Author Topic: Another suicide (This time at Island View)  (Read 2276 times)

Offline Covergaard

• View Profile
    • http://www.carstenovergaard.dk
Another suicide (This time at Island View)
« on: August 04, 2007, 04:40:14 AM »
I was updating one of the webpages on secretprisonsforteens and checked a link.

I found the tread "Scarriest Moments", where they mention a suicide in the "Green".

I can't believe that nobody has said anything about it, but after I left and went to Oakley a kid from Green hung himself in the bathroom and actually died. All the people I was friends with that were there at that time said that it was horrifying and sad. The worst affect it had on was his teammate that walked in and found him hanging in his belt from the stall.

Yet another cover-up with a lot of money?
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline TheWho

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2007, 09:14:00 AM »
I would say it is more of a cultural stigma.  In this country, anyway, if a child (or adult) takes their own life it isn’t as widely publicized as it would if they died of cancer, car accident etc.
We read in the paper about all the details of a car accident, if the person had been drinking, where they were coming from, what they wanted to be when they grow up, photographs of them from the year book  etc.  But if a child takes their own life very little is said typically.  Very few families feel comfortable talking about it openly.  Details are rarely in the paper discussing the childs struggles or events leading up to the suicide.  This type of death is treated differently in this country.

Offline Deborah

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2007, 11:23:39 AM »
It happened in 2004. It was reported on Fornits in 2006
http://fornits.com/wwf/viewtopic.php?p=228443#228443
gt;>>>>>>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<<<<<
Hidden Lake Academy, after operating 12 years unlicensed will now be monitored by the state. Access information on the Federal Class Action lawsuit against HLA here: http://www.fornits.com/wwf/viewtopic.php?t=17700

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
"green"
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2007, 01:13:39 PM »
i'm new to this web page but i just needed to know if the reference to "green" is refering to aspen achievement academy in utah? i know someone who died there earlier this year and im trying to get answers so that we can maybe get some closure. anybody who can help with info please let me know.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2007, 01:25:56 PM »
You want information, search Fornits and related sites.

You want answers and closure, hire a lawyer.

Offline hanzomon4

• View Profile
Re: "green"
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2007, 01:13:29 AM »
Quote from: ""mommabear""
i'm new to this web page but i just needed to know if the reference to "green" is refering to aspen achievement academy in utah? i know someone who died there earlier this year and im trying to get answers so that we can maybe get some closure. anybody who can help with info please let me know.

I think it's referring to Island View, what happened in AAA if you don't mind my asking?
i]Do something real, however, small. And don\'t-- don\'t diss the political things, but understand their limitations - Grace Lee Boggs[/i]
I do see the present and the future of our children as very dark. But I trust the people\'s capacity for reflection, rage, and rebellion - Oscar Olivera

Howto]

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
what happened
« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2007, 02:20:36 PM »
in april of 2007 a child committed suicide at AAA by hanging himself all the signs of being suicidal were there it should not have happened i would really like to talk to anyone else who was there around this time or who knows someone who was