Author Topic: concerned parent  (Read 11780 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
concerned parent
« Reply #120 on: September 01, 2007, 12:49:25 AM »
maybe she won't become one of those girls after she moves out.

Or *happy sigh* maybe she will...

From what I've noticed, extended families are great for keeping this kind of batshit insanity to a minimum. When one family member goes power-mad, the others (grandparents, uncles) will quietly help the kid out. Anyone else seen this?
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline White Cracker Man

• View Profile
concerned parent
« Reply #121 on: September 01, 2007, 01:38:26 AM »
Quote from: ""Guest""
maybe she won't become one of those girls after she moves out.

Or *happy sigh* maybe she will...

From what I've noticed, extended families are great for keeping this kind of batshit insanity to a minimum. When one family member goes power-mad, the others (grandparents, uncles) will quietly help the kid out. Anyone else seen this?

Not in my family. My family has one leader, she sets family policies and nobody dares to disobey her,not they would want to anyway, in my family, it is worse because there is more than one person creating havoc.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
concerned parent
« Reply #122 on: September 01, 2007, 05:50:55 AM »
You are the parent . You set the rules and they follow them.  Be consistent with you what you say and do. If they don't follow the rules take everything away and have them earn it back

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
concerned parent
« Reply #123 on: September 01, 2007, 08:28:50 AM »
Or you could go the other way and have them earn what you give them, that way they are in control of what they GAIN rather than what they LOSE, its better for them to see they are getting something out of being decent than losing everything to being naughty or disobedient

as for rules, weigh up what your kid is capable of taking on, the last thing you want is to set them up to fail, KISS and all will be well, you can move the goalposts slowly as progress is made and your child will start to feel good about themself

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
concerned parent
« Reply #124 on: September 01, 2007, 08:29:31 AM »
Or you could go the other way and have them earn what you give them, that way they are in control of what they GAIN rather than what they LOSE, its better for them to see they are getting something out of being decent than losing everything to being naughty or disobedient

as for rules, weigh up what your kid is capable of taking on, the last thing you want is to set them up to fail, KISS and all will be well, you can move the goalposts slowly as progress is made and your child will start to feel good about themself