Author Topic: Urgent Assisstance needed  (Read 2366 times)

Offline Deborah

• View Profile
Urgent Assisstance needed
« on: May 27, 2003, 07:27:00 PM »
Hey Watchdogs,
Below is an email from a concerned half-brother
of a young woman who was recently incarcerated
at Cross Creek Manor. He is very upset that he
is not allowed contact with her and is need of
some specific advice.
Ultimately, it would be good if he could be in touch with Gina, since she's been there, done that. Gina, if you're active here, let me know how he might contact you.
Thanks for your assistance.
Deborah
Deborah,
Thanks for the email.  I am interested in watch
dog groups and message boards.  What I am really
interested to know is if there is some way that I
can get a neutral third party, such as a child
advocate appointed, to make sure that my sister is OK.
I am allowed no contact with her.  She was living with my father during an extremely contentious divorce proceeding between my father and A's mother.
My father died January 19 two days before his divorce trial was to start.  A's relationship with
her mother was not good and my father did not want
A's mother to have full custody of her.  In
any event, this is why I want someone neutral to come in to act in the best interest of A but I don't know what agency to contact in the state of Idaho or Utah or even if one exists that can address this situation.
What I've been told is that A's mother has
full custody of her and has chosen to place her in this facility and that I need to accept this.  It's frightening to me that no else can step in to at least evaluate this situation.
Please forward me any information on watch dog
groups and bulletin boards.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
gt;>>>>>>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<<<<<
Hidden Lake Academy, after operating 12 years unlicensed will now be monitored by the state. Access information on the Federal Class Action lawsuit against HLA here: http://www.fornits.com/wwf/viewtopic.php?t=17700

Offline spots

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2003, 07:56:00 PM »
We are also in a position where we cannot contact a relative (grandaughter) who is being held at her mother's request (and money).  We have used our option of asking for a State Department welfare check (since the child is in Mexico) which will at least tell us how she is and let her know we are so concerned.  Stateside, you don't have this option.  

You can contact a lawyer and ask about the possibility of having a court-appointed guardian ad litem for her, who is an attorney *for the child* in a questionable situation.  I asked about this in conjunction with a custody case when we first started into this insanity, and I believe that the ad litem attorney is appointed - sort of like a public defender for the kid - by Child Protective Services or something.

Be advised that a custody case retreiving a child from WWASP has been running between $75K and $100K. With the current state of flux going on right now in WWASP, my advice would be to sit tight and see if the whole thing collapses.  In any case, most attorneys would grant you a preliminary office call to talk about your options, often at little or no charge.  Your next problem, if WWASP does fall (and we are worrying about this), is "what happens next?"

Offline METALGOD8

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2003, 09:48:00 PM »
For those of you who are interested, or need some third party advice, please go to the International Survivors Action Committee's site @

http://www.isaccorp.com    

Send email message for further instructions.
 Several months ago, we made arrangements with Wellspring Retreat in Ohio to help people coming out of abusive treatment programs. As former survivors, we know that these people will actually help. We checked, and double checked! Also, click on the Parent's Committee link. We have nearly 100 volunteers who are working on various projects.
 Due to the recent events in Costa Rica, there has been an increased need for "where can I go?" answers.
I hope this helps.

MG8 :smokin:

Offline Deborah

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2003, 10:50:00 PM »
MG8,
Awesome site and work.
I have been researching the Industry for a
couple of years and creating files on different programs, and never found ISAC.
I did not find a link for "Parents Committee".
Even did a search...none of the links that
were returned in the search worked, btw.
Help
Deborah
gt;>>>>>>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<<<<<
Hidden Lake Academy, after operating 12 years unlicensed will now be monitored by the state. Access information on the Federal Class Action lawsuit against HLA here: http://www.fornits.com/wwf/viewtopic.php?t=17700

Offline METALGOD8

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2003, 12:08:00 AM »
Hi Deborah. The website was started back a few months ago and is being updated as I type. As soon as it's done, something else happens.
Basically, the route that should be taken is:
Click on Contact Us, then Director of Parent's Committee (email). That should work just fine. There are 20 parents on that committee that can help. Main thing is to keep our heads up and keep on truckin!! Thank you.

MG8 :smokin:
(William)

Offline anon

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2003, 11:46:00 AM »
[ This Message was edited by: KarenZ on 2003-10-16 19:21 ]