Author Topic: revolt in south america  (Read 1296 times)

Offline kosmonaut

• View Profile
    • http://www.5minutestolive.com/qtGIMME.html
revolt in south america
« on: May 29, 2003, 02:01:00 PM »
Did anyone else read about that "behavior modification" school in south america, where the kids revolted the other day?  AWESOME!  Imagine how they must have felt, the local authorities came in and told them they were free to run.  The staff tried to beat the kids into submission.  But the kids won!  

What was the name of that place?
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
AR CRASH TURNS FROWN UPSIDE DOWN

Offline ehm

• View Profile
revolt in south america
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2003, 02:54:00 PM »
Dundee Ranch

When will this shit sink in for the general public?

Sadly, most of the kids were transferred to other programs after being retrieved. One of the children's mothers refused to take him back.
It's nice to have the exposure, but then it just fades away. It's like people want to pretend it doesn't really happen to American children. This country as a whole really have some thick blinders on. :???:

Offline kel78

• View Profile
revolt in south america
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2003, 03:54:00 PM »
Guess what has always blown my mind is why on earth do you think that shipping your kid off to get the "tough love" treatment will work better than just talking and trying to get through it as a family?  And how these places determine that a kid has a problem.  Half the time it's just being a teenager, or something else that's perfectly 'normal' that gets blown out of proportion.  

Just makes ya wonder where common sense goes sometimes...
like living. I have sometimes been wildly, despairingly, acutely miserable, racked with sorrow, but through it all I still know quite certainly that just to be alive is a grand thing.
- Agatha Christie

Offline 85 Day Jerk

• View Profile
revolt in south america
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2003, 09:21:00 PM »
Yeah I saw the news story, but the treatment center was in Costa Rica, not South America.  It was for the ultra-rich 90210 crowd.
Inside a warehouse behind Tyrone Mall
we walked in darkness, kept hitting the wall.
I took the time to feel for the door,
I had been \"treated\" but what the hell for?