Treatment Abuse, Behavior Modification, Thought Reform > New Info

SLS in Brewster, NY?

<< < (15/15)

OogleDog:
Yikes! Bad reviews

Ursus:

--- Quote from: "OogleDog" ---What was the Friends of SLS website and the blog that keeps being mentioned?  IS there a support group for survivors of the program?  I went to SLS for two months early last year and it was a nightmare.
--- End quote ---
The blog used to belong to the father of an ex-res, who felt that his son was seriously maltreated by SLS. Apparently, SLS blew off both this parent and his concerns, and so... he started the blog. Iirc, it had a subtitle of "Say it Ain't So, Joe..." (or something pretty similar to that).

The more this guy dug, the more crapola he unearthed, and all or most of it got posted on the blog.

Over time, the blog became a hot spot where folks unhappy with their experience at SLS came to air their grievances, and where information and news re. the lawsuit and the actions taken by the state of New York were reliably made available to the public.

The blog was a HUGE thorn in SLS's side.

The Friends of SLS website may or may not have been started in response to the blog. At any rate, it was a pro-SLS site, and it appeared to attack the posters on the blog and to dismiss and/or mitigate any of the concerns the blog brought to the public's attention.

At some point SLS decided to either reach a settlement with this parent and/or sue him into silence. I'm not sure exactly what happened, but... in the aftermath... the blog appears to be now owned by SLS (?), and all of its former content has been deleted. Not entirely sure about the ownership, but the content has clearly been wiped.

That's as much as I know and/or can speculate on.

Eurystheus:
-Nicholas Romano and Deborah Morgan are the listed plaintifs in the class action lawsuit, last I knew they were mediating over the amount which was over $200 million.  The 16 employees that are now in Blue Sky are therapists, CASAC's, psychologists that were employeed by SLS, the staff that were let go were PAT and MC staff.  

The blog SIASJ was taken down due to SLS suing Glen for $6.5 million saying his blog entries were misinterpreting the courts decisions and cost them lost revenue, my guess is that they settled to get rid of both of their blogs, FOSLS blog was giving false information and was a futile attempt by SLS to innoculate his blog as they also attempted to have it come up first on Google Search.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version