Author Topic: The fornits' wiki just made me barf.  (Read 2253 times)

Offline try another castle

• Registered Users
    • View Profile
The fornits' wiki just made me barf.
« on: August 12, 2007, 09:40:38 PM »
I was looking to see if there had been any entries on CEDU yet, (none so far) and there was a link to Dan Earle's tribute to Mel on strugglingtards.com.

I'd never read it before. Probably most have you have?

http://www.strugglingteens.com/archives ... ews01.html

Here are two passages which gave me pause:

During the 70’s Mel spoke of a “Golden Age of Education”, and that each of us had an opportunity to make a contribution to the collective knowledge of this “age”. He would state “at this moment we are at the white hot center of the development of a philosophy and approach to education that will live long after our own individual experience”.

The impact of Mel Wasserman’s revolutionary contribution to education lives on in the lives of the individuals and the schools that bear his imprint. If there was ever a book worthy of writing, it would be “A Golden Age - Mel Wasserman’s Cedu Education”.

Okay, this makes me sick. Not sick because someone is singing the praises of a man who was an evil, greedy, narcissistic, pus-bag of a human, but because... well... HOW TRUE IS THIS SHIT?

Serioiusly,  one of these fucking days, us CEDOGS need to get our heads together and find out how influential CEDU *really* was on the TBS industry. Is Dan talking a bunch of kool-aid drinking, ass-kissing bullshit, or is there some truth to this?

Yeah, that's my new nickname for us.. CEDOGS, because that's how we were treated, and dogs never forget abuse.

Next thanksgiving's touch football game: the CEDOGS vs. the CEDU-ites.

We'll kill 'em.

Pick your teams now.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline webdiva

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: The fornits' wiki just made me barf.
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2007, 10:14:25 PM »
Quote from: ""try another castle""
I was looking to see if there had been any entries on CEDU yet, (none so far) and there was a link to Dan Earle's tribute to Mel on strugglingtards.com.

I'd never read it before. Probably most have you have?

http://www.strugglingteens.com/archives ... ews01.html

Here are two passages which gave me pause:

During the 70’s Mel spoke of a “Golden Age of Education”, and that each of us had an opportunity to make a contribution to the collective knowledge of this “age”. He would state “at this moment we are at the white hot center of the development of a philosophy and approach to education that will live long after our own individual experience”.

The impact of Mel Wasserman’s revolutionary contribution to education lives on in the lives of the individuals and the schools that bear his imprint. If there was ever a book worthy of writing, it would be “A Golden Age - Mel Wasserman’s Cedu Education”.

Okay, this makes me sick. Not sick because someone is singing the praises of a man who was an evil, greedy, narcissistic, pus-bag of a human, but because... well... HOW TRUE IS THIS SHIT?

Serioiusly,  one of these fucking days, us CEDOGS need to get our heads together and find out how influential CEDU *really* was on the TBS industry. Is Dan talking a bunch of kool-aid drinking, ass-kissing bullshit, or is there some truth to this?

Yeah, that's my new nickname for us.. CEDOGS, because that's how we were treated, and dogs never forget abuse.

Next thanksgiving's touch football game: the CEDOGS vs. the CEDU-ites.

We'll kill 'em.

Pick your teams now.

Is Mel like one of those names were if your parents name you Melvin you will work in the TTI and abuse children? Melvin is NOT a popular name yet 3 pretty prominent Mels are figures in the TTI.  Im sure there are more.  It's worth doing research on! Ok maybe not but still! LOL
RIP Steve Matthews and all those we have lost along the way!

Offline hanzomon4

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2007, 10:21:07 PM »
I would say that CEDU is the most popular model being replicated these days, the abuse is more subtle to the ignorant.
i]Do something real, however, small. And don\'t-- don\'t diss the political things, but understand their limitations - Grace Lee Boggs[/i]
I do see the present and the future of our children as very dark. But I trust the people\'s capacity for reflection, rage, and rebellion - Oscar Olivera

Howto]

Offline psy

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://homepage.mac.com/psyborgue/
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2007, 11:39:00 PM »
Quote from: ""hanzomon4""
I would say that CEDU is the most popular model being replicated these days, the abuse is more subtle to the ignorant.

But not at all subtle to those who suffer it.  I know.
Benchmark Young Adult School - bad place [archive.org link]
Sue Scheff Truth - Blog on Sue Scheff
"Our services are free; we do not make a profit. Parents of troubled teens ourselves, PURE strives to create a safe haven of truth and reality." - Sue Scheff - August 13th, 2007 (fukkin surreal)

• Registered Users
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2007, 11:57:25 PM »
Quote from: ""psy""

Hanz has a point, though, psy. Most places have a harsher punitive system, which is more visible to discern as abuse. What we went through was no less valid, just harder to spot by an outsider. A kid hogtied on the floor for 72 hours is going to stand out much more than someone sitting silently at a booth, where only the staff and student body know that they can't talk to x amount of people, can't smile, laugh, or hug, they get yelled at in every rap, and they have to dig up stumps every single day, all day.

Offline psy

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://homepage.mac.com/psyborgue/
« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2007, 12:46:26 AM »
Quote from: ""try another castle""
Quote from: ""psy""

Hanz has a point, though, psy. Most places have a harsher punitive system, which is more visible to discern as abuse. What we went through was no less valid, just harder to spot by an outsider. A kid hogtied on the floor for 72 hours is going to stand out much more than someone sitting silently at a booth, where only the staff and student body know that they can't talk to x amount of people, can't smile, laugh, or hug, they get yelled at in every rap, and they have to dig up stumps every single day, all day.

He totally has a point, however, regardless of the method of coercion, the result is the same in the end.  Many, if not most end up believing that hate is love, that is abuse is help, that cult quackery is therapy.
Benchmark Young Adult School - bad place [archive.org link]
Sue Scheff Truth - Blog on Sue Scheff
"Our services are free; we do not make a profit. Parents of troubled teens ourselves, PURE strives to create a safe haven of truth and reality." - Sue Scheff - August 13th, 2007 (fukkin surreal)

Offline hanzomon4

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2007, 12:57:03 AM »
Yeah that's why I say ignorant, it needs to be explained to outsiders. I actually got the heads up from reading psy's benchmark website.
i]Do something real, however, small. And don\'t-- don\'t diss the political things, but understand their limitations - Grace Lee Boggs[/i]
I do see the present and the future of our children as very dark. But I trust the people\'s capacity for reflection, rage, and rebellion - Oscar Olivera

Howto]

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
blah
« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2007, 01:28:45 AM »
CEDU's fuckery was insidiously demoralizing.   It looked good in the brochure (rustic cabins in the woods), called itself a school (this was a blatant lie when I went there), and highlighted its qualified therapeutic staff (another lie, even more full o' crockery).   Back before Internet, I can see how parents would get sucked into facade.  They really thought they were sending kids off to caring staff, with academics available, in a lovely country setting, away from the emotional and physical debris of the past.  

Because our isolation from our family and friends was part of the program, it was all too easy to manipulate parents into thinking their kid was even worse off then they originally thought, headed to death or jail,
and only manipulating them for attention... they even convinced parents of kids who never tried sex or drugs, or had any addictions or disorders that they were rapidly propelling themselves to hell in a handbasket.  Yeah, the CEDU BS machine was quite effective. You had virgins believing they were whores, and minors thinking it was perfectly reasonable to listen to a grown man talk about his masturbatory history.

So, I understand, back then, how things were overlooked... But now? With all the info out there and available? The fact there are no longitudinal studies? No transitional help--which would be bogus anyway when it comes to cult-like mentalities....

People still see the "Help Teen" shingle and assume its better than home.

Offline dishdutyfugitive

• View Profile
    • http://www.foxmovies.com/fightclub/
« Reply #8 on: August 13, 2007, 06:13:09 PM »
Castle.

Did you pull stumps too?

I pulled some big bastards out during my full time. Between Denali and the house right by the creek. 100 feet up from the discovery boot room - Up towards the quest trail. I was sore as shit the first few nights sitting at that booth.

• Registered Users
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 13, 2007, 06:46:09 PM »
Quote from: ""dishdutyfugitive""
Castle.

Did you pull stumps too?

I pulled some big bastards out during my full time. Between Denali and the house right by the creek. 100 feet up from the discovery boot room - Up towards the quest trail. I was sore as shit the first few nights sitting at that booth.

Nope. I myself never pulled stumps. I built a huge rock wall, though.

Offline blownawaytheidahoway

• View Profile
a drain
« Reply #10 on: August 29, 2007, 09:31:48 AM »
I made a really needed storm drain just below the point. You remember the point on the way down to the sauna? That took about three weeks of all day  hand labor in challenge. Woo hoo. Here forever baby. I own my work, and I wonder if I dynamited up the area now, how long it would take a crew of six Guatamalens with a back hoe to redirect the ensuing water diversion?
Life is a very wonderful thing.\' said Dr. Branom... \'The processes of life, the make- up of the human organism, who can fully understand these miracles?... What is happening to you now is what should happen to any normal healthy human organism...You are being made sane, you are being made healthy.
     \'That I will not have, \' I said, \'nor can understand at all. What you\'ve been doing is to make me feel very very ill.\'
                         -Anthony Burgess
                      A Clockwork Orange

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 29, 2007, 11:18:05 AM »
How long would it take them?

Depends on where they are at w/their values propheet...... If they're going fast it could take months. If they're in touch with themselves and right where they need to be then they could finish it at lifespeed.