Author Topic: Hinton Guilty on two counts!!!  (Read 4853 times)

Offline hanzomon4

• View Profile
Hinton Guilty on two counts!!!
« on: September 01, 2007, 05:10:02 PM »
Vic Vela
The Daily Record

After a six-hour deliberation, a six-person jury found Randall Hinton — the project manager and co-founder of the Royal Gorge Academy boarding school — guilty of one count each of third-degree assault and false imprisonment.

However, jurors felt there was enough reasonable doubt to find the defendant not guilty of four other counts of third-degree assault and one count of false imprisonment as the week-long trial ended late Friday evening.

In a trial that featured references to everything from red ants, feminine hygiene products, swastikas, “The Da Vinci Code,â€
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
i]Do something real, however, small. And don\'t-- don\'t diss the political things, but understand their limitations - Grace Lee Boggs[/i]
I do see the present and the future of our children as very dark. But I trust the people\'s capacity for reflection, rage, and rebellion - Oscar Olivera

Howto]

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2007, 05:14:14 PM »
Three years in the county slam is enough for his hole to get widened to Goatse levels.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2007, 05:29:40 PM »
The jury only believe 2 out of the 5 kids who were abused. That is sad as well as the way these kids were subjected to Hinton's lawyers sick jokes and cross examination. I don't know how people like that sleep at night, not just Hinton but his slimeball lawyer.

Offline hanzomon4

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2007, 05:36:45 PM »
I know, I only hope that this news paper does an expose on Hinton after the trial. I think the Jurors would be surprised to find out how many people have alleged identical incidents of abuse.
i]Do something real, however, small. And don\'t-- don\'t diss the political things, but understand their limitations - Grace Lee Boggs[/i]
I do see the present and the future of our children as very dark. But I trust the people\'s capacity for reflection, rage, and rebellion - Oscar Olivera

Howto]

Offline ZenAgent

• View Profile
    • http://www.freepowerboards.com/strugglingppl/index.php
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2007, 06:09:09 PM »
The TB pizza delivery boy gets smacked down for mishandling the "pizzas".  Hinton's interview in the TB Doc made my flesh crawl, especially when he claims he was equally as abused as Layne Brown, having to strain his index finger on the pepper spray so often, I guess.  Poor psycho...

I hoped for more justice, I always do and end up disappointed, but it is some justice.  He'll get probation and disappear, then turn up in a new program run by the Sudweeks, most likely.  Why does it seem like the mainstream media takes such meager interest in the industry?  They gloss over kids dying, pay scant attention to a fiend like Hinton, but  rally to Sue Scheff when her "reputation" is allegedly besmeared.

Arrrgh...
\"Allah does not love the public utterance of hurtful speech, unless it be by one to whom injustice has been done; and Allah is Hearing, Knowing\" - The Qur\'an

\"I\'m there to handle kids that are psychotic, suicidal, homicidal, or have commited felonies. Oh yeah, I am also there to take them down when they are rowdy so the nurse can give them the booty juice.\"

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2007, 06:11:41 PM »
After a trial like this one I can't imagine any judge with any brains getting him off with just probation. I'm thinking a year at least. Hopefully maximum.

Offline hanzomon4

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2007, 06:27:05 PM »
I'm with zen on this one probation, disappear, show up at a new wwasps program. These program types never get any jail time even when they kill people.

Howto]

Offline Deborah

• View Profile
Re: Hinton Guilty on two counts!!!
« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2007, 06:41:28 PM »
The guilty verdict came in spite of the defense’s attempt to paint the boy as a trouble maker. Defense testimony was provided that called into question the boy’s character, claiming he would draft racist writings and draw swastikas. He also was described as a “dangerâ€
gt;>>>>>>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<<<<<
Hidden Lake Academy, after operating 12 years unlicensed will now be monitored by the state. Access information on the Federal Class Action lawsuit against HLA here: http://www.fornits.com/wwf/viewtopic.php?t=17700

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 01, 2007, 07:08:27 PM »
Deb, "reasonable doubt" means that the jury doesn't feel that they have conclusive proof that Hinton actually did this shit. It has nothing to do with the severity of the acts.

WE know he did, but this is a courtroom.

The other convicts are gonna BEAT HIS ASS.

Offline ZenAgent

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 01, 2007, 07:24:40 PM »
Yeah, and they wanted to play the "Mormon card"...I don't even want to hear that shit...
\"Allah does not love the public utterance of hurtful speech, unless it be by one to whom injustice has been done; and Allah is Hearing, Knowing\" - The Qur\'an

\"I\'m there to handle kids that are psychotic, suicidal, homicidal, or have commited felonies. Oh yeah, I am also there to take them down when they are rowdy so the nurse can give them the booty juice.\"

Offline ZenAgent

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 01, 2007, 07:28:11 PM »
Quote from: ""Guest""
Three years in the county slam is enough for his hole to get widened to Goatse levels.

He'll come out with his butthole wide as a wagon wheel, yessir.

Offline Joyce Harris

• View Profile
Guilty - Great!!!
« Reply #11 on: September 01, 2007, 08:39:10 PM »
Hinton only being found GUILTY on two counts is not justice for all these victims; but at least this prosecutor took the case to trial, and allowed a jury to hear the case.

Many times, like in the Whitmore Academy criminal case - the prosecutor allows a plea bargain!  Jared Eldridge charged Cheryl Sudweeks with 5 counts of abuse, and 2 counts of hazing.  Eldridge allowed Sudweeks to  cop-a-plea to 2 counts of ATTEMPTED HAZING!

Hopefully, Hinton will get jail time. He certainly deserves it, IMO.

Offline Nihilanthic

• View Profile
Re: Guilty - Great!!!
« Reply #12 on: September 01, 2007, 09:32:45 PM »
Quote from: ""Joyce Harris""
Hinton only being found GUILTY on two counts is not justice for all these victims; but at least this prosecutor took the case to trial, and allowed a jury to hear the case.

Many times, like in the Whitmore Academy criminal case - the prosecutor allows a plea bargain!  Jared Eldridge charged Cheryl Sudweeks with 5 counts of abuse, and 2 counts of hazing.  Eldridge allowed Sudweeks to  cop-a-plea to 2 counts of ATTEMPTED HAZING!

I hope some grown men who went through this shit in their childhoods give him some payback  :lol: though OTOH I don't think Jail should be just a program with "unofficial" junior staff.

Ah, double standards. Yes, I have them for people as reprehensible as him, wtf do you want?

I do hope this sends a clear message to the industry. All I know is Lon Foolsfaggot is probably going to Sugarcoat and T.Who it up in a short time and WWASPS will have a fun time trying to explain this away.

I wonder what Sue-Sue will have to say?
DannyB on the internet:I CALLED A LAWYER TODAY TO SEE IF I COULD SUE YOUR ASSES FOR DOING THIS BUT THAT WAS NOT POSSIBLE.

CCMGirl on program restraints: "DON\'T TAZ ME BRO!!!!!"

TheWho on program survivors: "From where I sit I see all the anit-program[sic] people doing all the complaining and crying."

Offline ZenAgent

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 02, 2007, 01:18:37 AM »
Quote from: ""Joyce Harris""

Eldridge did say the terms of the plea bargain were probably the same as the sentence Cheryl Sudweeks would have received if the case had gone to trial.  Remember where the trial would have occurred: Utah looks after it's own, and to paraphrase Sue Scheff, I believe, Cheryl Sudweeks is a "Christian woman with a smile that just lights up a room". (and a log-hurling technique that can send a kid flying down a flight of stairs)   It's very possible Sudweeks might have been completely exonerated if a Utah jury had the task of deciding her fate.  We have to take what we can get, and too often Justice is not served, only compromised on.

Quote from: ""Nihilanthic""
I hope some grown men who went through this shit in their childhoods give him some payback  :lol: though OTOH I don't think Jail should be just a program with "unofficial" junior staff.

Ah, double standards. Yes, I have them for people as reprehensible as him, wtf do you want?

I do hope this sends a clear message to the industry. All I know is Lon Foolsfaggot is probably going to Sugarcoat and T.Who it up in a short time and WWASPS will have a fun time trying to explain this away.

I wonder what Sue-Sue will have to say?

Look at Hinton...if he goes to lock-up, he will not fare well.  Hard cons will be trading Randall's booty around for packs of cigarettes.

Niles, I wonder what Sue will say about Hinton's conviction, too.  It's been hinted in the past on Fornits that Scheff "protects" Hinton, and after reading the transcripts from WWASP vs. PURE, it becomes apparent they did have a close relationship when Scheff first became involved with WWASP.  Scheff refers to speaking with "Randall" prior to placing her daughter in Carolina Springs during her testimony, and there seems to be no ill will toward Hinton at all.  This is speculation, but somebody made her aware of the money that could be made from referring other parents to WWASP, which could be $1,000 paid to the parent making the referral, or a month's tuition paid to the program the referring parent's child was in.  Sue became the "Queen of Referrals" for WWASP, and she convinced another woman to take the money for a split, so Sue wouldn't  appear to be abusing WWASP's referral system. Only when WWASP's Richie decided Scheff's actions were "unacceptable" did Scheff get the idea to start PURE, and accused Carolina Springs of abusing her daughter...five months after Ashlyn had been removed from the program.

My facts above may be a little askew, I don't have my printed transcript in front of me (the best way to read that mess is to print the almost 800 pages), but it's close enough, and please correct any errors of my memory.   Sue stays well-clear of slagging Hinton, and the witness/exhibit list requested some email correspondence between Scheff and Hinton that sounded chummy in the brief content description of the exhibit list .

I'll follow Hinton to any program he goes to after his convictions and start a blog about the program that hires him, listing Hinton's "achievements", ones probably not included in his resume.  

On a sad note, this is nowhere near the justice Layne Brown and his family deserve for the inhuman torture Hinton and Jay Kay put that young man through.  Regardless of the circumstances of Layne's death, Hinton's actions left that young man too damaged and scarred to function and find any joy, satisfaction or self-peace in his life.  Layne's problems and subsequent death were a result of the inhumane abuses he suffered at TB at the hands of Hinton and Jay Kay, and charges of torture, physical and mental abuse are ones they won't answer to.  As far as I'm concerned, Hinton needed  to be charged with involuntary manslaughter of Layne Brown in light of the utterly detached and desensitized way in which Randall methodically destroyed that young man, while showing no remorse for his inhumane actions.  Hinton reminds me of the Nazi war criminals when they were brought to trial - "I did as I vas told to do, I vas a ssssoldier following orderssss,"

Yeah, like Josef Mengele.

I'm angry about Hinton and sad about Layne, and I need to go to sleep, if I can.  I wish Layne's mother could see her son's tormentor  receive the punishment real justice would mete out to Hinton.  It might give her a little closure...not much, but some.  The Lichfields and Kays are still operating with impunity, still thumbing their noses at WWASP survivors.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 02, 2007, 07:49:27 AM »
Hinton is 6;2 270#, doubtful he will have any trouble , he will probably harrass the others himself!