Author Topic: Stuck in Stepcraft  (Read 17121 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Re: Sleepless Night Flight
« Reply #105 on: September 05, 2007, 07:03:44 AM »
Quote from: ""85 Day Jerk""
Them "sleepless nights" must arrive from that time you got tired of keeping your big ass thighs together and the stank that emminated from betweencks your legs done gone and set off the stank detectors and made the fuckin oxygen masks fall from yonder ceiling of the aircraft you were flying on.  That sho' must enough had been embarrassing enough for a burned out neighboorhood pump such as yourself...............

No wonder you get laid so frequently!
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Re: Sleepless Night Flight
« Reply #106 on: September 06, 2007, 03:13:07 AM »
Quote from: ""85 Day Jerk""
Them "sleepless nights" must arrive from that time you got tired of keeping your big ass thighs together and the stank that emminated from betweencks your legs done gone and set off the stank detectors and made the fuckin oxygen masks fall from yonder ceiling of the aircraft you were flying on.  That sho' must enough had been embarrassing enough for a burned out neighboorhood pump such as yourself...............

What is your problem? you write this post about seeing your parents age and actually say some pretty good stuff in it, but then you come here and write something like this? why would you even feel the need to write such a nasty post, to anyone?

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Stuck in Stepcraft
« Reply #107 on: September 06, 2007, 08:01:46 AM »
Perhaps you're not hip to the drama between 85DJ & Anne Bonney.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Stuck in Stepcraft
« Reply #108 on: September 06, 2007, 01:23:41 PM »
He's just pissed at her 'cause he had a crush on her a few years back.  She wasn't into him, so he takes out his sexual frustration on her (and us) by posting shit like that about her.

Damn, AB, think of what you missed out on.........

Offline Anne Bonney

• View Profile
Flip side
« Reply #109 on: September 06, 2007, 10:18:41 PM »
[background]  My best friend from high school broke up with a long time boyfriend.  She's  going to re-invest her money and is looking for property while living in my extra bedroom. I love this girl.  She's the only person that knew me before that I still keep in touch with.  We've always been close, but ya know how it is living with someone.  They see you, warts and all.  She's always known about Straight, obviously, but like all of our friends no one can understand it unless they've lived it.]

Anyway, she read Help At Any Cost about a week ago, has been living with me talking about it and even asked her mom about it.  Turns out, they almost put her in but said no when they were told they couldn't speak with her on first phase.  Her father worked for Honeywell and that was a big source of inmates through the early EAP programs.  My dad heard about it through the St. Pete Times EAP.  

I was sitting here tonight with this friend and my youngest daughter.  I was telling them about some of the adventures I've had with a friend over at Newton's house.  All of a sudden, she starts crying and this is a woman who just does NOT cry.  She's one of the toughest broads I know.  I didn't get what was going on and she finally said that she just felt so bad that I went through all of that.  I was the 'lightweight' of our group of friends.  No one understood what happened and least of all why it was me out of all of us.    She said "I had no idea.  You just didn't deserve that.  I can't believe what they did to you"..   She had no idea what happened or to what extent things ended up until she's been living with us and read Maia's book.  

I can't tell you what that did for me.  To have someone that knew me before, knew what I was like, saw what it took.....to have her see that validated something in me that hadn't been acknowledged or considered before.  It felt like another hole was filled.  I went over and hugged her for about 2 minutes and cried.  Relief though, not sadness this time.  Something lifted.

God I wish I had the talent and patience to write like some of you.  This was really amazing and I just can't tell it right.

Wow, one extreme to the other with two polar opposite friends.
traight, St. Pete, early 80s
AA is a cult http://www.orange-papers.org/orange-cult.html

The more boring a child is, the more the parents, when showing off the child, receive adulation for being good parents-- because they have a tame child-creature in their house.  ~~  Frank Zappa

Offline RTP2003

• View Profile
Re: Flip side
« Reply #110 on: September 06, 2007, 10:23:08 PM »
Quote from: ""Anne Bonney""

God I wish I had the talent and patience to write like some of you.  This was really amazing and I just can't tell it right.

I dunno, seems to me you did it well enough.
RTP2003 fought in defense of the Old Republic

Offline Anne Bonney

• View Profile
Stuck in Stepcraft
« Reply #111 on: September 06, 2007, 10:40:13 PM »
:yeah well, there's just so much more and I don't have the patience at the moment to type it all out.  It realy was pretty cool though.  I told this girl once that she reminded me of my grandmother and that  is a huge compliment.  My grandma was a broad in the absolute best sense of the word.  She was tough, strong, smart, resourceful, bullheaded, tender and always thought outside the box.  She's the reason I ended up a tomboy.  She taught me that there wasn't anything I couldn't do.  this friend is like that.  She never been married b/c she refuses to settle.  She lives on her own terms and answers to no one.  I love how she is with my girls.  she has two condos as investment props (she can't live there b/c she has a dog and the assoc. won't allow them ) and rents one out to my oldest daughter.  She's tough, but understanding.  She doesn't allow her to slide with anything, but then again Nic doesn't try to slide b/c she doesn't want to disappoint Cookie (she's the opposite of what a stereotypical "Cookie" would be).

I'm rambling now.  I've just had a really odd but good couple of weeks.  Dealt with the Sarasota friends, my Dad came up and we celebrated our birthdays and now this.   Strange days.

::bandit::

The more boring a child is, the more the parents, when showing off the child, receive adulation for being good parents-- because they have a tame child-creature in their house.  ~~  Frank Zappa

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Stuck in Stepcraft
« Reply #112 on: September 07, 2007, 09:55:34 AM »
Quote from: ""Anne Bonney""
:yeah well, there's just so much more and I don't have the patience at the moment to type it all out.  It realy was pretty cool though.  I told this girl once that she reminded me of my grandmother and that  is a huge compliment.  My grandma was a broad in the absolute best sense of the word.  She was tough, strong, smart, resourceful, bullheaded, tender and always thought outside the box.  She's the reason I ended up a tomboy.  She taught me that there wasn't anything I couldn't do.  this friend is like that.  She never been married b/c she refuses to settle.  She lives on her own terms and answers to no one.  I love how she is with my girls.  she has two condos as investment props (she can't live there b/c she has a dog and the assoc. won't allow them ) and rents one out to my oldest daughter.  She's tough, but understanding.  She doesn't allow her to slide with anything, but then again Nic doesn't try to slide b/c she doesn't want to disappoint Cookie (she's the opposite of what a stereotypical "Cookie" would be).

I'm rambling now.  I've just had a really odd but good couple of weeks.  Dealt with the Sarasota friends, my Dad came up and we celebrated our birthdays and now this.   Strange days.

::bandit::

I don't know you Anne, but it sounds as though you deserve the good that's happening to you. Read your post about you and your Dad being out on the boat and finding your  unspoken yet familiar way of communicating and I'm happy for you.

Regardless of how we feel about our parents or what we've been through with them, you only get one set, and once they are gone, there is no way to go back and try to find peace, so good for you for finding it when and where you can. If if it was only for that day.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Stuck in Stepcraft
« Reply #113 on: September 07, 2007, 11:56:47 AM »
85 day jerk, I won't quote the posts that you made earlier  because they are quite simply not worth repeating.

Even if what someone else wrote was true and you had " issues" with Anne Bonney, I still have a difficult time understanding WHY you would feel the need to post such nasty shit.

From what I can tell you are a very talented writer and also an adult man, am I right? Why would you waste you time and talent writing something that takes away from your obvious gift?

Anne is a fellow human being as well as being a fellow survivor. How you can disrespect her in this way is beyond my understanding, even if for whatever reason you do not like her.

You have written many things that I have enjoyed reading. Maybe I have been wrong in my understanding of who you are.

Offline Anne Bonney

• View Profile
Stuck in Stepcraft
« Reply #114 on: September 07, 2007, 12:04:19 PM »
Thanks for the kind words folks.  It's really OK.  It just pisses me off when he comes at me out of the blue like that, for no reason.

My life really is pretty good now.  It's taken a long, very long time to get it this way, but I'm here now.  That's all that counts.

8-)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Stuck in Stepcraft
« Reply #115 on: September 08, 2007, 08:01:44 AM »
Quote from: ""Guest""
Maybe I have been wrong in my understanding of who you are.

Unless you understand him to be a pathetic, sexually frustrated asshole who takes out his obvious sexual "shortcomings" (allusion to his small penis intended) on would-be victims of his stench who were wise enough to avoid any contact with him, then yeah, you have been wrong.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Stuck in Stepcraft
« Reply #116 on: September 08, 2007, 08:34:10 AM »
Quote from: ""85 Day Jerk-Off""
Quote from: ""Guest""
Maybe I have been wrong in my understanding of who you are.

Unless you understand him to be a pathetic, sexually frustrated asshole who takes out his obvious sexual "shortcomings" (allusion to his small penis intended) on would-be victims of his stench who were wise enough to avoid any contact with him, then yeah, you have been wrong.

Then I guess I was wrong.

Why is ok to insult and degrade people on the internet when most ( notice I say most and not all) people would not say these things to the person's face? What I write, I would also say directly to your face, but I am not a nasty person to begin with so I guess this is where the difference lies.

Offline Anne Bonney

• View Profile
Stuck in Stepcraft
« Reply #117 on: September 08, 2007, 12:17:50 PM »
Back to the topic, this friend (the one from childhood, not the Straight one) and I talked a little more about when I went away.  My parents put me in on the first day of summer vacation after my junior year.  We had all kinds of great plans for the summer and BAM, Kim disappears.   My mom couldn't talk about it when my friends would call and ask where I was.   She'd just say I was away for a while, start crying and hang up.  My dad, OTOH, was all too happy to let them know exactly where I was and that they had better not EVER try to contact me again.  It really freaked everyone out.  A few parents called my dad and asked about it and he went into his recruitment speech.  I guess he got a few to go to Open Meetings, but they all said hell no.

Honeywell, SP Times and a few of the other major employers were really big targets for Straight.  Like I said earlier, it was the beginning of the EAP programs and damn Straight sure did latch onto that.  I'll have to ask my dad  what happened at work when the Times started running negative articles about Straight.  I wonder if they approached or spoke with him about it.  Or if he approached them.  He and I don't talk a whole lot about it, not yet.  We're still a little cautious w/ each other, but the time will come.