Author Topic: Ironwood  (Read 6569 times)

Offline Mummie

• View Profile
Ironwood
« on: August 01, 2007, 04:42:04 PM »
Is anyone familiar with thiFOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE:
January 29, 2007
For more information please contact:
Donna Crowley
New Line Media
(800) 597-1186

“Today’s Family” to feature IRONWOOD

Deerfield Beach, FL - New Line Media is pleased to announce the selection of Ironwood, for its innovative, educational television series, Today’s Family. This residential treatment facility for troubled teens, will be featured in a segment on “Touching Hearts and Changing Lives,” as part of the “Getting Involved Series.”

Peer pressure, substance abuse, depression and anxiety disorders are just a few of the issues that trouble teens today. With problems reaching epidemic proportions, parents are being forced to face immediate and crucial decisions. The good news is that there’s a wide variety of assistance available for families facing these critical issues.

Sharing the personal journey of Ironwood founders, Rodney and Marion Rodrigue, and their daughter, Courtney, the feature will bring a message of hope to struggling teens and their families. It will also introduce viewers to the many programs offered at Ironwood.

“We believe that teens can acquire the self-reliance and self-respect to change their behavior and re-engage with their families through therapeutic intervention, self-reflection, simple living, discipline, and hard work,” says Rodney Rodrigue. “We help the troubled teen learn to make changes and develop daily living skills that will allow them to live a better life as a vital, contributing family member,” Marion Rodrigue adds.

Located in rural mid-coast Maine, amid a verdant 6,000-acre preserve, hearts are being touched and lives are being changed at Ironwood’s 500-acre working farm. Once the permanent residence of the Rodrigue family, it now serves as a home away from home for troubled teens between the ages of 13 and 18.

The unique location gives struggling teens and their families an ideal environment in which to bring about positive, long-lasting change. A multi-level, reward-based program with a wilderness component, Ironwood has a fully accredited educational program, in which students will progress academically, utilizing multi-faceted experiential programs and core academic offerings.

For more information, log on to www.ironwoodmaine.com
s program?

« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
quot;You can discover what your enemy fears most by observing the means he uses to frighten you.\"  -Eric Hoffer- (1902-83)

Offline Mummie

• View Profile
Ironwood
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2007, 04:46:16 PM »
Maybe I am just a little late out of the shoot.  http://http://hillside.com/Resources/images/index_r1_c1.jpg
quot;You can discover what your enemy fears most by observing the means he uses to frighten you.\"  -Eric Hoffer- (1902-83)

Offline Mummie

• View Profile
Ironwood
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2007, 05:42:09 PM »
I forgot, the above link is to Today's Family show.

Offline nimdA

• View Profile
Ironwood
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2007, 01:04:09 AM »
What is Ironwood all about?
am the metal pig.

Offline Mummie

• View Profile
Ironwood
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2007, 11:49:45 AM »
While in Utah, my daughter found out one of her friends was sent away, she thinks it's Ironwood.  So I told her I would post a thread and see if anyone knows anything about this school.  The posts above were all I found.  

In addition, she has another friends whose mom is planning on sending her to some all Girls boarding school in Florida, we are still waiting for the name.  I am going to try and google Florida all girls schools and see what pops up, and then give her friend a call.  She says she saw mom's paperwork laying around somewhere.

Will keep you posted.

Offline nimdA

• View Profile
Ironwood
« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2007, 11:58:05 AM »
Jesus.. I can think of two off the top of my head for Florida..

One is the Eckerd Camp at E Nini Hasse.. helped a lady get her daughter out of that place.

the other is that Lighthouse of Northwest Florida, and they have their own forum here on fornits. Must not be to good.
am the metal pig.

Offline Mummie

• View Profile
Ironwood
« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2007, 12:04:11 PM »
You know, the more I search, the more I get sick.  And I can't believe the relations all these companies have when you start looking.

Strange, I thought California didn't have boarding schools for troubled teens, because of the laws, but apparently they do, see Julian Youth Academy in San Diego, CA, a supposedly Christian facility, also linking to TeenRescue, who links to RedcliffAscent with NATSAP backing them.

I am going to ask her if those two you mentioned are one of them.  I am waiting for her to call me back.

Your post sound ominous

Offline Mummie

• View Profile
Ironwood
« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2007, 12:10:33 PM »
Lighthouse, otherwise referred to as Victory is also on ISAC's watchlist.  Geez.

Offline Mummie

• View Profile
Ironwood
« Reply #8 on: August 03, 2007, 12:11:11 PM »
Lighthouse, otherwise referred to as Victory is also on ISAC's watchlist.  Geez.  Did you read their warning?  Those people were also operating in California and shut down.

Offline nimdA

• View Profile
Ironwood
« Reply #9 on: August 03, 2007, 12:17:08 PM »
I haven't heard much about Lighthouse. What I've read on fornits about Roloff was enough to sicken me.
am the metal pig.

Offline Mummie

• View Profile
Ironwood
« Reply #10 on: August 03, 2007, 01:25:03 PM »
Yah, the guy sounds like a real whackjob.

Offline nimdA

• View Profile
Ironwood
« Reply #11 on: August 03, 2007, 01:43:58 PM »
Good way to describe him.
am the metal pig.

Offline Mummie

• View Profile
Ironwood
« Reply #12 on: August 03, 2007, 03:09:19 PM »
Yup  Or as you would say "a real wanker".  Insert emoticon here. :rofl:   God I am just having to much fun here today.  My bad?

Offline Mummie

• View Profile
Ironwood
« Reply #13 on: August 06, 2007, 01:43:03 PM »
My daughter's girlfriend called us yesterday, and she can't find the paperwork, Mom must have moved it, maybe, let's pray, she threw it away.

Offline lorrispickelmire

• View Profile
Lighthouse
« Reply #14 on: November 27, 2007, 03:14:52 AM »
Depends which one you are talking about.  Lighthouse in Corpus Christi Texas, and Lighthouse Intercoastal are Roloff homes, VCA is also connected to Roloff, but there is another that seems not to be affiliated.  It is no wonder that this is so confusing, they are not even imaginative enough to come up with new names.
quot;It will be found an unjust and unwise jealousy to deprive a man of his natural liberty upon the supposition he may abuse it.\"
                                        George Washington