring and restricting communication between a parent and child.

TheWho:
Not censuring, but restricting, yes.  There needs to be limits put on phone use as well as the times they eat, sleep etc.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version