Author Topic: Rep Def & Scheff Suppress My Voice  (Read 3636 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Rep Def & Scheff Suppress My Voice
« Reply #15 on: July 30, 2007, 11:50:35 AM »
Has anyone contacted these people to find out why Sue's crap is still up but Carey's was removed?
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline *

• View Profile
Rep Def & Scheff Suppress My Voice
« Reply #16 on: August 06, 2007, 09:06:04 PM »
http://www.abovethelaw.com/2006/10/writ ... eopl.phpWe agree. Eleven million dollars? You can call us whatever you like for that kind of money.

Granted, the defendant -- Carey Bock, a Hurricane Katrine victim who couldn't afford a lawyer -- lost on the issue of liability because she never showed up for trial. But a jury did consider the issue of damages, before deciding to award plaintiff Sue Scheff this staggering sum.

Eleven-point-three million? Most wrongful-death awards that are smaller than that. And it's not like Scheff is some movie star who can no longer command $10 million a picture because someone called her a child molester on a blog. She's just a small business owner whose ex-client said some negative things about her on a random website. Jeez.

Jury Awards $11.3M Over Defamatory
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
eople, even more than things, have to be restored, renewed, revived, reclaimed, and redeemed; never throw out anyone. Remember, if you ever need a helping hand, you will find one at the end of each of your arms.  As you grow older, you will discover that you have two hands; one for helping yourself, and the other for helping others. -Audrey Hepburn