Author Topic: Aren't they all gone yet?  (Read 1818 times)

Offline Tony

• View Profile
Aren't they all gone yet?
« on: February 05, 2002, 06:25:00 PM »
I know for sure that Kids and Straight no longer exist. I guess my question is this; are there really any programs like Straight or Kids in existence in the U.S. anymore?
Are there any descendent programs or programs modeled strictly after the ones we were in?
I know about the overseas rat holes, but specifically, I'm looking for the places where brainwashing and thought reform are still taking place in our country.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline FaceKhan

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2002, 11:14:00 PM »
I am pretty sure I remember being told by a Lawyer who sued KIDS that they were still around albeit only a very small group of hardcore cult members remain.

SAFE in Florida is basically Straight reborn, last I heard it was getting smaller but at the conference last year we had 2 SAFE parents defending the place. I met someone who spent 18 months there a couple years ago, and he described it as "a year and a half in hell"

And lastly there are hundreds of "bootcamps", Therepuetic Boarding Schools" (ie Teen Concentration camps), Rehab cults, and Wildnerness programs, most of them are so full they have to turn people away and they can charge anything they want as much as 7 thousand a month.
All of the darkness of the world cannot put out the light of one small candle.\"

Offline Kathy

• View Profile
    • http://ficanetwork.net
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2002, 10:34:00 PM »
That's right Jason.  Straight in Orlando, changed its name one day to SAFE... same staff, same clients, different name.  It is still in existence.  We just saw and article on a girl who went through SAFE sometime around August 2001.  If you go to the features button to the left, then click on AnonAnon, there is a comprehensive archive of news articles there.  Just look up SAFE.  Oh, but the most damning evidence is to look at the video of SAFE... under the video archives.  This news video is what convinced us to go stage a protest outside of SAFE in Orlando.
Kathy
"Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle."    ~Plato

Offline ladyjerrico

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2002, 07:44:00 PM »
so if it isn't Straight .. or a place called KIDS.. what does SAFE stand for?
Sexual Abuse For Everyone???

Quotation from "Girl, Interrupted":
"You change the scenery, but not the #@$ situation.. and the warden makes house calls!"
usan Minns

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2002, 07:33:00 PM »
this is a test html post.

xxxxx
yyyyy

test test
xxx
yyy