Author Topic: Early fearmongering/helicpoter parenting and the results  (Read 1941 times)

Offline Anne Bonney

• View Profile
Early fearmongering/helicpoter parenting and the results
« on: September 10, 2007, 11:56:43 PM »
http://women.timesonline.co.uk/tol/life ... 426348.ece

Careful parents may cost lives

Ben Webster, Transport Correspondent

Parents who forbid their children to cross roads alone may be preventing them from learning vital lessons in how to avoid being run over, according to an analysis of official figures.

The proportion of children who are never allowed to cross a road unsupervised has risen each year for the past five years. But the number of child pedestrians being killed is also rising.

Department for Transport research found that, last year, almost half (49 per cent) of parents with children aged 7-10 said that they never allowed them to cross the road on their own, compared with 41 per cent in 2002.

Over the same period, the number of child pedestrians killed in that age range rose from 10 to 18.
Related Links

* Youngsters need freedom to learn

The overall rate of road deaths for all children under 16 rose by 20 per cent between 2005 and 2006, from 141 to 169.

The Parliamentary Advisory Council for Transport Safety said that parents needed to understand the risks of being overprotective. Rob Gifford, the council’s director, said: “Parents should consider whether forbidding their children from crossing the road unaccompanied is exposing them subsequently to additional risk. They may not acquire the skills they need.

“Children need to learn to cross the road on their own and the answer may be to encourage them to do so initially while being watched.â€
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
traight, St. Pete, early 80s
AA is a cult http://www.orange-papers.org/orange-cult.html

The more boring a child is, the more the parents, when showing off the child, receive adulation for being good parents-- because they have a tame child-creature in their house.  ~~  Frank Zappa

Offline Anne Bonney

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2007, 12:04:47 AM »
The Parliamentary Advisory Council for Transport Safety said that parents needed to understand the risks of being overprotective. Rob Gifford, the council’s director, said: “Parents should consider whether forbidding their children from crossing the road unaccompanied is exposing them subsequently to additional risk. They may not acquire the skills they need.

That's what I've told my parents all along about myself.  They robbed me of the opportunities to learn from my own experiences, no matter how scary that was.  They caused me a lot of pain and anguish later on because I was so behind in my development as an adjusted adult.  I would off and on 'behave', but that was only because there was some threat or coercion held over me.  None of any of the progress I've made in my life can be attributed to Straight.  It was in spite of Straight and after a lot more agony than I would have had if they'd have just left me alone.  I see that more and more as I talk with this friend who knew me before and has watched me struggle all this time after..

The more boring a child is, the more the parents, when showing off the child, receive adulation for being good parents-- because they have a tame child-creature in their house.  ~~  Frank Zappa

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2007, 12:17:46 AM »
And here's Tom with the weather!

Tom: ITS GONNA RAIN

Offline Anne Bonney

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2007, 12:22:20 AM »
yeah, I know.  But I'm really seeing all the intricacies of it now.  I'm hearing a lot more about 'that time' than I have before.   A lot of missing pieces are being put back together.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2007, 12:32:54 AM »
Does anyone actually have parents that are around that much? Helicopter parents sound like a horrible experience.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2007, 12:33:03 AM »
Nobody has any god-damned common sense anymore.

It fucked up my upbringing for sure.

I'm 22, sun's bleached my hair blonde... and when I'm not working I sit at home on a computer gaming. I can't even go to a bar without only running into... uh, old people.

And I'm about as social as a particularly grumpy badger at any rate, GG over-parenting, school zero-tolerance for anything at all with the opposite sex, and over protectiveness.

At least I can type at a high WPM and orchestrate big raids in MMOs!

I haven't had friends in years, never had a GF... I think more about how to troll people or spew /b/ memes than about going outside and doing things with real people. I'm seriously looking into getting an afro wig and a suit from mens warehouse, but not to do anything except block doorways and piss off furries at conventions.

So yeah, theres your intricacies... our society is fucking everyone up and making us into the perfect "proles" to stare at TVs and go home after working for someone else and not actually try to change anything for the better.

But hey, at least sometime I might figure out how to troll jew scheff into flipping out like she has claimed to in her copypasta e-mails about how she won *11.3 million* in a _JURY TRIAL_  :rofl:

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2007, 12:35:19 AM »
Quote from: ""Guest""
Does anyone actually have parents that are around that much? Helicopter parents sound like a horrible experience.

All it really takes is one to make you into some spoiled but helpless, idiotic little drone to set you up to get fucked when you're an adult and you magically just blink and have the skills an adult would have with a normal upbringing as a normal kid/teen, or a program-kid when you end up with a parent with more money than common sense.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2007, 12:52:54 AM »
thats only if you buy into it.. lots of other options as well....

Offline Anne Bonney

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2007, 12:58:11 AM »
There are soooo many people that do buy into it though.  Therein lies the problem.

Sheeple

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 11, 2007, 01:05:00 AM »
yes...yes... very much so...

Offline Dr. Miller Newton

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 11, 2007, 10:24:57 AM »
Quote from: ""Anne Bonney""
That's what I've told my parents all along about myself.  They robbed me of the opportunities to learn from my own experiences, no matter how scary that was.  They caused me a lot of pain and anguish later on because I was so behind in my development as an adjusted adult.  I would off and on 'behave', but that was only because there was some threat or coercion held over me.  None of any of the progress I've made in my life can be attributed to Straight.

Anne,

Your parents were only trying to save you from jail, insanity, and death when they "robbed you of opportunities."

Remember Anne, it was you and you alone who chose[/i] to do drugs! No one put a gun to your head! You put yourself[/i] in the program! God forbid they had let their druggie kid proceed with her "development" into an "adjusted adult." Take a look at yourself now, doing drugs and bragging about it on this website! Goddammit, the program got you straight and saved your fucking life!  :flame:

Unfortunately, you may never realize that... by then it will have been too late..

Yours sincerely,

Dr. Virgil Miller Newton

PS- I fucking well don't appreciate the vile and insulting things you said to my darling Ruthie.
Teenage Drug Use Is A Disease

Offline Anne Bonney

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 11, 2007, 10:39:59 AM »
Well Virgil!  How's the blood pressure you twisted fuck?  Every time I see you  ya look like your head's about to pop right off.   Good times, good times.  The 'church' is looking a little ragged too.  Better get some of those drones at your 'retreat' to get out there and get on that property.   It would be nice if Lulu could get a chunk of that property after it's taken due to your bankruptcy fraud.

I'm more than a little disturbed hearing all these 'red flag' and 'junk touching' tales.  Sick Virgil, even for you.  Sick.

Yes, I know.  I'm supposed to be dead.  What happened to that?  I'm supposed to be insane (alright, that could be debated).   Hmmm, I"m still here.  I'm still kicking.  I'm still partying.  You canNOT keep a good woman down.

See ya soon Virg!  The water behind your house is public property/navigable waterway.  Just try and keep me out!

And tell that dried up ol' coont to kiss my ass!!!

::fu::  ::fu::  ::kma::  ::kma::  :smokin:  :smokin:  :smokin:  ::rocker::  ::cheers::  ::bandit:: :wave:

Offline Froderik

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 11, 2007, 10:47:19 AM »
Quote from: ""Anne Bonney""
Well Virgil!  How's the blood pressure you twisted fuck?  Every time I see you  ya look like your head's about to pop right off.

:rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl: