Author Topic: Winning The Culture War  (Read 16517 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Winning The Culture War
« Reply #30 on: September 10, 2007, 03:15:54 PM »
Quote from: ""Guest""

well Zippety-Do-Dah to you too ::kma::
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
seedlings?
« Reply #31 on: September 10, 2007, 03:19:08 PM »
PSY:  The only problem with that is more and more,  there's NO seeds to plant.  I think it's called Sensimilla.

Offline Ursus

• View Profile
Winning The Culture War
« Reply #32 on: September 10, 2007, 03:23:13 PM »
Open space... highway dividing tracts!!!   :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:

Oh, psy, the soak is to soften the outer shell, making it easier for the shoot to poke through.  Some seeds are easier to nick than to soak.  But there is such a thing as too long a soak.  You're better off foregoing it if you can't keep track of time.  Too long a soak means drowned seeds.  Heating mat underneath, with seeds planted in small containers, in plastic bags that are left open works well, "I hear"...  The plastic bag increases humidity and also helps retain some heat, but when they're closed sometimes too much so...
-------------- • -------------- • --------------

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Winning The Culture War
« Reply #33 on: September 10, 2007, 03:26:00 PM »
Ursus:  your smelly little pile is missing??

Offline Froderik

• View Profile
Winning The Culture War
« Reply #34 on: September 10, 2007, 03:28:09 PM »
Hmm... well it is a weed after all, right?

This shouldn't be rocket science.. :rofl:

Offline psy

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://homepage.mac.com/psyborgue/
Winning The Culture War
« Reply #35 on: September 10, 2007, 03:28:47 PM »
Quote from: ""TheWho""
Quote from: ""psy""
Quote from: ""Froderik""
Thank you for starting this thread, TSW. I share in you skepticism.

An idea: Aside from the positive side-effects of decriminalization, effective medication and a potential dent in alcoholism, the legalization of marijuana (and possibly other illicit substances) would make a statement of incredible gravity. Of course, it would take more than mere legislation to make this happen, but could perhaps be brought about in other ways (ask psy about this)

Right...  So the basic idea is to randomly plant seeds all over the place.  If everybody who smoked did this, enforcement of prohibition would become untenable.

Plant in the neighbor's yard, plant in front of your house, on your university, in the woods (make them hunt for these patches), in granny's flower pot, plant in the local garden center, replace the seeds in the packets... extra bonus points for creativity.

Now I know some purists are going to yell at me about screwing up their sinsimilla crops with cross-fertilization but the point is rather to force legalization by growing the stuff all over (it grows faster than most crops).

I looked on the net for instructions.  Apparantly you need to plant the seeds in April / May about 1/2 inches deep.  Optimally you want to soak the seeds in distilled water for about 24 hours prior to planting (don't ask me why).  Once the seeds are planted in a bit of topsoil, just add water.

If this was going to be some kind of coordinated effort, the best time to plant would probably be around April 20th of next year.

Often farmland that has been out of production for ten years is ideal.  River and stream beds.  The absolute best place to plant is on land that is being hayed or “open spaceâ€
Benchmark Young Adult School - bad place [archive.org link]
Sue Scheff Truth - Blog on Sue Scheff
"Our services are free; we do not make a profit. Parents of troubled teens ourselves, PURE strives to create a safe haven of truth and reality." - Sue Scheff - August 13th, 2007 (fukkin surreal)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Winning The Culture War
« Reply #36 on: September 10, 2007, 03:33:26 PM »
I live in an apartment, next to woods.  
Everybody throws their seeds in the woods.

Offline Ursus

• View Profile
Winning The Culture War
« Reply #37 on: September 10, 2007, 03:41:49 PM »
Ursus:  your smelly little pile is missing??

Yeah, I got tired of watching the flies and it was just so damn huge after a while... After all, I have to look at every one of my posts; everyone else can easily ignore them...  :rofl:

Offline psy

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://homepage.mac.com/psyborgue/
Winning The Culture War
« Reply #38 on: September 10, 2007, 03:44:55 PM »

not so sure just chucking them in the woods would work (plant em pointy side up about 1/2 inches deep in good soil + a little water), also, don't plant in the woods directly behind your house.

My advice is to plant in small clusters far apart as well as all over public areas and garden shop.
Benchmark Young Adult School - bad place [archive.org link]
Sue Scheff Truth - Blog on Sue Scheff
"Our services are free; we do not make a profit. Parents of troubled teens ourselves, PURE strives to create a safe haven of truth and reality." - Sue Scheff - August 13th, 2007 (fukkin surreal)

Offline Ursus

• View Profile
Winning The Culture War
« Reply #39 on: September 10, 2007, 03:51:21 PM »
Quote from: ""psy""
not so sure just chucking them in the woods would work (plant em pointy side up about 1/2 inches deep in good soil + a little water), also, don't plant in the woods directly behind your house.

My advice is to plant in small clusters far apart as well as all over public areas and garden shop.

This plant needs more sun than the woods would permit.  Half inch deep does not mean half inch of soil on top, but bottom of seed rests at about the half inch mark.  A little deep for my taste.  A good rule of thumb re. planting seeds in general is 1-1.5 x the size of the seed worth of soil on top.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Winning The Culture War
« Reply #40 on: September 10, 2007, 04:35:59 PM »
yup, it's very tough to get seeds nowadays. 99% of the weed around here (NY) is seedless, so cant get bag seeds. the one weed you can find seeds in the bag with some consitency is mexican brick, which is almost always a pure Sativa. sativas are nearly impossible to grow anywhere north of essentially the mason-dixon (unless it's hybridized), the're tall, lanky, and dont yeild much, plus very very easy to spot.

if we were to do this, we'd need the support of a seed bank in amsterdam, someone big like nirvana or sensi, and we'd need a way to get tonnes of it into the U.S, and it would be have to be a charitible thing on their part because seeds are very, very expensive.

what i reccomend for a project like this, at least in the north, would be an auto-flowering strain. (ruderalis-crossed). they dont require the 18/6-12/12 switch in time period, so they start budding very early, and you could theoretically harvest bits of the plant throughout the summer, before the final harvest. some strains have a very short life-span, they can grow, flower, drop seeds, then grow again in a single summer. they are also very risistant to everything - bugs, pests, mold, drought, humidity, low light, too much light, etc. they are the hardiest of all plants. they can also spread like wildfire, and can potentially get enormous. you can even grow them in places like alaska. check out ruderalis skunk from sensi seeds.

there's also an interesting strain called the "lowryder". it's a cross between williams wonder, northern lights, and an unknown ruderalis. the #2 version also has some santa maria genes. lowryders grow to a max of 15-20 inches, and can yeild up to 2 ounces per plant, and you can have two crops a season. it's amazing, you can have it in your garden, hiding under tomato plants or among some herbs and your neighbors would never notice - who looks for weed around their ankles? the only drawback is that you cannot clone a ruderalis, but who cares? cloning leaves you with shitty deformed stunted plants, and you need chems that could potentially harm you.

to the old or misinformed, yes, pure ruderalis is ditch weed, providing nothing but a headache. it grows all over the place in the mid and north west, and cops dont bother with it cuz it's useless. but if you cross a ruderalis with a good strain, you get the best of both worlds and the worst of neither, with good conditions a ruderalis cross will produce equal quality bud to any indica, sativa, or afghani.

Offline TheWho

• View Profile
Winning The Culture War
« Reply #41 on: September 10, 2007, 05:13:32 PM »
Great read, thanks.  If, you wanted to kick the “Lowriderâ€

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Winning The Culture War
« Reply #42 on: September 10, 2007, 05:15:18 PM »
is it me, or are we all a bunch of smokers who survived...?
 :smokin:   :smokin:   :smokin:   :smokin:   :smokin: :smokin:  :smokin:  :smokin:  :smokin:  :smokin:  :smokin:  :smokin:

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Winning The Culture War
« Reply #43 on: September 10, 2007, 05:17:52 PM »
 :smokin:   :smokin:   :smokin:   :smokin:   :smokin: :smokin:  :smokin:  :smokin:  :smokin:  :smokin:  :smokin:  :smokin:

does anyone use MiracleGro?

Offline TheWho

• View Profile
Winning The Culture War
« Reply #44 on: September 10, 2007, 05:21:28 PM »

does anyone use MiracleGro?

Stay away form that unless you just want to impress the neighbors or are selling it for profit/high yield.

Keep it small, potent and organic.