Author Topic: Article from today's Dahlonega Nugget newspaper  (Read 4045 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Article from today's Dahlonega Nugget newspaper
« Reply #15 on: August 29, 2007, 09:41:06 PM »
so with the no money thing how could they settle...like what did they settle for...if i am not mistaken when you settle you do so for a monetary sum...if there were no funds what could they settle for? just wondering...
thanks!
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Deborah

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 29, 2007, 09:43:31 PM »
It was pretty evident in the hearing that he wasn't going to class the suit.
Anyone have a copy of that transcript they can post? Some of his comments were unbelievable, very unprofessional, imo.

As to the legality of denying the discovery process, I don't know, but assume B&M did and that they would've taken action if it was illegal.
gt;>>>>>>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<<<<<
Hidden Lake Academy, after operating 12 years unlicensed will now be monitored by the state. Access information on the Federal Class Action lawsuit against HLA here: http://www.fornits.com/wwf/viewtopic.php?t=17700

Offline Deborah

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 29, 2007, 10:26:56 PM »
Quote from: ""Guest""
so with the no money thing how could they settle...like what did they settle for...if i am not mistaken when you settle you do so for a monetary sum...if there were no funds what could they settle for? just wondering...
thanks!

Not been made public yet. Claims there's no insurance. Maybe he'll pay with the Chapel Fund.  :rofl:
Hidden Lake Academy, after operating 12 years unlicensed will now be monitored by the state. Access information on the Federal Class Action lawsuit against HLA here: http://www.fornits.com/wwf/viewtopic.php?t=17700

Offline hanzomon4

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 29, 2007, 10:54:45 PM »
Hopefully and admittance of wrong doing is one of the conditions of the settlement, I'm not holding my breath though. In fact I'd bet that a condition of the settlement is to never disclose publicly what the terms of settlement are...
i]Do something real, however, small. And don\'t-- don\'t diss the political things, but understand their limitations - Grace Lee Boggs[/i]
I do see the present and the future of our children as very dark. But I trust the people\'s capacity for reflection, rage, and rebellion - Oscar Olivera

Howto]

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 29, 2007, 11:04:23 PM »
Quote from: ""hanzomon4""
Hopefully and admittance of wrong doing is one of the conditions of the settlement, I'm not holding my breath though. In fact I'd bet that a condition of the settlement is to never disclose publicly what the terms of settlement are...

well, that won't fly.

Offline hanzomon4

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 29, 2007, 11:14:34 PM »
The GEO group has successfully done this many times, and I've come across more that I can't remember by name, but non discloser is common in settlements.
i]Do something real, however, small. And don\'t-- don\'t diss the political things, but understand their limitations - Grace Lee Boggs[/i]
I do see the present and the future of our children as very dark. But I trust the people\'s capacity for reflection, rage, and rebellion - Oscar Olivera

Howto]

Offline Anne Bonney

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 29, 2007, 11:20:35 PM »

I can almost guarantee there's a 'no admittance of wrongdoing' stipulation or clause.  Why would they (HLA) ever settle otherwise?
traight, St. Pete, early 80s
AA is a cult http://www.orange-papers.org/orange-cult.html

The more boring a child is, the more the parents, when showing off the child, receive adulation for being good parents-- because they have a tame child-creature in their house.  ~~  Frank Zappa

Offline psy

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://homepage.mac.com/psyborgue/
« Reply #22 on: August 30, 2007, 12:02:19 AM »
Quote from: ""Anne Bonney""

I can almost guarantee there's a 'no admittance of wrongdoing' stipulation or clause.  Why would they (HLA) ever settle otherwise?

Settling is a stupid and selfish idea in my opinion...  Unless it's a "settlement" big enough to put Len in the poorhouse, what's the point?  Compensation?  What about those who are still there?
Benchmark Young Adult School - bad place [archive.org link]
Sue Scheff Truth - Blog on Sue Scheff
"Our services are free; we do not make a profit. Parents of troubled teens ourselves, PURE strives to create a safe haven of truth and reality." - Sue Scheff - August 13th, 2007 (fukkin surreal)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 30, 2007, 07:05:32 AM »
"Basically, what was hurting us was paying attorneys," said Stapp. "And now that we don't have to pay attorneys we're in a much better position.â€

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 30, 2007, 09:03:28 AM »
The part in the Dahlonega Nuggett newpaper article today said that Len Buccellato could not be reached for comment about the article. Well, Big SURPRISE there! Buccellato can never be found when there is any problems or trouble. He lets his little HLA flunkees to the dirty work for him. Lot of us parents that had kids at HLA since September 2006 when the lawsuit was filed watche the decline of HLA and how horrible it was getting with teachers quitting left and right and other staff leaving or getting laid off. When we parents, as paying customers wanted to speak to Buccellato through emails or phone calls, nobody could ever reach him. Here we were paying $6000 a month to the school and Buccellato never even bothered to respond to any of us parents about our concerns. HLA is the most unprofessional and deceitful place that I have ever encountered.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 30, 2007, 09:42:37 AM »
Quote from: ""Guest""
The part in the Dahlonega Nuggett newpaper article today said that Len Buccellato could not be reached for comment about the article. Well, Big SURPRISE there! Buccellato can never be found when there is any problems or trouble. He lets his little HLA flunkees to the dirty work for him. Lot of us parents that had kids at HLA since September 2006 when the lawsuit was filed watche the decline of HLA and how horrible it was getting with teachers quitting left and right and other staff leaving or getting laid off. When we parents, as paying customers wanted to speak to Buccellato through emails or phone calls, nobody could ever reach him. Here we were paying $6000 a month to the school and Buccellato never even bothered to respond to any of us parents about our concerns. HLA is the most unprofessional and deceitful place that I have ever encountered.

I have watched Len literally run from parents as fast as those stubby little legs of his could propel him.  Not too long ago he was standing in the lobby talking to one of his henchmen when he saw a man, woman, and child coming through the door.  He asked who they were and was told it was the family bringing their son for admission.  Without another word, he scurried to his office and closed the door.  He is one of the most gutless cowards I've ever had the misfortune of knowing.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 30, 2007, 12:01:16 PM »
Quote from: ""Deborah""
It was pretty evident in the hearing that he wasn't going to class the suit.
Anyone have a copy of that transcript they can post? Some of his comments were unbelievable, very unprofessional, imo.

As to the legality of denying the discovery process, I don't know, but assume B&M did and that they would've taken action if it was illegal.

Not sure if this is the transcript you mean, but here ya go...

IN THE UNITED STATES DISTRICT COURT
FOR THE NORTHERN DISTRICT OF GEORGIA
GAINESVILLE DIVISION
JILL RYAN and RON RYAN, :
DOFF MEYER and ROBIN :
BRECKER, WALTER COLES, :
THERESA PINES, and :
DR. EDWARD ROBERSON and :
MADELEINE ROBERSON, :
individually and on :
behalf of others similarly situated, :
:
Plaintiffs, : CIVIL ACTION
: N O. 2:06-CV-0146-WCO
vs. ::
HIDDEN LAKE ACADEMY, INC., :
HLA, INC., HIDDEN LAKE :
FOUNDATION, INC., and DR. :
LEONARD BUCCELLATO, :
:
Defendants. :
:
ORDER
Plaintiffs’ motion for class certification [37-1] has been pending since
December 29, 2006. The court has not ignored the motion. On two occasions, the court has granted the parties’ request to defer ruling on it. The most recent request came on June 25, 2007, at which time the parties informed the court that they had reached a settlement agreement and would be jointly moving to certify a settlement class.

Plaintiffs’ original motion to certify has been sitting idle on the court’s
docket for over half a year, and, inasmuch as the parties will soon be submitting a joint motion to certify a settlement class, the court sees no reason to leave the old motion where it sits. Accordingly, plaintiffs’ motion for class certification [37-1] is hereby DENIED without prejudice. As the court made clear during its June 25, 2007 telephone conference, the parties may submit their joint motion for the court’s consideration when it is prepared.

IT IS SO ORDERED, this 15th day of August, 2007.

s/William C. O’Kelley
WILLIAM C. O’KELLEY
Senior United States District Judge

Offline Deborah

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 30, 2007, 12:48:43 PM »
Nope, not that one. The hearing in January re: classing the suit. The public might enjoy reading some of his ignorant, unprofessional comments........

Like kicking things off with stating he hadn't classed a suit since the 70's and, "I have pretty much made up my mind, but if ya'll want to chat about it..."

Here's a doozy:
You pay for a Lincoln Towncar and you get a Ford Pinto, surmised Davidoff. That's what this is.

"It's still a Ford", replied O'Kelly.

And you know the public will be rivited to his ramblings about his chickens and the free lunch at the bar that appeared to be more important than the issue he was preciding over.
Do they put comments like the latter in public records?

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 30, 2007, 02:13:20 PM »
Quote from: ""Deborah""
Nope, not that one. The hearing in January re: classing the suit. The public might enjoy reading some of his ignorant, unprofessional comments........

Like kicking things off with stating he hadn't classed a suit since the 70's and, "I have pretty much made up my mind, but if ya'll want to chat about it..."

Here's a doozy:
You pay for a Lincoln Towncar and you get a Ford Pinto, surmised Davidoff. That's what this is.

"It's still a Ford", replied O'Kelly.

And you know the public will be rivited to his ramblings about his chickens and the free lunch at the bar that appeared to be more important than the issue he was preciding over.
Do they put comments like the latter in public records?

I think that info would have to come directly from the court.  The records I can access don't allow me to see the court reporter's exact transcript, just the formal filings associated with each hearing or court event.