Author Topic: Bethel Boys Academy (Miss) Investigated  (Read 5760 times)

Offline Dr Fucktard

• View Profile
Bethel Boys Academy (Miss) Investigated
« Reply #15 on: February 29, 2004, 11:18:00 PM »
That little brat giving you trouble?
Pay me to fix your children!
Satisfaction guaranteed..
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 02, 2004, 09:39:00 PM »
I recently mentioned a site I have a large part in called http://www.freewebs.com/bethel-truth.

Originally when we put it on the net we had stringent posting requirements. We have relaxed them significantly, as well as added a news page and started a postings page.

We now want anyone that would like to submit an essay style statement of abuse, mistreatment or other wrongs done to them at Bethel. This includes employees as well.

Any news items of interest are very sought after. Leaks about any current crisises or catastrophies at Bethel going on now will really be good for us. Any news item of interest from current employees will be appreciated.

You may remain 100% anonymous and never give your real name or real email address if you like. If you need help setting up an anonymous account (through someone like Yahoo) just drop us a line at [email protected].

I am proud to announce this site as a supplement to the excellent job Formits and other forums do to give us to have a voice against people like the Fountains and Bethel. We are not trying to replace the forums, but rather help them in the fight to close all the Beth-HELLS for ever.

Rod Namdoog

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 02, 2004, 09:43:00 PM »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 09, 2004, 09:46:00 PM »
In 1974, the Supreme Court decided that neither presumed or punitive damages are to be allowed unless the plaintiff proves that the publisher/broadcaster made the statement knowing that it was false or entertaining serious doubts to its truth

Offline Watchaduen

• View Profile
    • http://groups.yahoo.com/group/BethelAcademyAbuse/
« Reply #19 on: May 14, 2004, 11:42:00 PM »
Let it be heard that Bethel will finally have it's fair day in court.  Victims lined up a mile long (to include former employees and even innocent bystanders) are waiting and ready to testify.  Bottom line, all the medical documentation does not lie.  Bethel will be shut down and off to prison the Felony Child Abusers will go.  I truly thank GOD for the internet.  Many years ago victims would come out of Bethel and try to sue.  Nothing against Bethel's money and political corruption in Miss.  This lawsuit is going to make national news.  POWER IN NUMBERS is the motto of this lawsuit.  The internet has allowed victims to find me week after week.  Even former employees (sick of the abuse towards the children and employees) have come forward.  We will prevail.  GOD IS GOOD.
heryle - My son was TORTURED and ABUSED at Bethel Boys Academy aka Eagle Point Christian Academy, aka Pine View Academy, Lucedale, MS.

Offline cherish wisdom

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 15, 2004, 01:54:00 AM »
I'd like to suggest press releases to the major newpapers Nation wide.
PRESS RELEASE - topic - contact information.  
These really do work.  Often reporters will call those on the contact list to formulate a story.  

...the people have a right to keep and bear arms.
-- Patrick Henry and George Mason Debates

If you lack wisdom ask of God and it shall be given to you.\"

Offline Watchaduen

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 20, 2004, 10:54:00 AM »
I believe most of the newspapers down in MS. have been paid off also.  It seems that for a while Bethel was so concerned with websites using newspaper articles (MS. newspapers that had run articles on Bethel's abuse, removal of children, etc.) were threatened by the newspapers to remove them as permission hadn't been granted to use the articles.  I don't believe for one minute that those newspapers suddenly felt they needed to surf the web looking for any and all reprints of their articles on Bethel.  Make sense?
heryle - My son was TORTURED and ABUSED at Bethel Boys Academy aka Eagle Point Christian Academy, aka Pine View Academy, Lucedale, MS.

Offline Watchaduen

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 20, 2004, 05:11:00 PM »
Looks like the Bethel Girls Academy, Petal, MS. (owned and operated by the Fountains also) is in more trouble.
Sheriff says girls moved from Bethel Home in Petal

The Associated Press

PETAL ? About 40 teenage girls have been removed from a privately run, at-risk home in Petal and the case was turned over to the Forrest County Youth Court.

The girls were transferred Wednesday night from the Bethel Home to an undisclosed location for their safety, said Sheriff Billy McGee.
State Department of Human Services spokesman Rick Whitlow said Thursday the agency would have no comment.

?We?re referring all inquiries to the youth court in the county,? Whitlow said.

Under Mississippi law, Youth Court proceedings are confidential.

Sheriff Billy McGee said several state agencies ? including DHS, the attorney general? office and the Mississippi Department of Environmental Quality ? were at the privately owned facility for teenage girls for most of the day Wednesday.

?Apparently, the state received some complaints regarding some sort of mistreatment of the girls,? McGee said. ?I really don?t know what those complaints are, we were just called in to provide security and to transport the girls to a different location.?

The sheriff said that the parents of the girls were being notified to come and pick up their children.

?Until they are picked up from that location, they are under the custody of DHS,? he said. ?Overall, there are about 30-40 kids involved.?

McGee said the Bethel Home is located in Petal, near the Jones County line. He said the facility was operated by a church but he was not sure which one.

Offline Watchaduen

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 21, 2004, 10:58:00 AM »
I think it should be noted that this last story to break about Bethel Girls Academy is only being one by one newspaper down there - the Clarion-Ledger.  The other two big papers the Sun Herald and Gulfport don't seem interested.  Hmmmmmm.  Makes you wonder.  A big story like this and they aren't reporting?

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 29, 2004, 02:51:00 AM »
Well, folks to add to Herman 1 and Herman 2's troubles. the girls home has been busted.

The state took about 35-40 girls out. Seems some overtones of abuse, maybe sexual of some kind.It is absolutely AMAZING this has been allowed to go on for over 25 years!

This outfit abuses the kids and the employees. No one in Lucedale or Petal much likes them and few associate with them.

He is a sick, demented man who thinks he will be on the front row of heaven's choir when he kicks off. More likely in one of hell's chain gangs!

If you only knew some of the stories that remain untold due to people's fear of that man.

Hope Cheryle and her folks are sucessful. This is about justice, not vengance.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 29, 2004, 05:09:00 AM »
There is a scripture repeated several places in the New Testament regarding what is done in the dark or the corner will be revealed in the light.

Bethel has operated for nearly 30 years to some degree to itself. Herman fought the state's highest level of law enforcement on that very campus not because he was afraid of what they would find there as much as thier "invading his turf".

Herman is about control. 100% control. If you are on that campus, it is mandatory you NEVER speak one word critical of him, period. It is kinda like the Matrix trilogy, for you Matrix fans.

Remember in the first of the threquel Morpheus tells Neo everybody in the Matrix is a potential agent? Well that is very much the case at Bethel. Everyone there is either Herman's agent or gone! If you breathe a single word of "betrayal" (may simply be the truth, but do not voice it) you are marked. Then everyone there that associates with you in the Hermatrix morphs into a Herman agent. Their ears are tuned in and anything you say not fully in compliance with the "mission" of the home (really Herman's game plan) gets reported back to Herman faithfully and completely.

Again, your 100% loyalty to the man is required, if he is right or if he is wrong. Period.

It's a blend of sweatshop, 40's managemnent philosophy and slave labor. Wages are medeocre, conditions are only passable and the rhetoric is free flowing.

Back to the Trooper "invasion" issue which flows well with the previous comments. You have to be inside Herman's head just a bit to really "get it"> Herman has never wanted to fellowship with the local churches or pastors. Instead he created his own "exclusive" church "for the boys, you know it is all for the boys" By having a church and all the other support services basically on site, about the only time he has to associate with the Lucedalians is when they have to buy food and supplies. There are local leaders now urging John and Herman both to associate more with the community. Reluctatly, it is being reported John is trying to do so. Herman is still distant even to now.

Why? Because the more open the place becomes, the less of tyrants the leadership can be. The less tough love which is really mental and still some physical abuse as reported by boys that have been at Bethel during and after the settlement of the consent decree.

It has been reported from very reliable sources close to the program at Bethel that the Drill Instructors would "tone down" the discipline of the boys when word was put out visitors would be on campus that might not "understand our manner of discipline" What that really meant was they would not force a boy to eat and gorge himself as punishment or scream madly like one crazed at a kid because he bobbled out of formation in the lunch line. Again, "visitors" are a disruption of the normal way of life at Bethel. They crimp the DI freedom to discipline in the best Bethel fashion.

This is why I grow so weary with the handful of people that defend Herman and his sons. There will never be a fundamental change in the core values of that place until the Fountain name is totally and completely eradicated from it. That is simply not going to happen because Herman came to Lucedale to begin with because it is a small obscure sleepy community where he could buy land, build a compound and work his Lester Roloff inspired "rehabilitation program".

The court made a very watered down weak effort to force Bethel out of the Lucedale woods, but all Herman and Co. have to do is wait it out. Token community involvement just enough to satisfy the court until the decree runs out. It does have an expiration date.

They, the core leadership of Bethel primarily Fountains want outsiders to remain such. The state made a feeble attempt to assert themselves last year with the May raid, but then became impotent when it came time to be tough. Now we are stuck with the new and improved Bethel that is no more than a whitewash.

Now with news agencies swarming over stories about Bethel, the web, people's negative testimony piling up in volumes, and public record building an overwhelming case against Bethel, Herman is desparate to stop the flood tide of informtion.

Wake up Mr. Fountain, this is the 21ST century! We communicate with the world via satellite, cell phone and wireless internet. Gone are your days of "hiding" in Lucedale.

Your threats, lawyers, throwing parents hard earned money at it nor any other tactic can put the lid back on THIS Pandora's box that has been opened.

One forum accused Bethel's former webmaster of using intimidation tactics to try to get information that was both credible and factual about Herman and the home removed from postings on that particular forum. That  accusation by the forum against the former Bethel webmaster was and is true. I hope the former webmaster, wherever he is now realizes he was an unwitting pawn in Herman's manner of threats and strongarming people to try to suppress the truth. I wish I could sit down and talk with the gentleman that was the former Bethel webmaster and explain to him how wrong he personally was to defend Herman. I guess I will never have that opportunity, but I am sure a web savvy guy like him has read up on Bethel by now. Maybe his mind has changed.

It is very hard when scores of kids and parents will go under oath to testify of the problems thay have had with Bethel.

Like I say, what has been done in the dark will be revealed in the light. And Soon!

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 06, 2005, 10:13:00 PM »
John Goodman has finally broke his silence over his ordeal as an employee at Bethel Academy. You will find his post at http://www.freewebs.com/bethel-truth and I am sure you will find it very enlightening. Email John at [email protected].
A number of us have been after him for some time to do this, so now let's spread the word another post from an eye witness abused by the Fountain organization has stepped forward to speak out.

Rod

Offline tlcrescue

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 07, 2005, 10:16:00 AM »
bethel is being reopened as "eagle point academy".  my guess, the publicity was too much, so they needed a "facelift".

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 31, 2005, 01:12:00 AM »
A skunk is still a SKUNK even if you rename him KITY KITTY!

Get my DRIFT!

A rename means nothing...Bethel will be Bethel as long as ANY Fountain is breathing.

Sure to be the name will make no difference as it did not before.

See how good an effect Herman sr had on the girl's home? Poor Bubba had to close it down. Now he is selling it for 1.5 MILLION!!!

Told you guys it is all about the money, always has been and always will be

Remember the equations

Fountain family name+exploited and abused children and families=MONEY any way they can take or get it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!