Author Topic: Jamaica prepares for hard-charging Dean/ Cat 5 possible  (Read 3547 times)

Offline Mummie

• View Profile
Jamaica prepares for hard-charging Dean/ Cat 5 possible
« Reply #15 on: August 27, 2007, 12:32:34 PM »
Just a note on how TB practices keeping the kids safe, last storm to come through Jamaica, Jay refused to move the kids to safer, higher, ground.  Outgraged, parents contacted the Consulate and they were forced to move the kids to higher ground.  Nice of Jay huh?

Meanwhile, more recently, I received an email from a program happy parent, who I won't name since I figure she's still an inside link to TB and has no clue where I stand, and she stated there are only a handful of kids still there.  She did not say where they were being housed, probably at one of the staff's houses, but that Jay does have plans to re-open a new facility at another site, once he can obtain one.  So by no means has TB completely shut down.  And with parents like this one still out to sell this program, I don't see that happening anytime soon.

The only thing we can be thankful for at this time is that they moved most of the kids out of there, and hopefully because of that move, parents wised up and took their kids home.  We will probably never know.

Meanwhile, someone keep their eyes on the Grand Caymen Press.  They are supposedly doing a follow up to last years story on TB.  It should prove to be quite interesting.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
quot;You can discover what your enemy fears most by observing the means he uses to frighten you.\"  -Eric Hoffer- (1902-83)

Offline Mummie

• View Profile
Jamaica prepares for hard-charging Dean/ Cat 5 possible
« Reply #16 on: August 29, 2007, 02:14:40 PM »
Here's the latest.  

Jay Kay did not move the kids from the facility, they stayed there and huddled in for the storm.  The kids are alright.  

Newsflash:  

Jay Kay was able to re-negotiate his lease, and TB is still up and running, accepting zero tolerance kids.  However, most upper levels were, in fact, moved to the states.  

Hate to break the bad news.  Not very thrilled about this myself.  Will keep you posted as more information trickles in.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
quot;You can discover what your enemy fears most by observing the means he uses to frighten you.\"  -Eric Hoffer- (1902-83)