Author Topic: Honor  (Read 15870 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Honor
« Reply #15 on: August 27, 2007, 04:04:26 PM »
As long as we're gossiping, there's the husband of Marie J. (French teacher, very sweet lady), who did a stint as photography teacher and Hyde pedophile.  He had an affair with a student named Beth who disappeared shortly thereafter.  Nothing was ever made public.

Never heard anything about Sumner and students--but the young married male faculty were fair game.  Funny how that never came out (so to speak) in seminars.

In the early 80's, when I was there, faculty were having quite a love-in--so many couples, I think they pressed headmaster Legg into service as a justice of the peace, to marry them in the sunken garden.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Ursus

• View Profile
Honor
« Reply #16 on: August 27, 2007, 05:07:40 PM »
Quote from: ""Guest""
assoc off and on w tranqul space, yoga place in DC. 2002-2006. periodic back to maine
a couple pics here  http://tranquilspace.com/tees.shtml

described as MSW Life Coach and yoga teacher
Well, Wes, I gotta tell you, and I sure hope I don't offend you with this, but I checked out that link, and followed it to the original site and read there a bit...  

And I am guessing that that is the right person, although whether it is or not probably doesn't affect most of the rest of this post...

MSW?  Life Coach?  What is the friggin' world coming to?  I don't know what it is about these New Agey places but they attract the fruit flies like a basket of rotting apples.  Mind you, I have no issues with yoga, per se, but these days it seems like the discipline has become a bastion of, and safe haven for, parasitic weirdos who just prey on people's natural desire to better themselves.

In the later pictures she reminds me of an older woman I knew shortly after Hyde, who preyed on the naivete and age-typical hormones of younger "men," ostensibly as a recovery method in reaction to a bad and failed marriage with a misogynist prick.  As I got to know her better, I rethought that latter descriptive.  

I don't care what kind of bad experience or trauma or what have you that they went through before, it sure as hell doesn't give people any right to go trawling through the student body for a more malleable stiff, so to speak.

Anybody that went through Hyde or any similar type of experience knows that people's souls are crushed together in a heat of misery and strong feelings.  It's bound to happen that people sometimes imagine a connection with one another that has far less basis in reality simply because of all the pressure. However, it really is the responsibility of the faculty member in such cases, both morally and legally, to keep a lid on things from progressing to inappropriate extremes. After all, they are supposedly the adult!

I can't even begin to imagine what "processing" you must have gone through in the aftermath.  How do you understand all that?  What box do you put that in?  In my time I can remember looking up to the faculty like they were God.  Well, not quite God, but you get the drift...  I couldn't imagine questioning any of them.  (I questioned the verity of plenty that I remember going on there after I got out, though...)
-------------- • -------------- • --------------

Offline Ursus

• View Profile
Honor
« Reply #17 on: August 27, 2007, 05:12:37 PM »
In the early 80's, when I was there, faculty were having quite a love-in--so many couples, I think they pressed headmaster Legg into service as a justice of the peace, to marry them in the sunken garden.

OMG, that's so sweeeeet....

NOT!!!!

::puke::  ::puke::  ::puke::  ::puke::  ::puke::

Offline Anne Bonney

• View Profile
Honor
« Reply #18 on: August 27, 2007, 05:18:07 PM »
Quote from: ""Ursus""
MSW?  Life Coach?  What is the friggin' world coming to?  I don't know what it is about these New Agey places but they attract the fruit flies like a basket of rotting apples.  Mind you, I have no issues with yoga, per se, but these days it seems like the discipline has become a bastion of, and safe haven for, parasitic weirdos who just prey on people's natural desire to better themselves.

Newage:

Pronunciation: 'nü-ij
Function: noun
Etymology: 3sewer
: refuse liquids or waste matter usually carried off by sewers

:rofl:
traight, St. Pete, early 80s
AA is a cult http://www.orange-papers.org/orange-cult.html

The more boring a child is, the more the parents, when showing off the child, receive adulation for being good parents-- because they have a tame child-creature in their house.  ~~  Frank Zappa

Offline Ursus

• View Profile
Honor
« Reply #19 on: August 27, 2007, 05:57:17 PM »
As long as we're gossiping, there's the husband of Marie J. (French teacher, very sweet lady), who did a stint as photography teacher and Hyde pedophile.  He had an affair with a student named Beth who disappeared shortly thereafter.  Nothing was ever made public.

Never heard anything about Sumner and students--but the young married male faculty were fair game.  Funny how that never came out (so to speak) in seminars.

Didn't mean to drop the ball on this, Guest.  I'm just having a hard time wrapping my brain around all these new cases.  We need a bulletin board like in Law & Order to track all this sordid history...

Well, probably no coincidence that Peyton Place was written in Maine, ha ha ha!

Okay... gigolo husband of Marie J. (French teacher), seduces and has an affair with "Beth."  Did this enter the official knowledge base of Hyde, is that why she had to leave?  What happened to the photographer?  And Marie?  Did they continue to teach at Hyde afterwards?  Did Beth's parents get involved at all?  This wouldn't, perchance, be Beth D., would it?

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Honor
« Reply #20 on: August 27, 2007, 06:18:56 PM »
Yes, all this did "enter the official knowledge base of Hyde."  Don't know why B. left (NOT Denton--this young woman was a more marginal figure.  forgot her name, she was pretty in a slightly geeky midwestern way, very blonde, glasses.) but who would want to stay, really, after such an experience.  Certainly she had enough experience with Hyde's seminar process to wish not to expose her soft underbelly to the jackals.

The Hawley situation with one student-turned faculty was the subject of some exclusive upper-level faculty seminars--not for public consumption.

I have mixed feelings about unearthing all this--don't wish to harm those who wish for privacy, but the ongoing, endemic hypocrisy of Hyde School continues to cause damage.  Being exposed to this at such a young age was traumatic to me--don't wish it on others.

Offline Ursus

• View Profile
Honor
« Reply #21 on: August 27, 2007, 07:02:45 PM »
Yes, all this did "enter the official knowledge base of Hyde."  Don't know why B. left (NOT Denton--this young woman was a more marginal figure.  forgot her name, she was pretty in a slightly geeky midwestern way, very blonde, glasses.) but who would want to stay, really, after such an experience.  Certainly she had enough experience with Hyde's seminar process to wish not to expose her soft underbelly to the jackals.
Nice picture. "Soft underbelly to the jackals."  That is the "Hyde seminar experience" to a tee.

But what happened to the adults in that situation?  The perp, his wife?

The Hawley situation with one student-turned faculty was the subject of some exclusive upper-level faculty seminars--not for public consumption.
Who was this?  I already have a fair idea of one possible candidate.  I guess I'm wondering if there were more, or how many more. What did Jean Gannett have to say about all of that?

I have mixed feelings about unearthing all this--don't wish to harm those who wish for privacy, but the ongoing, endemic hypocrisy of Hyde School continues to cause damage.  Being exposed to this at such a young age was traumatic to me--don't wish it on others.

Believe me, it is a cancer that will grow 'till you find some release.  There is only one direction this kind of thing goes.  The early cases trickle in, one by one, accumulating... More and more people put their two cents in as they realize that they were not nearly as alone in this as they had been led to believe.  And it all comes out, eventually... to the benefit and greater emotional health of everyone, including those programmies at Hyde who think they are doing everyone a favor by keeping it all wrapped up.

Privacy issues are sensitive ones, people do have their own timetables on that one, and you have to respect that.  But they do seem to get shorter the more company there is, so to speak...

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Honor
« Reply #22 on: August 27, 2007, 07:15:29 PM »
But what happened to the adults in that situation?  The perp, his wife?.
 Don't know.

Hawley pal:  Phil

Don't remember a lot more details--old age + tried not to let it all sink into my brain at the time . . . LA LA LA  my authority figures are FREAKS!!  LA LA LA   secrets are Ok for some but not others LA LA LA haven't had sex yet, but know WAY too much about adult complications LA LA LA

Offline Ursus

• View Profile
Honor
« Reply #23 on: August 27, 2007, 07:29:09 PM »
Okay, I'll tell you right off the bat that Hawley tried it with someone else too.  Don't know how far that one ended up going, but it was not the person you mention.  Does the person you mention still live in Maine?

As to your last paragraph, jeesh, tell me about it!  When I look back on that place, I didn't know anyone that was as fucked up as these people are!  And yet, I'm the one who was getting toasted at the time!!

You should take on a username, if you haven't already... Could you PM me? If you feel uncomfortable about that, that's okay too.  No pressures.

Offline Jesus H Christ

• View Profile
Honor
« Reply #24 on: August 27, 2007, 08:32:03 PM »
But what happened to the adults in that situation?  The perp, his wife?.
 Don't know.

Hawley pal:  Phil

Don't remember a lot more details--old age + tried not to let it all sink into my brain at the time . . . LA LA LA  my authority figures are FREAKS!!  LA LA LA   secrets are Ok for some but not others LA LA LA haven't had sex yet, but know WAY too much about adult complications LA LA LA

Sumner and the love that dares not speak its name!  It is that deep spiritual affection that is as pure as it is perfect. It dictates and pervades great works of art, like those of Shakespeare, Michelangelo, and Sumner's  lectures.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oscar_Wilde

He was a grand old fag.
sk and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you.

Offline Ursus

• View Profile
Honor
« Reply #25 on: August 27, 2007, 08:45:46 PM »
Yeah, right, and don't forget Socrates while you're at it... Speaking of which, where's Mike these days?

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Honor
« Reply #26 on: August 27, 2007, 09:01:02 PM »
Okay, I'll tell you right off the bat that Hawley tried it with someone else too.  Don't know how far that one ended up going, but it was not the person you mention.  Does the person you mention still live in Maine?

As to your last paragraph, jeesh, tell me about it!  When I look back on that place, I didn't know anyone that was as fucked up as these people are!  And yet, I'm the one who was getting toasted at the time!!

You should take on a username, if you haven't already... Could you PM me?  If you'd rather go the route of email, it's on my profile.  And if you feel uncomfortable about that, that's okay too.  No pressures.

Student or teacher?

I always liked ol' sumner--but have a hard time imagining him successfully seducing youngsters--he was old and had dandruff.  (of course my aging, dandruff-y self sort of sympathises--as long as we're talking about consenting adults.  sort of)

can't do a username.  too paranoid/lazy

Offline Ursus

• View Profile
Honor
« Reply #27 on: August 27, 2007, 10:44:57 PM »

You should take on a username, if you haven't already... Could you PM me?  If you'd rather go the route of email, it's on my profile.  And if you feel uncomfortable about that, that's okay too.  No pressures.
Student or teacher?

I always liked ol' sumner--but have a hard time imagining him successfully seducing youngsters--he was old and had dandruff.  (of course my aging, dandruff-y self sort of sympathises--as long as we're talking about consenting adults.  sort of)

can't do a username.  too paranoid/lazy
Former student, returned to visit, may have returned to teach, not sure about that...

Do not underestimate the persuasive qualities of the all-powerful Hyde mystique of greater character through copulation, it's been used too many a time to not be taken seriously. J/k.

Having a fornits username does not mean that you have to use it when posting.  Many do not.  But you'll be able to PM people about stuff you're too afraid to post.  Or about questions you have that you'd rather not post.  Or anything else for that matter.

Daily use of a good quality hair conditioner, even if you think your hair tends to be on the oily side, will combat dandruff better that any targeting product on the market.  Make sure to rub it in your scalp, not just your hair, for maximum effect.  Otherwise, use as directed.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Honor
« Reply #28 on: August 27, 2007, 11:27:57 PM »
I don't really have dandruff  :)

Luckily, there hasn't been that much I don't want to ask/answer publicly
thanks for the info

Offline Ursus

• View Profile