Author Topic: Hey Ginger, LOSE the fucking Amazon javascript.  (Read 1445 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Hey Ginger, LOSE the fucking Amazon javascript.
« on: August 31, 2007, 01:04:16 AM »
On the subtitle for the main TTI forum, it fucking highlighted the words "tough love" with an ad for Bill Milliken's book by the same name.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Re: Hey Ginger, LOSE the fucking Amazon javascript.
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2007, 04:24:11 AM »
Quote from: ""Guest""
On the subtitle for the main TTI forum, it fucking highlighted the words "tough love" with an ad for Bill Milliken's book by the same name.

well that fuckin sucks... lol literally i sent ginger an email... obviously text ads can be touchy although I do know we can also exclude certain phrases and key words. ill talk to her and see if we can adjust it. obviously we shouldn't be promoting anything like that nor would we knowingly.  I do think being able to raise money via advertising is almost imperative as long as we can work out the kinks and do it in a way that doesn't promote that which we are fighting against. but i do appreciate you pointing it out please let me know if you see anything else objectionable. what thread is it? i think there is code that i can place in there to prevent it from picking up words in that thread at least.

Offline webdiva

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2007, 04:37:34 AM »

FYI problem solved for now... just threw in an extra space and bolded it instead of quoting it. The quotes apparently case amazon to think you are quoting a BOOK title.  Good to know.
RIP Steve Matthews and all those we have lost along the way!

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
Hey Ginger, LOSE the fucking Amazon javascript.
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2007, 11:50:15 AM »
And why am I getting the generic ad in the header instead of my selections? Damn it!
"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

Offline Ursus

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2007, 06:34:01 PM »

Hmm... I was wondering 'bout that, as lots of the forums had that kind of thing highlighted... Thought maybe it had to do with a change in policy, something along the lines of milking the shitpits while we're excoriating them... Found it most humorous that Gauld's "Character First..." was advertised while "he" was posting miscellaneous profanities, ha ha!  

But yeah, the irony is not so obvious to everyone that visits here...
-------------- • -------------- • --------------

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2007, 04:18:42 AM »
Quote from: ""Ursus""

Hmm... I was wondering 'bout that, as lots of the forums had that kind of thing highlighted... Thought maybe it had to do with a change in policy, something along the lines of milking the shitpits while we're excoriating them... Found it most humorous that Gauld's "Character First..." was advertised while "he" was posting miscellaneous profanities, ha ha!  

But yeah, the irony is not so obvious to everyone that visits here...

not no mo.