Author Topic: Split: Who's Back to Derailing Threads  (Read 13695 times)

Offline TheWho

• View Profile
Split: Who's Back to Derailing Threads
« on: August 19, 2007, 08:27:59 PM »
Quote from: ""psy""
Quote from: ""FunkyChild""
this is all fine and dandy, it's okay that y'all are pissed, i'm not saying that daryl is the best guy to grace the earth, but if you're mad at him, criticize his actions and not his skin color. how hard is that?

I don't disagree, however, I didn't create the content.  Somebody came to me saying "hey.. this parody site on hla I made got a request to be taken down... do you have room on your server"...  I checked it over with the relavant people who said "sure" and it's now hosted with us.  I haven't even had time to review the whole site.

look.  The ACLU defended neo-nazis rights to free speech.. it doesn't mean they approve.  The person who made the HLA site is now doing another one for Aspen.  He realized he went a bit overboard with the HLA thing (his words, not mine) and has decided to make the other less of a "shock-site" as HLA.info was intended to be.

I know the guy personally and know that he is not racist.  He meant it as over the top satire and if it came out as racism..

Look.. there is a certain internet subculture that finds entertainment in over that type of over the top humor...  Often people who aren't familiar with that subculture are offended because they mis-interpret what was intended to be funny..

See an article on jews written by jews here:
http://www.encyclopediadramatica.com/Jew

Or an article written on blacks by the one of the Sysops on the site (sheneequa)

It's a different culture, and completely different humor (geeky, with subtle subtext).

You defend the racism and anti-Semitism shit sites and speech, but you don’t seem to care if someone like thewho gets booted for flooding because you don’t agree with his position.  I know the guy and he isn’t the ass hole everyone thinks, although he is one most of the times.  We don’t get along on most issues but he stands behind what he believes and is outspoken.  According to him he was banned without any warning and doesn’t believe he was flooding.  His posts were deleted and altered, by moderators (which we all now know to be true).  Even though it was stated previously that they didn’t have the capability or authority without leaving an edit trail.
Thewho replied to the ban via email and never got a response or a reason for being banned.  It is obvious, to the regulars, why he cannot post here anymore and no one is fighting the “freedom of speechâ€
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2007, 08:51:24 PM »
there is a difference between expression and spam. the who is a spammer, abiet strategic.

look at it this way...

you got a group of people discussing. they are vulgar, offensive, and piss each other off but their speech is unrestricted. they get stuff done. they discuss. then all of a sudden, a guy come along, with absolutely no knowledge of the subject discussed, and starts argueing and objecting to every little thing anyone tries to say, regardless of how ludicrious and baseless his argument is. inbetween he shouts statements which have absolutely nothing to do with the topic on hand. and to top it off, he starts acusing the group he joined and tried to destroy; of being unfair?.

listen, the who has no concept of free speech or how to hold a fair debate, therefore he doesnt belong in a group which upholds these ideas. the who is lucky for being banned. this guy would get stabbed to death in a place like ancient athens, woodstock, or some other place where no one would ever get flak for speaking out. as some guy in some movie put it: [the who] "your moral compass is so fucked up i'd be surprised if you made your way to the parking lot".

Offline psy

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://homepage.mac.com/psyborgue/
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2007, 09:17:46 PM »
Quote from: ""Guest""
Quote from: ""FunkyChild""
this is all fine and dandy, it's okay that y'all are pissed, i'm not saying that daryl is the best guy to grace the earth, but if you're mad at him, criticize his actions and not his skin color. how hard is that?

I don't disagree, however, I didn't create the content.  Somebody came to me saying "hey.. this parody site on hla I made got a request to be taken down... do you have room on your server"...  I checked it over with the relavant people who said "sure" and it's now hosted with us.  I haven't even had time to review the whole site.

look.  The ACLU defended neo-nazis rights to free speech.. it doesn't mean they approve.  The person who made the HLA site is now doing another one for Aspen.  He realized he went a bit overboard with the HLA thing (his words, not mine) and has decided to make the other less of a "shock-site" as HLA.info was intended to be.

I know the guy personally and know that he is not racist.  He meant it as over the top satire and if it came out as racism..

Look.. there is a certain internet subculture that finds entertainment in over that type of over the top humor...  Often people who aren't familiar with that subculture are offended because they mis-interpret what was intended to be funny..

See an article on jews written by jews here:
http://www.encyclopediadramatica.com/Jew

Or an article written on blacks by the one of the Sysops on the site (sheneequa)

It's a different culture, and completely different humor (geeky, with subtle subtext).

You defend the racism and anti-Semitism shit sites and speech, but you don’t seem to care if someone like thewho gets booted for flooding because you don’t agree with his position.  I know the guy and he isn’t the ass hole everyone thinks, although he is one most of the times.  We don’t get along on most issues but he stands behind what he believes and is outspoken.  According to him he was banned without any warning and doesn’t believe he was flooding.  His posts were deleted and altered, by moderators (which we all now know to be true).  Even though it was stated previously that they didn’t have the capability or authority without leaving an edit trail.
Thewho replied to the ban via email and never got a response or a reason for being banned.  It is obvious, to the regulars, why he cannot post here anymore and no one is fighting the “freedom of speechâ€
Benchmark Young Adult School - bad place [archive.org link]
Sue Scheff Truth - Blog on Sue Scheff
"Our services are free; we do not make a profit. Parents of troubled teens ourselves, PURE strives to create a safe haven of truth and reality." - Sue Scheff - August 13th, 2007 (fukkin surreal)

Offline TheWho

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2007, 09:21:16 PM »
and to top it off, he starts acusing the group he joined and tried to destroy; of being unfair?.

Wouldn’t you be pissed if what you wrote was being altered and then they accused you of being drunk?  Said the moderators didn’t have the capability of altering posts without an edit trail and said “End of discussionâ€

Offline psy

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2007, 09:31:02 PM »
and to top it off, he starts acusing the group he joined and tried to destroy; of being unfair?.

Wouldn’t you be pissed if what you wrote was being altered and then they accused you of being drunk?  Said the moderators didn’t have the capability of altering posts without an edit trail and said “End of discussionâ€
"Our services are free; we do not make a profit. Parents of troubled teens ourselves, PURE strives to create a safe haven of truth and reality." - Sue Scheff - August 13th, 2007 (fukkin surreal)

Offline TheWho

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2007, 09:36:19 PM »
Nobody modified his posts at all (although he was fond of claiming people did). If the situation was as you are describing it, i would be very upset with ginger, but the fact of the matter is that the guy WAS flooding the forum, He was posting as WAY more than his own username and posting the same posts over and over and over and over. It wasn't just in TheWho thread, and he targeted certain forums and threads more than others. He had clear motive. His sole purpose was to disrupt the forum. He was NOT banned for what he said or his opinions, but for spamming.

If you do really "know" the who, you would be a fool to listen to him... but that's your choice.

Yes, I do know thewho (unfortunately, I feel, sometimes, fuck who gives a shit if I know him or not) and his posts were modified and deleted.  This is not a guess or in need of a character reference, why do you doubt this?  Ask the guy TSW if moderators can alter posts.  We were all told they fucking cannot do this(or couldn’t before the move anyway) Ask Ginger if he was flooding and if thewho was warned, by email or pm by anyone and told to “cut the shitâ€

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2007, 09:51:57 PM »
I think thewho had a screw loose but I did notice when I followed his posts,  think was him, that the moderator was putting a guy with a hat at the end of his posts. I think it was a red and white hat.
If the moderators can do this cant they add or delete text also?  I am not really good at this stuff but I think he has apoint  I dont think an admin would be sitting around waiting for thewho to post and then adding the signature to his post.  I think they wanted him out.  You are not getting the whole truth psy.
 ::hatter::

Offline psy

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2007, 10:08:12 PM »
Nobody modified his posts at all (although he was fond of claiming people did). If the situation was as you are describing it, i would be very upset with ginger, but the fact of the matter is that the guy WAS flooding the forum, He was posting as WAY more than his own username and posting the same posts over and over and over and over. It wasn't just in TheWho thread, and he targeted certain forums and threads more than others. He had clear motive. His sole purpose was to disrupt the forum. He was NOT banned for what he said or his opinions, but for spamming.

If you do really "know" the who, you would be a fool to listen to him... but that's your choice.

Yes, I do know thewho (unfortunately, I feel, sometimes, fuck who gives a shit if I know him or not) and his posts were modified and deleted.  This is not a guess or in need of a character reference, why do you doubt this?  Ask the guy TSW if moderators can alter posts.

They could then, and they could now, however if a moderator does alter a post, it is LABELED as such.  Also.  If any and all moderator actions are LOGGED and those logs are available to all the admins.

We were all told they fucking cannot do this(or couldn’t before the move anyway) Ask Ginger if he was flooding and if thewho was warned, by email or pm by anyone and told to “cut the shitâ€

Offline TheWho

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2007, 10:12:07 PM »
I think thewho had a screw loose but I did notice when I followed his posts,  think was him, that the moderator was putting a guy with a hat at the end of his posts. I think it was a red and white hat.
If the moderators can do this cant they add or delete text also?  I am not really good at this stuff but I think he has apoint  I dont think an admin would be sitting around waiting for thewho to post and then adding the signature to his post.  I think they wanted him out.  You are not getting the whole truth psy.

Thank You guest, I thought others must have seen it too.  I am sure I will be banned too for trying to hurt the moderators also or the integrety of the forum and thats fine, I dont give a fuck, if thats how it waorks here, (If you want me to get a sign in name I will but dont fucking ban me because you think I am against this web site because I am not, someone took it up the ass because he wasnt popular and everyone is standing on their chairs cheering for free speech)  but the question stands why tolerate a guy for 3 years and then ban him outright becuase he got into a flame war.  Has anyone asked TSW (a moderator who I respect because he says what he fucking believes, even if it hurts him and makes him look like a dick sometimes, although I like his avatars) if he had the power to alter or delete posts, I know he does.  Who is lying here, you are mis informed psy.
 ::hatter::

Offline psy

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 19, 2007, 10:15:22 PM »
I think thewho had a screw loose but I did notice when I followed his posts,  think was him, that the moderator was putting a guy with a hat at the end of his posts.

That's possible.  That can be accomplished by editing the signature in the Profil.  That wouldn't out his guest postings, though.

I think it was a red and white hat.  If the moderators can do this cant they add or delete text also?

Editing the post will ALWAYS leave a stamp (edited by so and so on whatever date etc...)  There are no exceptions.

I am not really good at this stuff but I think he has apoint  I dont think an admin would be sitting around waiting for thewho to post and then adding the signature to his post.

If any of his guest postings were edited they would be stamped as edited.  Ask anybody who uses phpbb for a bulletin board.  Also,  Guest postings don't have signatures.

I think they wanted him out.  You are not getting the whole truth psy.

Talk to Ginger.  She is VERY adamant about free speech regardless of what people say.  Had being an insensitive asshole been his only crime he would not have been banned.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 19, 2007, 10:19:33 PM »
Quote from: "psy"
Editing the post will ALWAYS leave a stamp (edited by so and so on whatever date etc...)  There are no exceptions.

Sorry, but this is not true.

Offline psy

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 19, 2007, 10:20:10 PM »

Thank You guest, I thought others must have seen it too.  I am sure I will be banned too for trying to hurt the moderators also or the integrety of the forum and thats fine,

You're paranoid.  Ask ginger what was happening if you really want to know.

I dont give a fuck, if thats how it waorks here, (If you want me to get a sign in name I will but dont fucking ban me because you think I am against this web site because I am not, someone took it up the ass because he wasnt popular and everyone is standing on their chairs cheering for free speech)  but the question stands why tolerate a guy for 3 years and then ban him outright becuase he got into a flame war.

He was not banned for that reason.  He was banned for flooding the forum.

Has anyone asked TSW (a moderator who I respect because he says what he fucking believes, even if it hurts him and makes him look like a dick sometimes, although I like his avatars) if he had the power to alter or delete posts, I know he does.  Who is lying here, you are mis informed psy.

First off, TSW was a moderator only of the Facilities Questions forum.  There are no moderators to the TTI forum.  Only admins can edit the posts in that forum and if that happens, the posts are always labeled as edited.  It's the way the software works.  Nobody edited his posts but himself...

Offline psy

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 19, 2007, 10:21:52 PM »
Quote from: "Guest"
Sorry, but this is not true.

You're right.  If a post is edited before it is responded to, there is no edit tag.  Otherwise there is.  I can test it out right now...
« Last Edit: August 19, 2007, 10:24:24 PM by Guest »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
psy as a guest
« Reply #13 on: August 19, 2007, 10:22:51 PM »
bla bla bla...

testing editing

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 19, 2007, 10:22:52 PM »
A stamp is only left when the post isn't the latest post on the thread and is edited by the person who posted it.

Moderator edits never leave a stamp.