Author Topic: Sexual assaults and inappropriate behavior by Hyde Staff  (Read 23533 times)

Offline Anne Bonney

• View Profile
Sexual assaults and inappropriate behavior by Hyde Staff
« Reply #15 on: August 28, 2007, 11:52:54 AM »
Quote from: ""Ursus""
Yup.  They roll their eyes.  It's the subject of jokes.

I'm sure it's brought up in faculty meetings, "Whatever you do, don't post on fornits so they don't know you're reading it."  And then, every once in a while, a newbie faculty member, duly indoctrinated but a bit hazy on the rules, posts anyway, "This is a cesspool!"
 :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:

My favorite is when they come on and call us a bunch of losers and tell us that we're irrelevant and no one pays attention to us.  But then, you go onto their websites and get a kick out of how much they change it according to what's posted here.  They're reading and replying alright, they just reply on their own site instead of here.

HLA was notorious for sending ringers in (they thought we didn't know  :rofl: ) and try and deflect the conversation that was going on about the lack of qualifications of their staff and outright falsehoods in their advertising.  But, lo and behold, the website and bios of the staff began to change.  It was hysterical!!  Say it here, it comes out there.

::roflmao::
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
traight, St. Pete, early 80s
AA is a cult http://www.orange-papers.org/orange-cult.html

The more boring a child is, the more the parents, when showing off the child, receive adulation for being good parents-- because they have a tame child-creature in their house.  ~~  Frank Zappa

Offline Jesus H Christ

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 28, 2007, 12:04:30 PM »
Quote from: ""Hydemom""
Quote from: ""JoeSoulBro""
It is part of the Hyde ethos.  You are responsible for your experience at Hyde.  If Hyde does not work for you it is because you did not commit to the process.  So if you are sexually harassed at Hyde it is because you allowed it to happen.

Very interesting that you say this.  When LD enjoyed himself rubbing his body all over my daughter she  complained to Ken Grant who then called her into a meeting with LD, (without my knowledge) along with other adult staff.  She was made to confront him in front of all. MY GOD, this was a sexual assault and they want a young teenage girl to be in the same room as the perpetrator to "confront" him??  Sorry, but this goes beyond sick!! Every single one of those staff who participated in this and knew it was wrong needs to look at themselves and ask why they were such cowards.  I am referring to the non family members who were upset yet kept silent.

This picture is achingly similar to the picture of Hyde School thinking there was nothing wrong with assembling the student body for butt naked fat measurements.

Point is, Hyde thinks there is nothing wrong with this.  

And it doesn't matter that the rest of the world thinks there is something wrong with this, cuz the rest of the world is in a piss-poor position to judge character.  Character being, of course, what Hyde is the expert at.

Remember, Joe said "leave the character judgments to us, we are in a better position to judge than parents are" (paraphrase; emphasis added).

The fact that they think there is nothing wrong with these kinds of things reflects a very sick, conservative, and paternalistic outlook.  The bottom of that barrel has yet to be scraped.

conservative

I have friends that are both socially and politically conservative.  I  don't think they would condone what Hyde has done in this case.  As a matter of fact one guy I work with says you should keep guys like LD out of the criminal justice system all together and just take them deer hunting:

"Hey Larry you circle 'round through the woods and drive the deer back to us."
sk and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 28, 2007, 12:07:14 PM »
Tell me about it!  One thing I really noticed about the Hyde site is that they put most of it under 'https' so you can't get on and read most of it without being tracked and logged up the wazzoo.  They REALLY want to know who is visiting and probably try to sync up posts which contain material from their site with visits to the respective sites referred to.  Those suckers are paranoid for a reason!!!

Offline Ursus

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 28, 2007, 12:12:23 PM »
Well, Bro, being 'conservative' is not necessarily the same thing as being 'sick,' although there are those amongst us who might like to word it that way.  But the kind of 'sick' that Hyde is is a 'conservative sick.'  Maybe I should have tried to word it that way, but I was afraid to run the risk of sounding like a lisping idiot.
-------------- • -------------- • --------------

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 28, 2007, 12:29:34 PM »
...just take them deer hunting:

"Hey Larry you circle 'round through the woods and drive the deer back to us."

I'd like to take that guy out deer hunting and shoot his nuts off with a BB gun, but I'd probably miss.  Target's too small.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 28, 2007, 01:07:40 PM »
When LD enjoyed himself rubbing his body all over my daughter she complained to Ken Grant who then called her into a meeting with LD, (without my knowledge) along with other adult staff.

sounds kinda like she was sexaully assaulted all over again, pyschologically that is.

dont tell me those staff were all men.  that would make it real like that thurel case, no?

Offline Hydemom

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 28, 2007, 03:26:03 PM »
Quote from: ""Guest""
When LD enjoyed himself rubbing his body all over my daughter she complained to Ken Grant who then called her into a meeting with LD, (without my knowledge) along with other adult staff.

sounds kinda like she was sexaully assaulted all over again, pyschologically that is.

dont tell me those staff were all men.  that would make it real like that thurel case, no?

There were male and female staff in this meeting. My daughter told me it was the most humiliating thing she was ever forced to do.  She was having trouble being in the same room as the creep teacher, (LD) who fondled her, so was looking the other way. Judy Fortier, a former Hyde Mom and staffer told her, "xxxxx, you need to look at LD when you talk to him." Ken Grant also told her that she needed to confront LD and let him know how uncomfortable he made her feel.

The fact that these misguided, ignoramus, mentally impaired  fools who run Hyde School would think it is normal or therapuetic to put a child (victim) through this says it all!!

Offline Joseph W. Gauld

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 28, 2007, 03:28:18 PM »
It is part of the Hyde ethos.  You are responsible for your experience at Hyde.  If Hyde does not work for you it is because you did not commit to the process.  So if you are sexually harassed at Hyde it is because you allowed it to happen.

Very interesting that you say this.  When LD enjoyed himself rubbing his body all over my daughter she  complained to Ken Grant who then called her into a meeting with LD, (without my knowledge) along with other adult staff.  She was made to confront him in front of all. MY GOD, this was a sexual assault and they want a young teenage girl to be in the same room as the perpetrator to "confront" him??  Sorry, but this goes beyond sick!! Every single one of those staff who participated in this and knew it was wrong needs to look at themselves and ask why they were such cowards.  I am referring to the non family members who were upset yet kept silent.

This picture is achingly similar to the picture of Hyde School thinking there was nothing wrong with assembling the student body for butt naked fat measurements.

Point is, Hyde thinks there is nothing wrong with this.  

And it doesn't matter that the rest of the world thinks there is something wrong with this, cuz the rest of the world is in a piss-poor position to judge character.  Character being, of course, what Hyde is the expert at.

Remember, Joe said "leave the character judgments to us, we are in a better position to judge than parents are" (paraphrase; emphasis added).

The fact that they think there is nothing wrong with these kinds of things reflects a very sick, conservative, and paternalistic outlook.  The bottom of that barrel has yet to be scraped.

"I love kids.  I can't resist little ones.  We often knowingly catch each other's eye, on an airplane or while standing in line."

« Last Edit: August 28, 2007, 10:44:38 PM by Guest »

Offline Joseph W. Gauld

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 28, 2007, 03:31:47 PM »
There were male and female staff in this meeting. My daughter told me it was the most humiliating thing she was ever forced to do.  She was having trouble being in the same room as the creep teacher, (LD) who fondled her, so was looking the other way. Judy Fortier, a former Hyde Mom and staffer told her, "xxxxx, you need to look at LD when you talk to him." Ken Grant also told her that she needed to confront LD and let him know how uncomfortable he made her feel.

The fact that these misguided, ignoramus, mentally impaired  fools who run Hyde School would think it is normal or therapuetic to put a child (victim) through this says it all!!

Humiliation is good for the soul.  Trust me, had you kept your parental meddling out of this, we could have made a man out of your daughter yet!

« Last Edit: August 28, 2007, 10:45:34 PM by Guest »

Offline Joseph W. Gauld

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 28, 2007, 04:00:12 PM »

"misguided"  - the important thing is that we CARE

"ignoramus" - I have always said, character over academics.  Let me tell you a story about two boys, one smart, one dumb...

"mentally impaired" - hey, don't hold the fact that Blanche and I were soused out of our gourds throughout most of my kids' childhoods against me!  Remember, I CARE!  Oh, and FAS?... its a myth!

Therapy is what you make it.  Maybe your daughter couldnt handle it.  We don't need any professionals.  We care about our Hyde kids.  Especially the ones we can convince into coming back and teaching for $15k/year...

« Last Edit: August 28, 2007, 10:46:28 PM by Guest »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 28, 2007, 04:18:58 PM »
:rofl:  :rofl:

Offline Ursus

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 29, 2007, 02:22:39 AM »

Okay, from what I understand Hyde called this meeting, let's call it the "victim is expected to confront assailant" meeting, and from what I've read thus far plus other information which I will not go into, this is not exactly a meeting that the victim wanted, in fact, the victim has said "it was the most humiliating thing she was ever forced to do."

[li] Diddler Dubinsky, accused of sexual assault;[/li]
[li] Ken Grant, heavy honcho school official, doesn't want the school to be held liable, friend of Diddler and Diddler's wife;[/li]
[li] Judy Fortier, Hyde staff and sycophant, friend of Claire and Ken Grant, friend of Diddler and Diddler's wife, husband also used to work at Hyde but allegedly left "because of a pronounced proclivity to ogle undergrads;"[/li]
[li] unidentified male Hyde staff #1, Hyde apologist whether he wants to be or not;[/li]
[li] unidentified male Hyde staff #2, Hyde apologist whether he wants to be or not;[/li]
[li] perhaps others.[/li][/list]

[li]  victim, underage, family is far away and has not been informed.[/li][/list]

Ummm... something seems a bit OFF about this picture.  Two things rear up in my mind, other than the incredibly disparate blocks of personnel (just squint your eyes and look at that screen).
    Why weren't the parents informed
immediately when the original complaints were aired, not to mention by the time this meeting took place (from what I've heard, there was even a second meeting like the above before they deigned to get around to it)?

Why isn't there an advocate for this girl present, even an informal one, a teacher or confidante of her own choosing, preferable someone outside of the school with no hidden agenda?[/list]
What exactly was Hyde trying to accomplish by intimidating and humiliating this girl who had just been sexually assaulted by one of the participants?

==================

Addendum, Aug. 29, 2007:  I knew I had remembered seeing Judy Fortiere's name somewhere.  I went back and re-read Gary's ISAC document.  She start's being mentioned about a little more than a third of the way through.  For greater ease of reading as well as for the greater good of everyone, I have copied this document onto fornits with its own thread.  Links for downloading and source are provided therein.  Many thanks, Gary!
http://wwf.fornits.com/viewtopic.php?t=23004

Offline Hydemom

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 29, 2007, 12:29:01 PM »

Okay, from what I understand Hyde called this meeting, let's call it the "victim is expected to confront assailant" meeting, and from what I've read thus far plus other information which I will not go into, this is not exactly a meeting that the victim wanted, in fact, the victim has said "it was the most humiliating thing she was ever forced to do."

[li] Diddler Dubinsky, accused of sexual assault;[/li]
[li] Ken Grant, heavy honcho school official, doesn't want the school to be held liable, friend of Diddler and Diddler's wife;[/li]
[li] Judy Fortier, Hyde staff and sycophant, friend of Claire and Ken Grant, friend of Diddler and Diddler's wife, husband also used to work at Hyde but allegedly left "because of a pronounced proclivity to ogle undergrads;"[/li]
[li] unidentified male Hyde staff #1, Hyde apologist whether he wants to be or not;[/li]
[li] unidentified male Hyde staff #2, Hyde apologist whether he wants to be or not;[/li]
[li] perhaps others.[/li][/list]

[li]  victim, underage, family is far away and has not been informed.[/li][/list]

Ummm... something seems a bit OFF about this picture.  Two things rear up in my mind, other than the incredibly disparate blocks of personnel (just squint your eyes and look at that screen).
    Why weren't the parents informed
immediately when the original complaints were aired, not to mention by the time this meeting took place (from what I've heard, there was even a second meeting like the above before they deigned to get around to it)?

Why isn't there an advocate for this girl present, even an informal one, a teacher or confidante of her own choosing, preferable someone outside of the school with no hidden agenda?[/list]
What exactly was Hyde trying to accomplish by intimidating and humiliating this girl who had just been sexually assaulted by one of the participants?

==================

Addendum, Aug. 29, 2007:  I knew I had remembered seeing Judy Fortiere's name somewhere.  I went back and re-read Gary's ISAC document.  She start's being mentioned about a little more than a third of the way through.  For greater ease of reading as well as for the greater good of everyone, I have copied this document onto fornits with its own thread.  Links for downloading and source are provided therein.  Many thanks, Gary!
http://wwf.fornits.com/viewtopic.php?t=23004

As a former parent  I will say that I don't think they were bad people. I think that Judy had good intentions but was sadly misguided. I believe she found a purpose at Hyde after having difficulties as a parent.  It can happen.  It happened to us.  Louis was a decent guy from what I remember, but it was obvious he was afraid of Hyde and speaking out against them. I was very disappointed in his weak character and allowing himself to be influenced by the Grants and Gaulds even though it was apparent he and Judy had strong convinctions about this sexual predator, LD. In fact Judy was the one who first encouraged our daughter to come forward as she too was sick of LD's behavior year after year.

I was glad to hear that the Fortier's "got out" of Hyde!

Offline Ursus

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 29, 2007, 12:55:56 PM »
I was glad to hear that the Fortier's "got out" of Hyde!

They probably had very little choice about that.  It sounds like they were trying to straddle the middle road: placating Hyde, yet trying to do the best by the kids.  That's kind of like trying to straddle the running boards of two different cars, each on its own separate road.  Sooner or later, one turns off somewhere and, well...

That kind of situation always ends up with said staff being thrown out on their ear, or them managing to slip off discretely after having woken up to what Hyde is, before Hyde wakes up to their "disloyalty."

The only other route is a deal with the devil:  heart and soul.  Flesh payments only.

==================

Regardless of Judy Fortier's motivations, the above scenario of your daughter having to stand up to a roomful of Hyde diehards and apologists, including the man who sexually assaulted her, is just plain sick.  I'm sorry, but no amount of feel-good intentions will cut it for me on this one.   I doubt very much Judy was ever held accountable for her actions here.

Of course, what am I saying.  It is always Hyde's position that the kid is primarily to blame.

Offline Joseph W. Gauld

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 21, 2007, 05:04:31 PM »
Of course, what am I saying.  It is always Hyde's position that the kid is primarily to blame.

Damn right!! Ungrateful little mealy-mouthed twits!  We at Hyde have dedicated our lives to helping kids grow up to be fine, upstanding citizens.  And yet, without "parental commitment, most Hyde students fail to realize their potential, no matter how great our initial success with them."  You, see, it is definitely NOT our fault!!

Flabbergasted,
Joseph W. Gauld, The Educator