Author Topic: Boy Killed Parents, Didn't Want To 'Disappoint' Them Anymore  (Read 919 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Boy Killed Parents, Didn't Want To 'Disappoint' Them Anymore
« on: September 13, 2007, 01:42:20 PM »
FORT PIERCE, Fla. -- A 16-year-old boy told detectives he killed his parents because he didn't want to disappoint them anymore, according to a police documents.

Jacob Brighton said he shot his parents last month because he always felt like a disappointment to them because he didn't have a job, smoked marijuana and didn't share the same "qualities or interests" as his father, according to the recently released documents.

"So there's nobody, now there's nobody to be disappointed in me, try to make me lead ... their life," Brighton said.

Brighton pleaded not guilty to first-degree murder in the shooting deaths of Richard Brighton, 47, and Penny Brighton, 46, in their Fort Pierce home. He could get life in prison if convicted.

"There are some things in his young life that happened that will shock and disturb the community," said his attorney Darren Shull. "They are traumatic events that happened to Jacob."

Shull declined to elaborate.

Brighton was being held without bond.

Watch Local 6 News for more on this story.

http://www.local6.com/news/14097780/detail.html
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Anne Bonney

• View Profile
Re: Boy Killed Parents, Didn't Want To 'Disappoint' Them Any
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2007, 02:25:47 PM »
Quote from: ""Guest""
FORT PIERCE, Fla. -- A 16-year-old boy told detectives he killed his parents because he didn't want to disappoint them anymore, according to a police documents.

Jacob Brighton said he shot his parents last month because he always felt like a disappointment to them because he didn't have a job, smoked marijuana and didn't share the same "qualities or interests" as his father, according to the recently released documents.

"So there's nobody, now there's nobody to be disappointed in me, try to make me lead ... their life," Brighton said.

Brighton pleaded not guilty to first-degree murder in the shooting deaths of Richard Brighton, 47, and Penny Brighton, 46, in their Fort Pierce home. He could get life in prison if convicted.

"There are some things in his young life that happened that will shock and disturb the community," said his attorney Darren Shull. "They are traumatic events that happened to Jacob."

Shull declined to elaborate.

Brighton was being held without bond.

Watch Local 6 News for more on this story.

http://www.local6.com/news/14097780/detail.html

SEE!!!!!!!!  This is what I'm talking about!!!  When will parents get that their kids are NOT extensions of themselves.

AAAAGGGHGHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!

:flame:  :flame:  ::bangin::  :(

and yes, I realize that I have no facts about the case.  I'm speaking about it taking what was written strictly at face value.
traight, St. Pete, early 80s
AA is a cult http://www.orange-papers.org/orange-cult.html

The more boring a child is, the more the parents, when showing off the child, receive adulation for being good parents-- because they have a tame child-creature in their house.  ~~  Frank Zappa

Offline Mummie

• View Profile
Boy Killed Parents, Didn't Want To 'Disappoint' Them Anymore
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2007, 03:31:08 PM »
This is so sad for everyone.
quot;You can discover what your enemy fears most by observing the means he uses to frighten you.\"  -Eric Hoffer- (1902-83)