Author Topic: Abuse Still Going ON?!  (Read 697 times)

Offline mithygato

• View Profile
    • http://mithygato@aol.com
Abuse Still Going ON?!
« on: May 29, 2003, 08:26:00 PM »
I thought after the Straights were investigated and shut down that these programs had slowly all died away.
I'm sickened and horrified to hear that people are still prisoners in facilites like Pathway Family Center, The Phoenix Institute, SAFE, Kids Helping Kids, Kids of New Jersey, Growing Together, and Second Chance.
Apparently a lot of the staff of the former Straights simply changed the names of the prisons, and in some cases just shipped everyone out of state to a Straight that wasn't closed down yet.
For anyone who's suffered at the hands of these sick programs - if the program is still up and running I have one word.
SUE! :flame:

For those of us who were tormented by Straight, since it was so long ago we probably can't do a lot legally.  However,if you win anything for pain and suffering it is a victory for us all!
Especially if the place is shut down.

I encourage everyone to look up these "treatment" companies websites, and you may notice that it's a Straight pamphlet right out of the past. These sick, greedy people all appear to use the same peer-to-pear confrontational format.
From their website,". . .Pathway Family Center utilizes peer to peer interaction/confrontation in a caring manner."
Sure, we all know what that means - degrade and humiliate the person in front of 100+.  Oh, and don't forget the forced, fake smile followed by I LOVE YA.
Wish I could go back in time and pay a few of the 5th phasers and "staff" a visit in a dark alley.

David
M.I.A.
Straight Richardson 88/89
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
The way in which a man accepts his fate and all the suffering it entails, the way in which he takes up his cross, gives him ample opportunity-even under the most difficult cirumstances-to add deeper meaning to his life.  It may remain brave, dignified an