Author Topic: Making Jim Jones proud  (Read 1452 times)

Offline ajax13

• View Profile
Making Jim Jones proud
« on: September 03, 2007, 05:28:59 AM »
Just to dispel any doubts amongst casual readers of this forum, here is a lovely little tidbit from an All About Receiving Cash alum letter: "The unity of AARC is the most cherished quality of our organization."(I thought it might be successful drug treatment, but what do I know?)
"We must stay whole and healthy or AARC no longer exists."(I kind of figured it would exist if it could cure drug addiction)
"Without unity, the heart of AARC would cease to beat and our message would no longer carry the life-giving message (sic) of hope."(This reduncancy is verbatim, but what would you expect from a jinooine PhDoctor man of the Union Institute)
Feed the AARC!  The AARC must feed! So sayeth the leader!
"Mother! Mother! Mother!"  and so on.  Drink up, lots of flavorade for everyone!
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
"AARC will go on serving youth and families as long as it will be needed, if it keeps open to God for inspiration" Dr. F. Dean Vause Executive Director

MR. NELSON: Mr. Speaker, AADAC has been involved with
assistance in developing the program of the Alberta Adolescent
Recovery Centre since its inception originally as Kids of the
Canadian West."
Alberta Hansard, March 24, 1992

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Re: Making Jim Jones proud
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2009, 07:32:36 PM »
Quote from: "ajax13"
Just to dispel any doubts amongst casual readers of this forum, here is a lovely little tidbit from an All About Receiving Cash alum letter: "The unity of AARC is the most cherished quality of our organization."(I thought it might be successful drug treatment, but what do I know?)
"We must stay whole and healthy or AARC no longer exists."(I kind of figured it would exist if it could cure drug addiction)
"Without unity, the heart of AARC would cease to beat and our message would no longer carry the life-giving message (sic) of hope."(This reduncancy is verbatim, but what would you expect from a jinooine PhDoctor man of the Union Institute)
Feed the AARC!  The AARC must feed! So sayeth the leader!
"Mother! Mother! Mother!"  and so on.  Drink up, lots of flavorade for everyone!

Offline Whooter

• View Profile
Re: Making Jim Jones proud
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2009, 08:07:23 PM »
Thanks for finding this.  It is always educational to look back on our thinking from years past.  Shows how far we have come.

In any organization unity is the higher level strength.  Without unity a cohesive treatment will never work or take hold.

This has been a misconception among readers for decades.  There is no cure for drug addiction.  The addiction will stay with you throughout your life time.  The key is to recognize it and gain some tools and knowledge to keep it at bay.  Ajax13 has been able to experience this first hand since he wrote this, so he gets a bye.

Ajax wrote this before we informed him that TheWiz received his PhD from an accredited university, so he gets a pass on that one and a thumbs up for accepting the truth with humility.
But we have come a long way since ’07 when Ajax thought AARC was on their last legs and to all of our surprise has gained a stronger position over the past 2 years in the community with the acknowledgement of their success and recent study of their graduate population.